OPI Baby Please Come Home

OPI Baby Please Come Home

1 review

on 11/27/2013 4:12:00 AM

This polish changed my mind about the whole textured polish trend. When Liquid Sands and all other textured polishes came out, I was not interested in the least. I don't even like wearing glitter polish because I feel like it can feel too gritty, so I was sure I wouldn't like how the Liquid Sands felt on the nails. I also just felt like some of the Liquid Sands looked...gross. Honestly, I feel like some of the shades just made the nails look kind of crusty and weird.
But when I saw swatches of the Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 line, I immediately fell in love with this shade. Baby Please Come Home is the most gorgeous, sparkly silvery purple polish. It has a matte finish like all Liquid Sands, but it is full of large pieces of glitter that make this polish sparkle. I really can't even describe how pretty this is. When I wear it, I just stare at my nails all the time, lol. I think it's an especially nice shade for this time of year, but I'll probably get a lot of use out of it all year long.
I'm so happy that most of my fears about Liquid Sands turned out to be untrue. First of all, I actually kind of like the gritty feeling of this polish on the nails. It really does feel like sand, and I find myself just rubbing my nails every now and then because it just feels cool! I was worried this would feel super gritty and would catch on clothes, hair, etc. but it is nowhere near that gritty feeling at all. I also didn't have a huge problem with removal. A cotton pad soaked in remover did just about nothing, so I soaked my nails in acetone for a few minutes and it all came right off. I know some people aren't fans of soaking in acetone, but it worked out well for me.
One thing I'm a tiny bit disappointed in is the wear time. I had heard that Liquid Sands lasted forever on the nails, but I was chipping in just 2 days. But I am able to forgive that, because since this is a textured polish, you can just paint right over the chip and it will blend in perfectly with the rest of the polish, unlike with say a cream polish where you can obviously see you painted over a chip.
I'm a huge fan of this polish, and I have since picked up several more Liquid Sands. Even if you're afraid of textured polish like I was, please give this one a chance! I think it will change your mind. :)

Popular Polishes