bareMinerals Bare Minerals Mix Master Ready Eyeshadow Palette for Holiday 2013

bareMinerals Bare Minerals Mix Master Ready Eyeshadow Palette for Holiday 2013

1 review

on 12/1/2013 12:21:00 PM

I was so excited to see a palette of this size from the Bare Minerals Ready Eyeshadow line. I kept waiting for my local Ulta to get inventory so that I could see the color selection in person. I also hate buying eyeshadow on-line since I have had bad luck in the past with product getting damaged in shipping (Too Faced is the worst due to poor packaging to prevent damage during shipping). My local store finally got them in stock and I purchased this past week. The colors are beautiful and the size of each pan is impressive. The quality of the eyeshadow itself is right on; nicely pigmented, smooth texture and blends well.

What I didn't like was the palette itself. The pans snap out very easily by pushing them from the back of the palette, there is also a small 3-pan palette that slides out of the bigger 12-pan palette so you can rearrange and take 3 colors for travel or carry in your bag for touch-up. In theory this sounds fantastic but execution of the idea left a lot to be desired. The pans pop out way too easily and it makes holding the palette very difficult, these pans even snap out when setting the palette down. I can see where these may be easily damaged. Even while holding the entire palette you can feel the individual pans shake and rattle.

I find myself in a quagmire since I really like the make-up but don't like the container/palette itself. I was hoping that these would be better contained and similar in nature to palette that Ultima developed 25 years ago that had individual pans that snapped into place and they had a large storage palette and then smaller 2, 4, 6 and 8 pan palettes that were heavy duty quality and protected the product well for travel or tossing in your purse. I loved that you could purchase replacement pans and buy more individually to own the entire collection that was around 72+ different colors, and had large storage palettes that held about 24 pans, if my memory serves me correctly. I am thinking that Inglot is the most similar to what I used to love from Ultima and I only wish there was an Inglot distributor/seller here in Texas.

Anyway, this is a beautiful palette but cheesily executed. I would love to see it revamped. Not sure if I plan to keep the product since it is hard to use without popping those pans out.