Garnier Body Repair Reparative Balm

Garnier Body Repair Reparative Balm

on 5/28/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

It works so well I love it

on 11/1/2014 2:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This product is great at hydrating my skin, especially since in Canada we're moving into snowy weather. It leaves my extra dry hands feeling soft. But I will never repurchase this product again, The stench of this balm is so overpowering. Its reminiscent of baby powder and I can't stand that smell. I recommend smelling the product before you buy it. I've tried the lotion from the body repair line so I thought the smell wouldn't be that powerful. If you're sensitive to fragrance I'd say pass on this.

on 2/23/2014 7:29:00 PM

This lotion is fantastic for winter in cold climates. It instantly soothes dry skin and leaves it hydrated all day long. It can sometimes leave a residue behind if you touch things with it on your hands (like the outside of the tube) but this is common for thick products and this does not de-value this product for me at all. I will likely use this product less in the spring and summer though. It is definitely a fall and winter product. I am very happy with this lotion and have already repurchased it.

on 12/6/2013 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love Garnier's Honey and Shea butter lotions, so when I saw this body cream I had to try it out! It comes in a red tube, 200mL and cost me about $4.99 on sale at Shoppers. On the tube it says it is made with 20% glycerin and is for uncomfortable, extra-dry skin or very dry and sensitive to external aggressors such as cold and windy weather. I have eczema and dry skin on my body, especially my legs during the colder weather.

I like that it's thick, but it can be a bit greasy and feel sticky the same way glycerin (which I use mixed with water to moisturise my face) can feel and takes longer to sink into the skin than the Garnier regular body lotion. I also noticed if I put on my clothes after applying, even 5-10 minutes later, some of the cream rubbed off onto my clothing. This may not happen if you have super dry skin though, so I try to use just a small drop now which helps. I'm not crazy about the scent either, it's not a bad smell I just prefer the other Garnier lotion scents to this one. Thankfully it's not strong, reminds me of like a very, very watered down Dior Addict scent. I only use this at night, when I'm not worried about getting dressed and hurrying, and that way I wake up to nice, soft skin. Also great for super dry hands - and for hands I apply any time of day. I also LOVE that this comes in a tube and not a tub like so many creams/balms! So easy to take with me to work or travelling without the mess.

I would repurchase this - I still like the regular Garnier lotions for everyday, but this makes a great twice-weekly treatment type cream for very dry skin especially for colder weather and alleviated my dry, flaky skin after 1 use. It's works great for elbows, feet or spot-treating any dry patches too.

Popular Lotions / Creams