Dermablend INTENSE PowderCamo

3.8

Talc, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Perlite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lauroyl Lysine, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Although I was happy to find this powder in a nice true "olive" tone I did not like the way it looked on my face. I found it to be "chalky" when applying though it felt very silky on my fingers (?) I also was surprised by it's lack of coverage. It did not blend in well at all. No odor. I did not wear it long enough to see about how long it wears or if the color oxidizes. Other than the shade, I did not like it :(

this is worth the money I am soooooooooooo glad I found out about this,colourpop, and my holgrail foundation cliniques 2 n 1 beyond perfection actually all three are my holy grail products dermablend is heavier more mattifying and yet less drying than mac sf powder update:use this in nude with naked skin concealer beautiful coverage kinda like mac studio fix before estee lauder bought them out and ruined the stuff 20 years ago THE POWDER ALONE WITH MY FAVORITE CONCEALER URBAN DECAY

To Read all 14 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am doing a side-by-side trial of Maybelline Fit Me (setting powder/not the oily one) and Dermablend Intense Camo Powder. I am combo/oily t-zone.

COST: Dermablend side: $68. Fit Me side: $20.

COLOR: I am roughly NC25 in MAC Studio Fix Fluid, and definitely C35 MAC Studio Fix Powder. Neither Maybelline nor Dermablend has a perfect color. So for Fit Me = 120 + 240. For Dermablend = Olive + Beige.

GOAL: My goal is to find a "full coverage" powder foundation, that matches my skin tone, and does not contain irritants (EWG scores both as a 1 or 2, which is fine in my book). MAC studio fix powder does give full coverage, but it makes my face HURT because of the Hexylene Glycol!

RESULTS: Well, let me tell you. So far, Maybelline wins! I have SPF (Kiss my face spf 40) under this this morning, and Dermablend side made my pores look slightly larger. Fit Me side is slightly more orange (grr, SPF!). But so far, they are SO SIMILAR its surprising.

I will report when I have more data. So far, Maybelline, I am SO IMPRESSED. You just said its a setting poweder, but hey, this is medium-ish coverage. And Dermablend, I am so disappointed -- you promised full coverage, and nope! While the formulas are different, the coverage is no match to MAC studio fix powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Im happy with the med-full coverage, glowy satin finish, and ease of use of this. The mineral oil and Laoryl Lysine in this bother me. But right now this is the only product in my possession that doesnt break me out regularly. So I love it. I love it because it allows me to wear something to even out my skin tone while Im trying to heal my acne. The coverage can be worn from light to pretty near full coverage (but not full full) depending on how you apply it. Its more opaque if you use a sponge. Has some oil control thankfully, but doenst keep me matte the whole day. I suggest you always wear moisturizer under this, and if any place looks too dry for you, just pat it with a damp sponge/paper towel.

I live in a hot humid climate, and I look good all day with this. Not perfect, but it wears very well. Touching up with it fixes any oilyness. So if you can't find something to cover your scars, acne and hyperpigmentation in the drugstore and elsewhere that doesnt make things worse, ABSOLUTELY give this a try. I think after you experiment with it for a bit, you will come to appreciate it a lot.

My friend told me about this product and she said it was the best powder she ever used. I went out and paid $32 for it. Come to find out, it doesn't work out for me. It doesn't stay in place and it enhances my dry skin. I don't think people will dry skin should use this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is approaching HG status. I was a die hard ELDW powder foundation user until the shade range change. I'm NW20 and Fresco was suddenly too dark and oxidizing on me about an hour after application. I have combo oily t-zone, dry cheeks, melisma patches on my forehead and cheeks and slight rosacea. I like coverage and matte.

The Camo powder was impossible to pick online, as the shades DO NOT match the liquid ones. I'm Sand Beige in the liquid/concealer and Almond in the powder. Almond is a little pink, but it's the most neutral of the shades, as they run a bit yellow. Camo can be full coverage or medium depending on the application tool. I do use concealer underneath, Mac PLW to give more coverage on my dark spots, but I could really do without it if I wasn't self conscience. The sponge gives a more powdered, matte look and was how I started out. I have also tried the TF$ cream foundation brush to buff it in and the Chikuhodo Z2 for a light application to run to the store. I loved them all. This covers like mad, but it is not a full flat matte. It actually looks like skin and for a powder, it's odd but nice.

I notice my forehead and cheeks have a slight glow after application and before highlighter, like light hitting the skin. Not like my ELDW which had to have something added to not look like a flat wall paint. It lasts me through an 8hr shift at the hospital, but I haven't been brave enough to test it on a 16hr shift yet. I still reserve my ELDW liquid for that. I absolutely love it. It's light feeling, transfer resistant and doesn't crack in my smile lines. I use Murad oil control mattyfier under to control oilies and I sometimes set it with Nars LRP loose for a more diffused/blurred look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This powder foundation is one of the better ones on the market. And I've tried just about every big name powder foundation all the way to drugstore and everything in between. The shade range isn't the best and all of the lighter shades are geared toward yellow undertones. I originally ordered the second lightest shade, beige, and this was way too yellow for my skin. Their lightest shade ivory works much better, it's still yellow based but not quite as much as beige. For reference I have nc15-nc20 skin. If you're very very fair skinned or with strong pink undertones then their lightest shade ivory will not work for you. I wish this contained SPF, since I find it strange that their concealer contains SPF but their powder foundation does not. This didn't make me more or less oily then any other powder foundation I've used. Regardless of what I use I need to blot after 3 hours. Even with my oily skin this doesn't wear off and I didn't the need to constantly reapply after blotting. I use this with their smooth indulgence concealer in sand and it works perfectly. It's the most natural looking of all of the powder foundations I've used and I will definitely repurchase.

Finally writing my first review. I'm obsessed with this site, I might as well contribute. This foundation powder is awesome! Covers very well and stays on wonderfully. Quite high coverage and finishes nicely...not too matte which can happen with powder foundation. Will definitely continue to buy! Thank you, Dermablend!!!

Like this quite a bit! I apply with foundation brush and it covers beautifully giving a polished yet not heavy coverage. The color choices are not fabulous; they tend towards yellow. Other than that I have already repurchased.

I looked at this product for specific areas only. I have rosesea on my cheeks and on my forehead between my eyes. Prior to this, I had used another product, but it was liquid and inconvenient for touchups. It also had to be set with powder. This product is easy to keep in a makeup bag. I use a brush to apply---it does not come with one. I used medium, and the color was perfect for concealing these red places. The coverage is not smothering; I am used to no foundation. It's a breeze to reapply, and the cost is less than the other two products I had used. I find it is not blotchy over moisturizer. This product provides me complete coverage in exactly the places I choose. I do not apply this as a total face coverage, rather use it as a concealer on specific spots. I would purchase this product again.