Maybelline Color Tattoo 250 Nude Pink

4.9

on 6/22/2017 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow this is an old fave for sure! When this line came out I always used it as an eye primer. I have hooded eyes, so I tend to lean toward mostly matte shadows. Sometimes I like to have a bit of a shimmer, so instead of buying shimmer shadow, I'll use the color tattoo line to brighten things up. The texture is creamy and light on my lid. And there's just enough shine to show through a light base color to do the trick. Powder shadows cling nicely to my lid without feeling cakey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I see this product has not been reviewed in over a year. This was LE product, not easy to find anymore, and that's probably why. I read that this was a dupe for MAC Painterly pot, but didn't want to shell out $22 for the MAC product if I could find something less expensive, yet still do the same thing. Well, I think I did. I can't do a side-by-side comparison with painterly because I don't have that. But, if you are looking for a long-lasting, cool-toned eye shadow base that sets without pilling, gives long wear and makes your shadows pop, then this is worth trying.

I use a separate eye primer before using this product - Milani Eye Primer, and find these two products work well together. I allow my eye primer to set for about 10 mins and this product to set another 10 mins before I start with colors.

Pros:

-Good solid coverage
-Pot formula - I am giving this as a pro and con because pressing your finger and rotating it in the pot to warm the product on it before application works well (I have tried to use a sponge tip, but the outcome isn't the same)
-Great color for cooler tones (would probably go with painterly if you have warmer tones)
-Does not pill with other products, sets well
-Does not irritate or redden my eyes

Cons:

-LE so not easy to find
-Pot formula is not as hygienic as a tube or similar would be, but I think it works well as is

on 1/21/2015 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Thanks for telling us about this color. I just ordered 2 from Amazon. I love these shadows and currently use the Beige Leather color daily.

on 6/24/2015 3:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I recently heard about Nude Pink, as I had apparently missed it's original release, and as I am currently enjoying pink and mauve shades I thought this would be a great matte pink-toned base. I've been looking for an affordable dupe to MAC's "Girl Friendly" paint pot, which is a dusky pink matte shade...I was really hoping that this would be a good dupe for that. Numerous reviews I had read said that this was a very pink shade. I am on the pale side and on my skin-tone while Nude Pink does pull a little to the pink, it's still a very nude shade. Many others have compared this to MAC's "Painterly" paint pot, which I have, so I compared the two against eachother: On the lid, they pretty much look the same...but that's when they are sheered out and blended into your skin. As a swatch on my inner arm, Nude Pink does pull more pink and a little darker than Painterly.
All in all, I am very disappointed that it's not the pink shade I was hoping it would be... but that's a failing of my own expectations and not of the product.

As far as the product itself goes... keeping in mind that these Maybelline shadows are intended as either cream shadows or bases and 'not' primers... in comparison to the MAC "Painterly" paint pot, I found Nude Pink to be very dry and stiff feeling on my lid without a primer. Used over foundation and a primer on my lids (as I usually wear my shadows), it worked great as a nude base for other shadows and did help to boost shadow pigmentation to some degree. It was comfortable and long-wearing over a primer with no creasing in a 12+ hr period (and I have pretty oily hooded lids).
With that said, I did feel that this was a bit over-kill, or redundant, to use a nude colored base over a nude colored primer... but I use MAC's "Painterly" pp as my primer with all shadows and I tend to use Maybelline's various colored Color Tattoo cream shadows for my bases.

*I used MAC's "Painterly" pp as the comparison in this review because so many others have done so before me and I wanted to add some clarification.

I have oily lids and I think that very possibly this cream shadow/base could stand on it's own as both a primer and the base or even just a nude shadow. But again, felt stiff and overly dry on the lids.

I paid $15 for my unopened jar of this product on ebay...which I would not pay again for it. And, unless it proves itself better with pink in the near future, I would not repurchase this.
I'm finding Maybelline's "Vintage Plum" from their Leather Color Tattoo Collection to be a pretty good base for mauves and dusty-rose shades, instead. Still looking for a great dusty-pink/rose matte base, though.

Good product, but I don't have use for a nude base when I already have a good nude primer.
I gave a full 5-lippies review because my expectations were my own and not a reflection on the product itself and I want to be fair. The product is very good quality and anyone looking for an opaque matte nude base or cream shadow would do well to try this one out.

*I've uploaded a photo of my MAC "Painterly" pp and the Maybelline "Nude Pink" Color Tattoo side by side for comparison. This was a cell phone pic, and not a great one, but I did my best with what I had at the time...hopefully it's somewhat helpful.

on 11/9/2015 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

this became quickly my favorite. i paid full price but its worth. i use it all alone or under eyeshadow. not too pink, not purple. i also have 'just beige' but i use this one more

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

A perfect nude pink for fair skinned girls. I love the Color Tattoo line but I really wanted some natural looking mattes that aren't so dark. I wish Maybelline would put this in their permanent line. This was a LE that I discovered online well after it had left stores. Makes a great primer or stand alone for a natural look. As with most Color Tattoos it is not very creamy and sets fast, although I still find it more blendable than Tough as Taupe. I'm finding in my mid 30's that my skin has shifted from warm to neutral making some cooler toned makeup easier to wear. I think this would be a good nude shadow for those with cool, fair skin. Swatched it against MAC's Painterly and they looked very different to me; Painterly was a lot brighter. Don't know where I can find a dupe yet.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

MAYBELLINE, READ THESE REVIEWS - PLEASE MAKE THIS PERMANENT! ARE YOU CRAZY???

Fabulous product, shade, texture. As I've aged my lids have darkened badly and of course this darkness affects my eyeshadow shades and application. Most eye primers are colorless and most neutral cream eyeshadows are shimmery. So I use a colorless eye primer and a creamy beige powder eyeshadow or mineral foundation as a base. Works fine, but how convenient and time-saving to swipe on ONE PRODUCT instead, right? A MATTE product that color-corrects the lid. provides an effective (superior) eyeshadow base AND serves as a lovely, natural eyeshadow by itself . . . THIS is what Nude Pink offers. I have heavily hooded eyes and always wear a crease shade to recede that hood; with Nude Pink that crease shade is all I need to apply along with mascara and I'm done, if I choose. I bought mine on Ebay, paying twice the retail price and it was absolutely worth every penny. I TREASURE it.

on 3/9/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAYBELLINE, MAKE THIS PERMANENT! I was so excited when I saw the spring 2014 nude collection coming out, but they all have shimmer/frost. Who ever we have to pay off to get Nude Pink made permanent, let us know! It is the best of everything giving a matte yet cashmere feel. If you took the best part of BB Malt, BB Cement & MAC Painterly and wrapped them up in a delicious $6 package of Maybelline goodness, you get this. I pay about $20-30 for the BB. Would I buy again? I would buy you out Maybelline if you would just make this permanent. It was a miracle that I found this back in November when I did. I was out of state, running an early morning grocery run for my MIL, when there at this hometown store, was one of these left. Christmas came early for me that day. Who needed Black Friday after that.

I got these on ebay just a couple days ago for like 15 bucks!!! Including free shipping. theyre awesome!!!! The pink nude is an awesome eye shadow base plus primer, my shadows last all day and I don't have to add a transition color- so awesome! And the looks I have created with this color tattoo are seamless. I always wanted to buy the mac paint pots in Painterly and Soft Ochre, but couldn't afford them, Givenchy makes something similar to this too, but again too expensive. Ebay has a bunch of the Maybelline in nude pink, which is a Painterly dupe, and just beige, which is a Soft Ochre dupe with shipping included on the cheap! Get thee to them!

I got my Maybelline color tattoo in 225 just beige and another in 250 nude pink and I absolutely love them! I got them at my local dollar tree yesterday for $1.10 each! them being $5.00 or more at walmart I got them for a great price.I gave them a great rating on the price because I got them as cheap as I did.If I got them at walmart their rating from me wouldn't be as high.I love them a lot though.