Shu Uemura tsuya skin youth infusing eye concentrate

No Image

2.5

on 6/12/2017 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is also known as Tsuya Youthful Radiance Eye Concentrate in the US. It's a pearlescent cream that's mild and gentle, andt absorbs easily into the skin. It's marketed to combat "'small eye impression' which are caused by loss of elasticity in the eyelid area, drooping eyelashes and dark circles." So let's see. Elasticity, well I only used the entire tube worth of cream and have not seen any difference in skin elasticity around my eyelids. In terms of lifted eyelashes, to be honest I've been using eyelash serums so I don't think this contributed much either. Dark circles, hmm, the pearlescent cream probably made the darkness less obvious but it's all temporary. Doesn't do anything for eye bags which I can't fault for since it doesn't claim to do so in the first place, but I'd rather reach for a product that would address eye bags as well.

In terms of what works: gives light hydration which is OK for the daytime, but as I'm in my upper 30s I prefer something heavier especially at night. Doesn't cause problems with makeup, i.e. no piling, nor does it irritate the eyes. The pearlescent tube packaging is hygienic, handy for travelling and dispenses the right amount of product. All in all, just an OK eye cream, but for its price, I'd expect more, and definitely not a powerhouse I'd reach out for again.

I got a sample of this product from the shu uemura counter to combat the dehydration that is causing fine lines etched into the skin under my eyes.

The product comes in white packaging and is sealed so it is difficult to contaminate the product.

When I applied the concentrate to the dehydrated area under my eyes I did notice that some of the fine lines were instantly hydrated and disappeared however this did not happen with all of them.

The reason I won't repurchase this product is because I feel I need a more hydrating product for the area under my eyes. I will continue using this product only until it is empty by which time I will hopefully have found a product that is more effective.