Urban Decay NAKED3

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Urban Decay NAKED3

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Let me begin by saying that I have Naked1 and Naked2 and love them. And that I like pink eyeshadow!

This was a complete miss for me. Having medium skin, I knew that they were going to take some building up to show, and that's fine. Trick and Dust are complete duds in my opinion. They do look beautiful in the pan, though. The matte shades in this are great and the packaging in wonderful, this the three stars. Even the darkest half would barely show on my and I am really not that tan. I don't feel as though the quality was up to par with the other Naked palettes, pigment and texture wise. I ended up getting rid of this and getting the Lorac Unzipped. So very glad I gave that I gave Lorac a shot for my pink fix. I honk it is a much better alternative to the Naked3.

on 6/4/2016 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was so excited to use this palette but I was so disappointed by the lack of pigmentation. I tried swatching it, rubbing off the top layer (with my finger, see edit below), using different brushes, using my fingers, using it wet or dry.. I even used a bright concealer as a base for this--nope. No pigmentation for most of the shades. I'm so upset because everyone else seems to own a good one but it feels like I've bought a really horrible drugstore palette or got a bad batch. A cheap pink blush used as eyeshadow worked better for me! Since purchasing this palette I've been slightly put off by Urban Decay which sucks because I've been using their single eyeshadows. I can only make use of the shades Strange for highlighting under my browbone and Blackheart for those really intense looks. I won't repurchase this or any of the Naked palettes and I'll be looking for eyeshadows elsewhere.

EDIT: Okay, using a small razor to scratch the top layers (read: LAYERS. Plural.) of each shadow I was able to get more pigmentation. I don't know why it's like that and I really don't like how I had to do that. I have given this palette a second chance (well, more like 5 more chances) and ultimately I am giving this palette away to a friend.

on 5/4/2016 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is hands down the worst "high end" eyeshadow palette I've ever used. I bought this the day it launched on the Sephora website years ago thanks to a $15 off coupon. The colors just looked so beautiful and pink is my favorite color and I love rose gold. HOWEVER... The pigmentation for this palette lacks so much for the (now) price point of $54. The pinks are pretty in the pan, but look virtually the same, but there is a noticeable difference between Burnout and Nooner though. The glitter shades Have a ton of fallout, but then again, which shade in this palette *didn't* have a ton of fallout? Chalky mess all around. As for the browner shades on the other side of the palette? They all look the same except for Blackheart!!

In fact, Blackheart is the only thing that makes this horrible palette usable! Let's face it, with this palette, your only choices are smokey eye or a you can hardly tell I'm wearing eyeshadow look. I have to mix Blackheart with almost every color I want to use for my crease/outer V in order for it to look like I'm wearing anything. That is really bad. Years later and I still regret buying this. Definetly not brown girl friendly. There's just so much to complain about this palette that I'm better off just making a YouTube video about it!

on 4/7/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This really isn't meant for brown eyes, at least not for me. It made me look tired and sick whenever I used this, also, since I wear contacts my eyes get a little dry at times and this really accentuated any redness I may have in my eyes. Pink just isn't my color I guess. The formula is UD quality for sure, the pigments are good, but overall they were a little repetitive and there was way too much pink it. I tried to love this and I really wanted to, but I had to be honest with myself and I hated the colors. I feel like this is meant for people with green/blue eyes and cool undertones. I ended up exchanging this for the original Naked palette and I'm much happier with that one.

on 12/25/2015 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me a long time to really make my mind up on this palette. I’ve had it for about a year so I think I’ve finally formed a full opinion. TL;DR: mediocre, although there are a few pretty great shades in here.

I have pretty high expectations for palettes, especially if I’m going to spend over $50 on it. Plus I’m just an eyeshadow snob. I don’t think buying this particular palette is worth it because overall, the eyeshadow texture is dryer and hard to blend especially compared with previous naked palettes. I thought I *had* to have this palette because I’m obsessed with rose gold and the pinks just looked amazing. Unfortunately, there simply isn’t enough diversity in this palette. I can’t really create a number of looks with it, not much beyond two basic ones before they all start to look very similar. My biggest gripe was probably the lack of diversity in shade. I find the shades are just duller in real life. Some of these photos make them look more vibrant.

So on to the shades. The all-star shades in here for me are nooner, blackheart, and strange.
- Nooner is an amazing transition shade that creates a lot of depth when applied to the crease for most looks, and of course the signature rosey gold look. I find myself using this whenever I’m doing a smokey eye, just add this above your dark crease colors along with a softer brown and voila. How I wish UD had this in their full eyeshadows!
- Strange is a perfect matte, subtle highlight for everyday.
- Blackheart is the perfect dark crease color, I almost always end up using this in the outer v as well.
- Limit doesn’t show up on my NW35 skin. A waste.
- Dust has tons and tons of fall out, but I looove using this wet for inner corners or the innermost color. It seriously pops. A cleanup is absolutely required though because it will fall over your face.
- Burnout & Buzz are both pretty good.
- The other shades were almost all useless to me because I found the similar shades in the previous palettes are just more blendable, smooth, and pigmented. And also the fact that there are very similar shades in n1&2..

THE EYEBRUSH: Holy moly. I love this brush. Seriously. The “smaller” end with less bristles is fucking amazing for applying color into the innermost part of eye. I always use this when I wanna apply a dramatic color wet! And the other end is great for packing color into the crease. It offers great precision and applies the color very densely. I wish I could just buy this brush.

on 4/14/2015 6:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I feel like this palette would suit so many eye colours / skin tones, but I'm no makeup artist so don't take my word for that. Since I bought the palette, I haven't been able to complete a makeup look without it! The shimmery eyeshadows do have slight fallout and the matte shades require a bit of layering for the true colour to show, but other than that the eyeshadows themselves are buttery and lovely to work with!

I love that they introduced metal packaging and a lid that click shut for this palette. It's amazing for travel because you don't have to worry about the lid flipping open (if you've closed it correctly) or the eyeshadows smashing.

The palette is quite pricey, especially in Australia ($78? Really?) so I would expect the amount of shadows given, but the quality of shadows could be improved!

In summary, if you're willing to fork out $54 USD / $78 AUD, it's a lovely palette to own, the colours are all gorgeous and the quality is still great, but there are high end and drug store palettes with better quality eyeshadows. That said, I've never seen a palette with the same colour selection (although I do live in Australia and not even half of US makeup makes it here so I wouldn't know aha) so keep those things in mind!

on 4/3/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love this palette, but I'd be even more crazy about it if there were more matte shades as I'm not really one to use shimmery colours. Although the colours are really pigmented and nice, the rose colours don't really show up on my tan skin. I do love the brush that comes with this palette though, and paired with my Naked Basics palette I'm able to create some really nice everyday looks :) I also like how it comes with some sample primers!

on 10/19/2014 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I got this for my birthday and I used it for homecoming and I absolutely love it!

on 4/17/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This palette is full of beautiful rose shades. But it does not work well on my Asian tan skin, unless I put the eye primer first. Suitable for daily activities, such as college and office, but quite less glamour if it used to attend some parties.

I will buy naked 2 palette since its shades are more suitable for my tan skin and slanted eyes.

on 2/21/2014 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I absolutely love this palette. The colors are very romantic, and perfect for a date night. I would definitely recommend this palette to lovers of rose gold shimmery colors. The eyeshadows are also very pigmented.