Coastal Scents Revealed Palette

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette
Revealed PaletteRevealed PaletteRevealed PaletteRevealed PaletteRevealed Palette

4.4

This is pretty much my go-to palette for every day, casual looks. I've always admired the UD Naked 1 and Naked 2 palettes. I just couldn't bring myself to buy them because of the bulky packaging. I'm pretty sure it's widely known that this palette "combines" Naked 1 & 2 into one, and I can say that this palette does come very close to duping the shades in both Naked palettes.

I am also glad to say that I do not consider any shade in this palette to be a dud! All the shadows had a nice, soft (but somewhat powdery) texture. The pearl/metallic shades had fantastic pigmentation and the mattes had good pigmentation. I've been priming my lids with UDPP lately. These shadows have lasted me through a 12 hour shift with minimal fading. I really couldn't be more impressed with a budget palette!

Now, I will admit that UD's Naked palettes are of higher quality. UD's pigmentation is FULL on with one pass and the pearls/metallics almost have a "wet" looking sheen to them, which gives them that "spark" that I don't really find in budget brands. The shades in the Revealed palette do require a little bit of building up, yet they're not annoyingly patchy/sheer like a lot of lower end eyeshadows I've tried. For the small difference in quality, I am happy that I paid $15 for this palette on sale vs. the $100+ I would have to pay for both UD Naked 1 & 2.

One *minor* complaint I have about this palette: Out of the 20 shades, 5 of them are matte. I wish that CS would have added some darker matte shades for the crease/outer portion of the eye. The dupe for the Naked shade blends right into my skintone, and the dupe for Buck makes a subtle crease color. I think that even an addition of ONE more matte shade, like a dark chocolate brown, would still provide cohesiveness to the palette overall. For that reason, I do have to pull out some of my other matte browns to supplement this palette.

Out of all the Revealed palettes I hauled (this, 2, and Smokey), the color scheme of this one flatters me the most. For reference, I am about NC25-30 with golden undertones (also NARS Fiji in colder months, Punjab in warmer months). My seasonal color is Deep Soft Autumn (dark brown eyes, black-brown hair naturally, currently dyed auburn hair).

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

First off, mine was free with Birchbox points, so I couldn't be mad even if it was crap. But it isn't! Would I pay $20 for it? Eh. Probably not, honestly. I don't have N1 & N2, but I have N3 & N Smoky and...I don't remember how many other UD palettes. Is this as good as the other UD palettes I have? No. But it is still good.

First, the colour matches are close or exact when compared to the shades in N1 & N2. (I took a Sephora detour for a swatchfest.) So as far as colours go, this is a great option. I don't find they wear quite as well and some of the colours get muddy quickly, but for the most part, it's better than most dupe palettes I've seen. And it dupes 2 palettes in one! So for a person just starting out or as a free gift or even for a budget-minded stash enhancement, this is absolutely a good choice. But it's not identical to the UD shadows in texture and payoff. Then again, it costs about 60% less so one expects that gap is made up by less stellar ingredients and less glam packaging. There's no mirror and no brush included, but many people don't use those in the Naked palettes, either.

Basically, if you need an economic alternative? This is great. But buy it on sale. With it in hand, $20 is still more than I'd pay for it, but $10-$15 would be absolutely reasonable.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this last year as my first ever eyeshadow palette, because I heard it's a good dupe for the UD Naked 1 & 2s. Really affordable + surprisingly good quality. I think it's great if you are a beginner to makeup and don't really want to splurge on a high-end brand just yet. It's a variety of rose gold/plum and brown/coppery shadows that work for the day or night (but leaning more night).

There are 6 mattes and 12 shimmers. The shimmers are beautiful, pigmented and with some fine specks of glitter. Surprisingly, there are lot of dark shimmers (dark browns + plums), so I use them on my crease. There is a very highlight-ty silvery white shimmer which I heard is a dupe for Virgin, which is so amazing for the inner corners.

On the other hand, the six mattes aren't as pigmented, but still ok options. They seem a lot chalkier to me. The two matte highlight colors don't really show on my skin because I have a fair complexion, so I use them as bases or transitions.

Now for the major con. They are powdery + prone to fall out. This makes them harder to blend without the color fading, so I end up packing a lot of layers to get the intensity I want. But they do stay on throughout the day with a primer. The packaging is nice too, since it's slim and good for traveling (if I did travel).

Overall, I think it's a solid palette. Highly recommended for beginners and you're testing out makeup looks. You can even wait for a sale and snag it for $10-$15. However, if you don't like fall out or having to work a lot to get a good color intensity, this might not be the palette for you.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

This is a very affordable dupe for the Naked 1, 2. I've owned this for about a 1 1/2 years and I can say I'm glad I passed on UD palette because I paid less than $20, there are more shadows, the formulas are good quality, and I found there is some I like more than others which would have been a waste if I bought UD. I was so curious about how comparable this was to the NK 1 & 2 that I went into Ulta and swiped everyone of the shades, set it with the UD setting and then came home and swiped the Revealed. They looked the same, and a few of the textures in the Revealed palette was a little powdery but pigmented. The metallic shades are smooth, a few have the glitter fallout but personally I'm not very keen on using lots of sparkle and if you like that then you will fall in love with this palette. After owning this I realize that it is just a typical brown, neutral palette with cool to warm hues. I probably use about 6-7 colors, and play with the others from time to time. I get good all day staying power with a primer. I'm glad I saved my money because sometimes this palette gets a little boring for someone who loves blues and purples. A nice staple piece though.

on 12/20/2015 5:07:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette. The pigmentation of the colors are unbelievable. These shades blend beautifully and last a good amount of time. The shimmers are especially buttery and easy to apply with a synthetic brush. I would definitely recommend this to a friend and repurchase!

Really pretty palette. Most of the colors are a brown/tanish shade. For me the staying power is really lacking but I have very oily lids. I need to reapply after a couple hours. Also while there are many shades I find some of them look the same once on the eye. Maybe not enough variety for me. Only 4 out of the 20 shadows are matte so it's a lot of shimmer. I love playing around with it but none of the colors are my go to...

on 8/25/2015 9:52:00 PM

The original price that this goes for is $20. In comparison the Naked palettes, that's a $34 difference. Thus, the price is obviously affordable and the quality of the shadows are "smooth, buttery, and pigmented" just like everyone is saying. What the colors look like in the palette look a little more stale in comparison to when you swatch it on your hand. If you swatch it, you'll see that the color will look more vibrant and the shimmer will make it appear dimensional. Since we're talking about shimmers, I want to say that the intensity of glimmers between the Revealed and Naked palettes differ; the former has less, and the latter has more. I thought this would be a problem for me, but I think I actually prefer less shimmer from the Revealed palette. It looks more natural, whereas the other product's shimmer can be a little too much in my opinion. When I lined my eyes with the black from Revealed 1, it didn't stay very long as I didn't expect it to and it transferred onto my lids. It would be a good idea to use an eyeshadow primer, and eyeliner, and than the powder on top. I've heard that using a wet brush to apply the shadows gives the product a more intense pigment.

All in all, I'm pleasantly surprised by this gorgeous palette and DO check out their Revealed 2!! I'm glad that I stuck with CS because the quality exceeds the price, and I am a beginner so I'm less fussy about how much eyeshadow I'm using or if I should have bought something else!

on 8/18/2015 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I ordered the Revealed, Revealed 2 & Revealed 3 on a whim (palette-buying frenzy). This palette is normally $20, but I got it on sale for about half that. The majority of my eyeshadows are "higher end" brands - MAC, Julie Hewett, Lancome, Armani, Le Metier de Beaute. I have also (in the past) owned the Naked palette. These shadows (CS) are definitely on par with any of those brands. They have a very soft, buttery, pigmented texture. The difference in quality between these shadows & any of the brands I mentioned above is negligible at best. I would say the texture of these is most comparable to Urban Decay or, for a drugstore mention, Wet n Wild trios. The Coastal Scents Revealed shadows are much better quality than even the "higher end" drugstore palettes (Sonia Kashuks & the L'Oreal La Palette Nudes). And yes, there are most definitely dupes in this palette for the Naked 1 & 2 shades. I'm talking exact dupes. The packaging for me is fine; it's a very slim, sleek cardboard palette with a magnetic closure. I use this palette often, and I would definitely repurchase it. I would say if you are lusting after the Naked 1 or 2 and on a budget, or if you just want to save some money, definitely give this palette a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Why yes, yes I jolly well did!

I loved Revealed 2. I don't know why I bought that one first instead of the original but I'm guessing it was something along the lines of why I had to watch Terminator 2 before the original, and Aliens before Alien.

Makes sense, right?

So, I bought this from Ebay and including shipping paid about $12 for it. Can I make just one teeny weeny little tiny not-even-really-complainy complaint?

Too. Many. Colours.

There, I said it. Look, I'm a Virgo. I'm finicky. Give me a palette with 20 shades and after I've ooh-ed and aah-ed I'll sit looking at the darned thing until absolutely forced to make a decision. And THEN I'll change my mind five or a hundred times before I commit.

Ah but those shades themselves - well, what can I say? There are perhaps two - and they're both frosted - shades that don't do much for my skin tone but other than that the shades are different enough that I don't feel as if I'm using four "oh who am I trying to kid - they're all the same" identical shades on my eyes. The pigmentation is better than I'd hoped (though I should know better given that I already own R2) and the only "meh" shades are the two frosty little blighters mentioned previously.

Now for longevity. Breaking from tradition I used primer on both eyes - Ruby Kisses on one, NYX's on t'other. I did my look thingy. This was at what, around 2pm today. It's now past 10 and I've done the treadmill thing (albeit under protest), the weights thing and made a delicious curry which is still simmering away, and my eyes look just as they did 8 hours ago. Okay, my eyeliner smudged a bit but that's not the point.

There is just the slightest bit of creasing on one eyelid, but since I've committed to entering the Mrs. Greasy Lid 2016 contest, that's not exactly shocking news to me.

Other than that, I'm absolutely satisfied. A great buy and, while it's not LORAC, it's a very well put-together palette which manages to offer extremely good quality at a better-than-decent price point.

on 7/6/2015 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've had this palette for about a year now, and I'm still as happy with it as I was the day I bought it. I always use Wet n Wild's Fergie eyeshadow primer beneath my shadows, and with that these shadows last 12+ hours on me - no creasing or fading at all. I purchased it for 9.99$ during a sale, which is an amazing deal for these 20 shadows; honestly I would have been satisfied paying full price.
This palette is a dupe for Naked 1&2. I can't compare them because I couldn't justify spending the money on Urban Decay when this palette gets the job done so well. Maybe the quality isn't as good, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything. The shadows are creamy and pigmented, blend beautifully, and have minimal fallout.
The packaging is cardboard, but sturdy and solid. I'm clumsy and I've dropped this a few times- nothing has broken, so that's a thumbs up from me. I wish it had a mirror, but that's not a big deal.
Overall, this palette is a winner. Is it perfect? Its close. I would love if it had another matte shade or two. However, I can use this palette on its own for many different looks - from subtle to dramatic. Some of the colors swatch very similar, but I think with any neutral palette there will be similar shades with subtle differences. The quality is great, the shadows are beautiful, and its worth more than its price, especially when on sale. Buy this - you won't be disappointed!