Urban Decay NAKED3

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Urban Decay NAKED3

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My first highend eyeshadow palette
I remember how I freaking out when I purchase this, because it’s so expensive for me, so this palette have a special place in my heart

Back in the day, the hype of the naked series is so high
As a confused newbie in Makeup world, I end up buy this and choose the newest one.

Colour selection is good imo, most of them are neutral and wearable for daily use.

As for now, because I already own other palettes, I think this palette is not that good, it’s so so.

I don’t know about the other naked series, but I don’t think I will buy any naked series anymore since there are lots of eyeshadow palette out there.

So many people complain about the color "Dust" being a chalky mess. I've found out that using a THIN and even layer gives a really beautiful and sparkly champagne color.
Overall, I believe this palette is worth the money because the colors+packaging are very beautiful and exotic.
Also high-end brands most of the time have more attractive/sturdy packaging, safer/better ingredients, you get the picture.

on 9/29/2016 2:04:00 AM

Not sure why is the raves when the quality of the palette sucks. I am NC20 and the colours are not even pigmented on my skin.

I love my Naked 1 but I bought it years back. Unsure if they reformulated the shadows. The quality has deteriorated quite a bit.

A waste of money.

on 8/23/2016 5:40:00 AM

So, I bought this back in July because I saw them online A LOT so I decided to buy it. The second I got home, I immediately opened it and it was absolutely beautiful. The pigmentation is simply awesome. The packaging is gorgeous and heavy which feels expensive. I didn't notice they included samples for the eyeshadow primer potion, and when applied with the eyeshadows… OH MY GOD I LOVE THEM! They work so well together, the colors were brighter, and they don't feel heavy at all on my eyes. Although this was quite expensive, but it's totally worth it. Totally buying this again!

Edit: i forgot to mention that this kinda has a lot of glitter fallout

on 1/16/2016 6:03:00 AM

I got this palette recently and i have to say its really
Pretty, the packging, the shades.
you can do alot of beautiful soft looks with it . The shadow Nooner is my perfect blending shade for the crease, Liar is amazing all over the lid and all the draker shades are so amazing and so pigmented!
Only shadow i was a bit disappointed about was Trick, its more on the sheer side.
Expect some fall out when you use some of the shimmery shades.
Overall i love this palette because the shades are really useful for the everyday which is the main reason why i bought it.

on 12/25/2015 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

It took me a long time to really make my mind up on this palette. I’ve had it for about a year so I think I’ve finally formed a full opinion. TL;DR: mediocre, although there are a few pretty great shades in here.

I have pretty high expectations for palettes, especially if I’m going to spend over $50 on it. Plus I’m just an eyeshadow snob. I don’t think buying this particular palette is worth it because overall, the eyeshadow texture is dryer and hard to blend especially compared with previous naked palettes. I thought I *had* to have this palette because I’m obsessed with rose gold and the pinks just looked amazing. Unfortunately, there simply isn’t enough diversity in this palette. I can’t really create a number of looks with it, not much beyond two basic ones before they all start to look very similar. My biggest gripe was probably the lack of diversity in shade. I find the shades are just duller in real life. Some of these photos make them look more vibrant.

So on to the shades. The all-star shades in here for me are nooner, blackheart, and strange.
- Nooner is an amazing transition shade that creates a lot of depth when applied to the crease for most looks, and of course the signature rosey gold look. I find myself using this whenever I’m doing a smokey eye, just add this above your dark crease colors along with a softer brown and voila. How I wish UD had this in their full eyeshadows!
- Strange is a perfect matte, subtle highlight for everyday.
- Blackheart is the perfect dark crease color, I almost always end up using this in the outer v as well.
- Limit doesn’t show up on my NW35 skin. A waste.
- Dust has tons and tons of fall out, but I looove using this wet for inner corners or the innermost color. It seriously pops. A cleanup is absolutely required though because it will fall over your face.
- Burnout & Buzz are both pretty good.
- The other shades were almost all useless to me because I found the similar shades in the previous palettes are just more blendable, smooth, and pigmented. And also the fact that there are very similar shades in n1&2..

THE EYEBRUSH: Holy moly. I love this brush. Seriously. The “smaller” end with less bristles is fucking amazing for applying color into the innermost part of eye. I always use this when I wanna apply a dramatic color wet! And the other end is great for packing color into the crease. It offers great precision and applies the color very densely. I wish I could just buy this brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually really loved the colours of Naked 2, but got Naked 3 as a gift from my boyfriend (since it was the latest, he got it). At first, I was a tad disappointed, since I don't particularly like pink on my eyes as they make me look puffy.

After trying it out for a wedding dinner, I'm pleasantly surprised that the colours blended really well, and looked quite good on my skin. I even managed to achieve a smokey eye look (for the first time) since this was super blendable. I used this without any eyeshadow primer since the one I have currently and have reviewed (Urban Decay Eye shadow Primer), is not exactly to my liking. Even without primer, this didn't crease at all despite my oily lids, held up really well, and hardly any fallout. The brush was also really soft and easy to use.

Would probably not buy this for myself, since the hefty price tag.

on 7/20/2015 11:28:00 PM

once again I have fallen in love with the Naked pallets, this isn't as 'everyday' for me as Naked2 but I still love it. it has taken me some getting used to due to the rose gold tones in it but never the less I love it. As always with Urban Decay eye shadow it is super easy to blend and is very pigmented. Naked2 is my fav pallet of all time but this comes a very close second.

on 7/10/2015 1:44:00 AM

I came to know about Urban Decay only about a year or two back, when I was living in Malaysia. I feel lucky that around that time, all 3 Naked palettes were already out so I had 3 to choose from! To me, this is the best out of the three. The Naked and Naked2 are quite similar while the Naked 3 has some shades of rosy pinks and a combination of shimmers and mattes. Without primer, the colour do stand out but I think they would look better with primer (searching for one at the moment!). The colours are versatile and can be used in any combination. Whether you want a glittery, shiny look or matte all the way, this palette does the trick. The colours are easy to blend too ^^ It comes with a double ended brush and I must say, I love the brush! The bristles are very dense, as such, the brush is able to pick up more pigment :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this palette for just 42 bucks at sephora which is the only reason i purchased it to be honest, I would never pay 54 for it simply because its not as versatile as the first palette. That being said I do like it so far for everyday lools as it is probably the most neutral and soft of all the Naked palettes. The pigmentation is not as great as the other ones, especially with shades like dust, and some colors require a wet brush and digging in to get pigment off the colors, but once builded up the colors are pretty. I think my favorites will be strange,buzz, trick, liar, and factory. Nooner and limit make good transition and blending colors( limit works as a lid color for me almost because my lids are quite dark and deepset compared to my skintone. So really the only truly dud shade is dust, but some other colors are not standouts either.

However as mentioned before, all the colors end up looking similar on the lids, so you cant create as much variety of looks as you can with the first one, but this is a truly neutral palette with a rose/mauve tone in all the colors, so as long as pinks work on your lid it will be a great everyday soft makeup look palette that can also be used heavy handed for smokier and slightly brighter looks. Still not sure if I will keep it but I will give it a fair chance and experiment with it some more. Use concealer, paint pot, or white base on lids depending on how dark your lids are before using and a damp brush to make this work. Avoid if you're super pale with blue eyes as I feel it could make paler eyes look irritated and does not compliment blue eyes as well as coppery shades would.

The packaging is alright, I don't care for the ridges on the front but the color and lettering of Naked 3 are pretty. It's good in that it snaps completely shut but it rattles a lot, is heavier than the first one, and doesn't feel as nice to hold. But I don't care that much about that or anything...

I HATE the fact that it comes with sample pods instead of an actual sample. Who the hell is gonna wanna use a cheap unsanitary packet multiple time? For the price you would expect and actual travel size bottle instead of little pods you could get in a magazine or something...