E.L.F. Studio BB Cream SPF 20

E.L.F. Studio BB Cream SPF 20

3.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5, Oxybenzone 4, Octisalate 5 Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sorbitan Olivate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Chloride, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Talc, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mica, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum) May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The lightest shade, which I need, was too pink toned.
Never quite settles in the skin and slowly just slides off. Not enough coverage. Ugly, tacky looking finish.

on 6/30/2016 5:14:00 PM

the lightest shade was too dark for me

To Read all 55 Reviews, Login or Join

I got this at a Longs over in Maui (which is kinda like walgreens). I was tempted to wait till I get back to the mainland because makeup in Maui is usually about 5$ more expensive than it is here on the mainland, but I saw E.l.f. and it was, as usual, affordable. So I got this and their tinted moisturizer, and tried it on the next day. I brought 4 different tools that I could use to apply foundation: my fingers, a knockoff beauty blender, a flathead stippling brush, and a rounded end foundation brush. But nothing could solve the fact that the palest shade on my tan skin was way too orange. However, it works perfectly for my brother, and so I'm probably gonna use it in some pranks. As far as texture goes, this made it look like I have giant pores on my cheeks, even though I really don't, and I was using smashbox pore minimizing primer for some big ones around my nose. And that primer is awesome for pores. So, I probably won't repurchase.

I found that it wasn't drying at all. I found that it applied best with a beauty blender or with my hands. I would say it gives about light coverage which i would expect with a bb cream. It did feel a little tacky but setting it with powder made it go away. overall, i think this is one of the best drugstore bb creams.

on 4/25/2016 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been having a hard time with foundation lately. High end, cheap...doesn't matter. Everything I've tried has been sitting in my pores. I exfoliate, have tried different primers and nothing has worked. Even tried every method of application possible and still look like I have dots all over my face. I don't have many lines so I don't really know how this would work on more mature skin, but it has been the only thing that hasn't settled in pores or slid off my face in a few hours. I mix it with a little bit of NYX highlighter in the tube and have used both a primer and just moisturizer and sunscreen underneath and have had no issues. I do have to use my fingers and apply in downward strokes. I prefer a brush, but my face doesn't anymore. A damp beauty blender works well to, but think for my skin, my fingers work best.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on a whim after running out of other tinted cream. It's cheap and I LOVE ELF so I didn't think I'd have anything less than an amazing experience with it. I was mistaken.

First off though, the packaging is is slick and it's a pump tube which is nice. It's not cheap looking.

When I pumped it on the back of my hand and ran my fingers through the cream it felt really luxurious. I bought the color porcelain. The color was spot on for me.

2nd, when I smelled it....I wasn't mad. It's not the nicest smell I've put on my face but it wasn't bad. It sticks around though.

3rd It's too thick. I didn't apply moisturizer which I absolutely should have. I thought it would apply seamlessly but it's thick and rather "drying" I applied it with a brush but switched to my hands with the hope that the heat would help it blend. Eventually I got it. It looked not bad. I finished my face and went on my way. 3 hours later it all separated on my face. Yuck.

ROUND 2

I tried applying my moisturizer and then the cream. It was way better but still a little difficult but I had it looking rather nice. Set it with powder. Carried on. Again, a few hours later separated everywhere and creased. Disappointed because it really did start out nice. But.....

Tossed.

on 4/16/2016 5:58:00 PM

The only positives I can say about this are there's decent SPF and the packaging is really nice. Other than that it is thick and goopy which made applying it a nuisance, and I personally can't tolerate the smell. Even after several hours I still get wafts of it way too frequently and it's very off-putting. It also settles into the fine lines around my eyes from squinting or smiling or generally moving my face. Not a fan and will not even finish the tube.

Overall I really like this product! I find that it evens out your skin tone and gives a nice medium coverage. I got have many fine lines quite yet so I can't say anytime about that. I would definitely repurchase😊

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I loved this stuff for a long time. It is not like a usual BB cream, it is definitely a foundation and I got some pretty hardcore medium coverage with it. It felt nice on my skin, covered my redness and evened out my skintone. But I noticed it started settling into some of my lines. I'm only 32 so I don't have many, but it made them look so pronounced, like they were worse than they actually are. Not really fond of things that prematurely age me. Kinda trying to go for the opposite effect when applying makeup. Also it transfers really badly. I liked it because it's hard for me to find foundation that's a good color match, and this one was. But too many negatives, and I have now found a foundation that works. Will not repurchase.

on 1/31/2016 12:51:00 AM

Good coverage, moderate and does what bb cream I supposed to do, even skin tone. I apply fingers or sponge.

I find it hydrating. Use a finishing powder to set it. Color stays true all day. Does not gather or streak. Truly superior in this way are bb creams to foundations in my humble opinion.

Stem\straw that pumps product from tube to dispense dislodged, so that's a "no", but product, price and value unheard of in this saturated world

Will overlook faulty dispensing and repurchase until the "new and improved" or discontinue it. Good stuff!