Aquolina Pink Sugar Sparks

Aquolina Pink Sugar Sparks

on 10/19/2014 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Opening is raspberry & peach, then some hint of coffee, and drydown is vanilla &patchouli. This perfume is a poor girl's version of VR "Flowerbomb".

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with becky39, this is a sweeter version of Flowerbomb. This fragrance wasn't for me. On to the next fragrance. This fragrance is availible on Nordstrom's website and other online retailers. I returned this fragrance and I will not repurchase.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The Original Pink Sugar and the now discontinued Blue Sugar is among my favorites and all the other aquolina perfumes, I pretty much like, not as much as the original but I do like all of them, PInk sugar sensual, chocolovers etc.This one I have to say is very strong and actually obnoxious. I read the good reviews and it being compared to flower bomb etc. I was so curious but honestly it smells very strong and cheap.

on 12/30/2013 12:08:00 PM

I bought some sample sized bottles on ebay awhile back as PSS is near impossible to find in stores. My first spray impression was "whoa wayyyyyy too much patchouli!" and into the reject drawer it went and sat and sat...Until today when while reading reviews for Flowerbomb and seeing a few that said they smelled similar I dug it out again as I had just sprayed Flowerbomb on my right wrist. The PSS went on the left wrist and I waited, I am now an hour into this little experiment and find that Flowerbomb is much less sweeter than PSS, on me it is a drier smell, more powdery and musky. PSS is much sweeter (which I like) and no noticable powder, there is a bit of musk and more vanilla, also the patchouli seems to be behaving this time around and I am really enjoying PSS! My perfume tastes are all over the board. Pink Sugar (it is not sweet on me) is my all time favorite, but other favorites are Shalimar EDT, D&G The One, Flowerbomb, even Beyonce's Pulse, so basically if it strikes me, I add it to my ever growing collection. I wish PSS was easier to find, our Sephora doesn't carry any of the Pink Sugars anymore, Ulta does have a few of the incarnations but not PSS....luckily I have 4 sample sized sprayers to play with. If you like Flowerbomb but wish it were a bit sweeter, give PSS a try. :0)

This a a newer slightly less sweet version of Pink Sugar launched in 2012. I'm really surprised no one has reviewed it yet. It's top notes are vanilla, musk, and coffee with slight floral notes of orchid and jasmine. I love Pink Sugar but it's too sweet for someone of my age (over 40). This is perfect because it's slightly less sweet and the musk really comes through after the drydown. The lasting power for an EDT is really good, like the original and I find it layers well with a vanilla scented lotion. You can find this fairly cheap on eBay or Fragrancenet. com. I have yet to find it in stores but it is accessible enough online.

Popular Fragrances