Cover Girl Bombshell Volume

Cover Girl Bombshell Volume

2.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I never thought a makeup product could make me homicidal until now ..... seriously this thing has 2 awkward brushes, gives a mediocre at best effect and then is IMPOSSIBLE to remove! I'm talking special eyemakeup face wipes, cleanser, normal face wipes, coconut oil rubbed in and nope it's still there ..... worst mascara I have ever bought.

on 10/12/2016 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

One of the worst mascaras to remove from my lashes- felt like removing tar! I will give it kudos for aesthetics- looks great on the eyes full lush black lashes, but it's torture to remove this hardened crust- lashes were definitely lost in the battle *sigh* ... after several trials it ended up in the trash...

on 7/18/2016 12:38:00 PM

Terribly disappointed in this mascara. I purchased it yesterday for the first time and used it this morning before going to work. If I hadn't already applied my base, I would have removed the mascara. I purchased the waterproof version of this mascara as I always use waterproof. I have long lashes but they are straight and rather blonde so I always curl my lashes and use waterproof mascara to hold the curl and darken + do all the other things mascara is supposed to do. Non-waterproof mascaras NEVER hold the curl of my lashes and wilt as soon as I apply. This is exactly what happened with this mascara. I had to wait until my lashes dried and recurled them. Then I kept having the mascara smudge under my eyes which is something waterproof shouldn't do. Aside from the false description, it is still a really mediocre at best mascara. It applied clumpy, didn't not add volume, and looked messy. I'll likely go back to the super sizer mascara by covergirl or something else altogether.

hate this mascara. doesn't do much besides make my eyelashes feel super stale and dry

I got the waterproof version of this mascara, but it isn't the best. It definitely is not waterproof, and I get fallout under my eyes practically every thirty minutes, which doesn't help my huge hereditary dark circles. I need voluminous mascaras in any sort of make up look, and this just wasn't it. It gets all over my face during application, and while the mascara can't manage to be waterproof, you do need a pretty heavy duty cleanser to take it off.

I sympathize with everyone who's had experiences with this mascara clinging to your lashes until its dying breath. This is Side 2 of this mascara, and taking it off is the most painful thing that my eyes have experienced in a very long time.
HOWEVER,
Side 1 of this mascara worked like a dream for me. Its brush was very similar to Lashblast Volume and Fusion; the rubber bristles with the thick rod did a great job of evenly applying the product. I got fantastic length and volume that didn't flake. It was easy to smudge if it got in contact with water, but I expected that for the non-waterproof version. The formula was a bit more glossy than the regular Lashblast, so that's really the only distinction I can see among this and Volume and Fusion. It did wonders for my lashes, so I expected similar results from Side 2.
Oh boy, was I wrong.
Side 2, in short, consisted of a very glossy black formula meant to be applied with a wire bristle brush. It's a bit of a stray for Covergirl and its rubber, short-bristled brushes. It clumped my lashes to no end, and I looked like the classic Google example of spider lashes. It was awful. Just when I wanted to take it off-- I couldn't. I lost 20 minutes and a LOT of eyelashes. My eyes were red and sore and I looked like I was crying for an hour (I might as well have been, because I was sure I'd lose all my lashes that night).
That night, I said "never again" and threw out the mascara (I've already finished side 1). I mean, staying power is great, but this is just ridiculous.
This is really a sad flop for a double-sided mascara; one side is great, but the other side is flat-out torture. This is definitely not worth $10. The tube is the bulkiest one I've ever seen and it's just plain obnoxious to hold and store.
If you want Covergirl, just buy Lashblast. Their tubes are bulky too, but they will sure save you a lot of trouble.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

HATE THIS MASCARA. It did nothing for my lashes but somehow would get all over my face. It would run under my eyes and smudge on my lids. I finally just threw it away. I usually give products I dont like to my sister, but I would NEVER subject her to this

on 3/21/2016 1:25:00 AM

WORST EVER MAKEUP PRODUCT !!!!! Its just like Tar on your lashes !!! Its been days and i cannot remove this shit off my eyes!!! ... i really dont understand how anyone could say even a word positive about this crap! ..

I bought this product on a whim, as o don't usually use anything covergirl. They made this product almost too big to use and I don't see why it's a two part system. Basically does nothing special.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this mascara in Brown at Ulta for like $1.50 on clearance. I love trying mascara so I always have a million different kinds around. I read the reviews before using it & almost threw it away before even trying it, but I'm glad I didn't. This mascara is pretty average but my experience wasn't nearly as awful as the reviews made it sound like it would be. It does a good job of lengthening, separating, & volumizing, and I can see the benefit of using both ends as recommended for the best result. One thing I really like about this mascara is that it seems to hold the curl really well, and my lashes don't droop as the day goes on.

Finally, taking it off. I have had NO issues removing it. I use the gentle, oil-free Almay eye makeup remover pads and they remove this mascara just fine. I don't have to scrub or work at it for any longer than I do with any other mascara. I made sure NOT to get the waterproof (I hate waterproof mascara) & I'm wondering if some of the versions that others got were just improperly packaged.

The only thing I really dislike about this is the packaging. It's just unnecessarily large and difficult to handle.