e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio BB Cream SPF 20

e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio BB Cream SPF 20

3.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5, Oxybenzone 4, Octisalate 5 Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Sorbitan Olivate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Chloride, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Talc, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mica, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum) May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 8/26/2018 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I grabbed this in shade Buff which is the second shade, and I'm NC15/20. I thought it would be too dark but it's BB cream so it's more sheer and not as noticable on the skin but it ended up being a great shade match.

However, I merely tested it on my skin before getting ready for bed and the SPF smell is insane. I can still smell it, even though I washed my skin and face. It's very very SPF smelling. Enough that I don't think I want to use it, or will save it for some other time.

The finish was dewy, applied well with my sponge and took all my redness away, but once it sat, it started to gather in the lines around my nose etc.. And started to give a powdery/dry/cakey look. Really weird since it looks dewy from afar.

ETA - tested this for a few hours on a break from work - the SMELL. I smell like a kid going swimming at a pool. So much SPF smell. It also comes off VERY easily. I blotted - and so much color came off my face. Other than the color being a good match and it does leave your skin soft once you remove it --will probably donate because the smell is insane. Also comes in a squeeze tube and is .9 oz. Going to try NYX BB cream instead.

on 1/21/2018 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is not bad for a cheap B.B. cream. It actually has a lot of coverage. Ok for my dry skin. I like the pump and of course the price is great too!

on 1/6/2018 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was surprised at how well this worked for me. I've been slowly transitioning from foundations to BB creams and of the three or four I've tried so far this is the nicest. I used the Beige shade and got full coverage and a really lovely dewy finish which is not ordinarily my thing, but it looks so pretty I'm going with it. The packaging is convenient and easy to use as well. I do wish ELF would expand their shade range to include darker skin, however. I took a lippie off for that.

on 8/11/2017 9:39:00 AM

Meh...I don't like this at all. My sister uses it and likes it quite well so based on her experience I thought I would give it a go. I can appreciate the fact that it has sunscreen in it which I really do need. But I did not care for the smell of it at all, it smells like sunscreen. This is the same reason that I stopped using self tanners so long ago, I simply could not tolerate the smell of them.

I purchased in fair, I am fair skinned but this foundation is perhaps a hair too light for me. I probably should have gone a touch darker. I don't wear this to work but will use on the weekends if I am lounging just so my face isn't completely bare. I do appreciate the SPF in it but that's about it.

For me this was a dud. I like ELF as a brand and have found some great gems. This was not one of them though, will not repurchase.

ETA - I took this BB cream, NYX Matte Not Flat which was the wrong shade, and a concealer from BH Cosmetics that was too light, put the contents in a jar and mixed them all up. The result was a nice color foundation that I was able to use up completely, so maybe the BB cream didn't work for me on it's own but I was able to use in conjunction with other products. So if you get this or any other foundation that doesn't work for you, try mixing it with other ones and see if it works better. It did for me.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this product so bad! It's affordable, has great packaging and has so many good reviews on YouTube and around the web.

The product claims to have good coverage, feel weightless on the skin and is said to contain a bunch of hydrating ingredients like jojoba, aloe and vitamin e. Sadly, it did not live up to its claims for me.

I would say that coverage is light medium and builds to solid/medium coverage. Unfortunately, it accentuated all of my dry patches and settled into my fine lines. It even managed to find lines I never even knew I had. It did not look good on the skin at all.

This BB cream does have an spf of 20, which is good, particularly for those who don't wear a sunscreen. I would say that if you have normal-oily skin and are looking for an affordable bb cream with spf coverage, then this product might work for you. I wouldn't recommend it for people with dry and or mature skin types.

I was trying to save some money so I bought some elf (this, studio fdtn, 2 primers, & 3 pressed powders) for less than half the price of a charlotte tilbury fdtn I was going to get. It works. It seems dewy smells kinda funky but if you are strapped for cash elf will work!! It's also cruelty free which is awesome. I was stuck between wnw photo focus finish fdtn & powder but they didn't have my colors. Elf has always been a solid brand for me it seems like whatever fdtn I used is greasy by noon even spending money on high end makeup like EL DW. I had been using stila bb it's better but I'm almost out so I needed to do something out of desperation they didn't have the acne fighting fdtn @ Kroger or I wouldve got that, now that stuff is the shizzzz it's hard to find. This has spf yay I'd buy it again & rec'd it to all of my animal loving frugalista gals & pals I'm going to be trying Maybelline BB next. I'm not real keen on DS MU but the dollar tree Sassy + Chic isn't bad for USD$1 (yes u read that right $1 = 100 pennies = 20 nickels = ten dimes!) I tend to focus on color cosmetics (e/s, lips, brows) & less on fdtn/primer/mascara/basic eyeliner [blk/brwn] as long as eyeliner/mascara are WP. I should rephrase that I don't scrimp unless I have to but it's easy to get more month than the money!! Ps: the mineral powder $2 > physicians formula $12 powder elf rocks!! Frugalista's of the world unite & take over!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was using another drug store brand that was way more expensive. But when I looked to see if this brand I was using was tested on animals or had animal products in them I came up with nothing. So I couldn't buy it again. Well there was elf! They don't test on animals no animal products in the product. I got the light, it smells wonderful! It's on the thick side it does moisturizer! It covers and evens well! It's definitely not full coverage but I don't like that look. It has a dewy finish I use my DIY face powder and the glow does not go way completely! I'm in love with this product and it's so adorable even on my super tight budget!

on 12/8/2016 11:08:00 PM

I'm not sure if it's this bb cream, or bb cream in general, but I find it to be very greasy and very hard to blend. If you don't have blemishes, it might work fine, but if you do, it won't cover anything.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a bit thick and oily for a BB. My skin looks soft and even at first, but after it's been on for a couple hours, it's like it draws more oil from my skin, and I get so oily and shiny. The general dermatological rule is that you're supposed to wear SPF 30, so anything below that seems misleading in terms of sun protection.

Normally, when a product has a pump, it is drawn through a tube that extends to the bottom of the packaging. This does not have the tube, so the product is drawn from right next to the pump itself instead of the bottom of the package; this difference takes some getting used to, but it makes it easier to get the last bit of product out.

on 10/6/2016 5:44:00 AM

Very dewy,, not for oily to combo skin