E.L.F. Studio BB Cream SPF 20

E.L.F. Studio BB Cream SPF 20

3.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5, Oxybenzone 4, Octisalate 5 Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sorbitan Olivate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Chloride, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Talc, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mica, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum) May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was using another drug store brand that was way more expensive. But when I looked to see if this brand I was using was tested on animals or had animal products in them I came up with nothing. So I couldn't buy it again. Well there was elf! They don't test on animals no animal products in the product. I got the light, it smells wonderful! It's on the thick side it does moisturizer! It covers and evens well! It's definitely not full coverage but I don't like that look. It has a dewy finish I use my DIY face powder and the glow does not go way completely! I'm in love with this product and it's so adorable even on my super tight budget!

on 12/8/2016 11:08:00 PM

I'm not sure if it's this bb cream, or bb cream in general, but I find it to be very greasy and very hard to blend. If you don't have blemishes, it might work fine, but if you do, it won't cover anything.

This is a bit thick and oily for a BB. My skin looks soft and even at first, but after it's been on for a couple hours, it's like it draws more oil from my skin, and I get so oily and shiny. The general dermatological rule is that you're supposed to wear SPF 30, so anything below that seems misleading in terms of sun protection.

Normally, when a product has a pump, it is drawn through a tube that extends to the bottom of the packaging. This does not have the tube, so the product is drawn from right next to the pump itself instead of the bottom of the package; this difference takes some getting used to, but it makes it easier to get the last bit of product out.

on 10/6/2016 5:44:00 AM

Very dewy,, not for oily to combo skin

not much color selection but I was happy about the sunscreen. I found it settled into creases no matter what and is pretty thick for no better coverage than it offers. I am in my 50's and I found that it made me feel very oily also the packaging is fragile, the pump is anyway.

on 9/16/2016 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

UPDATE: I stopped using this for a while because i got a few new products. I used this again for the first time in over a month today and i still just absolutely love it. It melts into my skin like nothing else. i honestly like it more than $40 BB/CC creams (i have 3 that are this price or more). it just looks absolutely beautiful and i think it's my favorite in my collection. i have at least 10.

In my recent quest for cruelty free makeup, I have been trying many products from cruelty free brands. E.L.F is cruelty free and extremely affordable, that's why I picked this product up. Sometimes I think people expect too much out of makeup, especially a BB cream. It's not foundation, it's not the fountain of youth, and it's not magical. It's BB cream, and it does what it's supposed to do. It evened out my skin and gave me a glowy finish. It contains SPF 20, a big plus for me. It has a thicker consistency, almost paint like? It gave great coverage, more so than many of my other BBs or tinted moisturizers. I got "fair," and it matches my fair skin very well. I ALWAYS use moisturizer and primer, no matter what. I know people think that a BB cream will be moisturizing enough on it's own and apply this to their bare skin. *CRINGE* IMO, this is why it ends up looking patchy, streaky, oxidizing, and just generally a hot mess. This applied beautifully on top of my moisturized, primed skin. Blended out great with a sponge. The smell was not my favorite, reminded me of baby lotion which I absolutely despise, like seriously gag, I don't wanna smell like a baby's butt crack, but that fades after a short time which is why it didn't lose points for the scent. I can tolerate it for the few seconds that it's detectable. The packaging is really cute, it comes in a tube with a nice capped pump, so travel and application are easy and clean. I don't like foundation, well I do I guess I just haven't found my perfect HG. I don't have perfect skin, but it is pretty nice, no real issues with acne or redness. Hormonal pimples on my jawline around that time of the month and I just find foundations to be so heavy and end up making my skin look worse. So I am a HUGEEE fan of BBs and TMs. This is a great addition to my collection. I wear it often to the office and on weekends.

pros:
- CRUELTY FREE
- good color match for my pale skin
- great coverage for a BB
- EXTREMELY affordable, your're not gonna find another BB for $6 in any store.
- SPF 20
- blends beautifully
- great packaging, love the tube/pump

cons:
- unplesant scent
- not many shades to choose from

I'll start off by saying that 9/10 I really do love ELF products, but when it comes down to foundation and other base makeup, they just seem to miss the mark, and this BB cream was no exception.

Pros: Good price, pump is easy to use, good color match.

Cons: Slides off really easily, Made my face feel super greasy, Smells and feels like sunscreen.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The lightest shade, which I need, was too pink toned.
Never quite settles in the skin and slowly just slides off. Not enough coverage. Ugly, tacky looking finish.

on 6/30/2016 5:14:00 PM

the lightest shade was too dark for me

I got this at a Longs over in Maui (which is kinda like walgreens). I was tempted to wait till I get back to the mainland because makeup in Maui is usually about 5$ more expensive than it is here on the mainland, but I saw E.l.f. and it was, as usual, affordable. So I got this and their tinted moisturizer, and tried it on the next day. I brought 4 different tools that I could use to apply foundation: my fingers, a knockoff beauty blender, a flathead stippling brush, and a rounded end foundation brush. But nothing could solve the fact that the palest shade on my tan skin was way too orange. However, it works perfectly for my brother, and so I'm probably gonna use it in some pranks. As far as texture goes, this made it look like I have giant pores on my cheeks, even though I really don't, and I was using smashbox pore minimizing primer for some big ones around my nose. And that primer is awesome for pores. So, I probably won't repurchase.