Dr. Lin Skincare Daily Hydrating Gel

Dr. Lin Skincare Daily Hydrating Gel

4.1

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Arcostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bear Berry) Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Anthemis (Chamomile) Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Allantoin, Arbutin, Panthenol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily skin, but it often gets dehydrated from using salicylic acid and other products. I'm also extremely acne prone, so the ingredient list appealed to me.

This is very sticky, very tacky feeling. I can put up with tacky moisturizers if they actually moisturize, which this did not. I moved over to Olay.

on 12/17/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Good moisturizer for acne-prone and/or sensitive skin (mine is both). It goes on a bit tacky, but skin becomes matte once I apply sunscreen. It's not super moisturizing, so I wouldn't recommend this for very dry skin. My biggest gripe is the packaging since it comes in a wide-mouthed tub

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have combination skin and just about everything causes my skin to breakout. The Dr. Lin Daily hydrating gel is no exception. It caused breakouts on my cheeks. It is a very light clear gel formula. It did not seem to really add any moisture to my skin nor did it calm down inflamed skin. Comes in a wide mouthed jar, but to keep it more hygenic, I used a teaspoon to scoop out the product instead of using my fingers. It is not an expensive item. so worth trying if you have oily skin type. Contains aloe vera, herbal extracts, and glycerin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Pros
Absorbs easily with a nice finish
No noticeable scent

Cons
Was not moisturizing enough for my dehydrated combo skin
Not a fan of the tub packaging

The product is a clear, odorless gel. The consistency reminded me of aloe gel. I didn't like the tub in came in and ended up transferring the product into a squeeze tube and found it easier to use that way. I also mixed it with a drop each of rosehip and jojoba oil. It absorbed quickly into my skin and had a nice finish. It played nice under my EltaMD clear moisturizer which tends to ball up easily. Unfortunately it was just not moisturizing enough for my combo dehydrated skin. My face would get dry during the day. The consistency makes it great for layering with other products and moisturizers but I'm trying to simplify my routine.

on 7/4/2016 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive skin that is rather dry. Most moisturizers tend to make me break out or give me rashes. This gel doesn't seem to cause trouble when applied in moderation. It did make my face itch when I put on too much. Now I just dip the first knuckle of my pinky into the jar and use that amount. The gel by itself isn't moisturizing enough for my skin. I use a toner before this gel, then a thicker gel, follow by cream. The price is great. I got my first jar at Ulta during BOGO sale (the cleansing pads are horrible btw) and I just bought two more jars from Bed Bath & Beyond. The ones from BB&B are in clear jars and look much smaller than the one from Ulta, though the net weight is still 4 oz. I checked the name and the ingredients to make sure they are indeed the same thing with different packaging.

on 7/29/2016 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I was looking for a daytime gel moisturizer for my oily skin. This is working out pretty good for me. To enhance it, I've added a few squirts of cucumber oil and rose water ...now it's perfect. It absorbs easily and quickly, even on top of my serum. Neither has it broken me out, which is a deal breaker. I can apply my primer and makeup with no issues. I'm already on my second jar. I just wished it was in a pump instead of the tub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily but dry&flaky acne-prone skin, and this did not work for me. I like the light texture and subtle fresh scent of this gel, but it just does not provide enough moisture for me and if the weather is dry, my face ends up getting super flaky. I also did not find that it soothed or helped any irritated areas. I hate and avoid tub packaging, but decided to try this anyway due to the low price and positive reviews. As someone acne-prone, I feel the need to keep all my skincare products as hygienic as possible which is impossible with a tub, so I had to decant it into an empty bottle. If you have oily acne-prone skin that is not dry and want a very light basic moisturizer, this could work for you.

on 11/24/2015 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

AMAZING stuff!! I bought my tub at Ulta for around eight dollars. For the longest time, I was using Cerave PM as my daily and nightly moisturizer and my skin was consistently clogged. I never considered that Cerave could be the culprit (maybe the fatty alcohols?) because I had used that moisturizer for so many years and had bouts of very clear skin, but the second I switched to this moisturizer, my skin transformed. No clogged pores, no breakouts, nothing. It's not as moisturizing as the Cerave, but for some reason my skin just looks so much healthier. I have normal-combination skin and I only deal the occasional oil breakthrough around my nose at the end of the day. This stuff is great underneath makeup as it dries to a matte finish. I also use it before bed (it's the only moisturizer that has made my skin this clear, so I'm too nervous to experiment with more emollient, nighttime creams), but I make sure to add a couple of drops of either Vitamin E oil or Jojoba oil for a boost of moisture. I really think this could be a HG product for anyone acne-prone and oily-ish, it's DEFINITELY worth a try!

on 11/29/2015 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've only used this for a few days but omg...holy grail moisturizer. And I have MUA to thank! I got the neutrogena hydro boost water gel for extra dry skin hoping it wouldn't make my skin burn like the regular version did. Unfortunately I had the same results- an intense burning sensation only by my nose and nowhere else on my face. I was frustrated so I turned to good old MUA to see if anyone else had a bad reaction to the neutrogena. Someone recommended this moisturizer because it was cheaper and had similar ingredients. So of course I went to Ulta and got this the next day. I am soooo happy that reviewer mentioned this! It is everything I have been looking for- soothing, with great ingredients like aloe, cucumber, and hyaluronic acid, gel texture that dries matte, doesn't break me out, and is very affordable. I'm so happy with this, it's perfect for my skin. I will absolutely be repurchasing!

on 1/15/2016 10:32:00 PM

So glad I bought this. Instructions are a little vague, not sure if its meant to be a treatment or a mask? I personally use it as a night treatment on top of my serums/toners...
Texture is a thin, watery gel. Very comfortable on the skin. Dries down pretty quickly and is not particularly sticky. Leaves a thin film on the skin especially if a thicker layer is applied. After sleeping with this on skin feels moisturized and comfortable. Not 100% sure this doesn't make me break out a little bit, but the acne I have experienced that could be tied to this is very minor. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a basic gel hydrator for night, would not recommend this for day use as it leaves a film and would not wear well under sunscreen or makeup. Cheap for the size as well! Only real negative is that it is in a jar, not the most clean, but scoop it out with a clean instrument and there goes that issue!