Urban Decay NAKED3

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My first highend eyeshadow palette
I remember how I freaking out when I purchase this, because it’s so expensive for me, so this palette have a special place in my heart

Back in the day, the hype of the naked series is so high
As a confused newbie in Makeup world, I end up buy this and choose the newest one.

Colour selection is good imo, most of them are neutral and wearable for daily use.

As for now, because I already own other palettes, I think this palette is not that good, it’s so so.

I don’t know about the other naked series, but I don’t think I will buy any naked series anymore since there are lots of eyeshadow palette out there.

on 7/27/2017 1:09:00 AM

This one was a true disappointment for me. I had hoped for so long that a warm pink palette would come out and when I saw this I had to have it. The colours are beautiful and right up my alley. You can create a variety of looks that are gorgeous if you have a particular skin tone and/or eye colour.

I am olive toned and bit too yellow for this palette. I find on me it leans cool to neutral and this makes me look washed out. I didn't believe UD would ever release a warm palette (until the recent Naked Heat). But I've been burnt twice with this line and can't bring myself to buy another. I would still use this palette if the colours popped or were pigmented on my skin tone but I find they just look so dull and don't have deep enough crease shades.

Don't really know what to do. I have two UD palettes I don't use and can't give away or sell.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i really do not like this palette. I bought it awhile ago because I was intrigued by the pinks and have never owned a pink themed palette, but almost all the colors look horrible on me. I have warm to neutral undertones, and these shades do just not flatter me at all. The glittery shades have an EXTREME amount of fallout, more than any other eyeshadow I have ever tried. The colors don't really blend well and the darker ones especially come out very patchy. I always attempt to use this and come up with a look I like, but it never looks good. This is my least liked makeup product I own.

I love love this palette!! I have the earlier two but this one suits my skin tone the best and the set part is it has both matte and shiny pigments. So it's perfect for a day at work and also for a night out! The brush also is really good and makes the application unite easy. Will definitely buy again!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I own all the naked palettes and I think you only really need 1, I wish I had realized that sooner. This palette is okay. The shades are very pretty but I was disappointed with almost all the glittery shades in here. There's a ton of fall out and only when I use fix plus does the color pay off like normal UD shadows. I don't think this is a must. For $54 I would simply look into another palette with pinks, like the ABH ones.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Colors are incredible and the pigmentation is like oh my gosh. The only bad thing is the price. It is so expensive but it worths.

I see this is a hit or miss for everyone. The rose gold is definitely not your every day shades like your typical browny naturals. For me, I don't reach out of this palette all the time but believe it or not this is the first palette I ever bought! I had never been, still am not, an eyeshadow girl but every time I visited Sephora, I always play around this palette.
Now to begin, my skin town is your typical golden undertone Indian skin tone. I do run on the end of the medium shades (in between NC37 and NC42 in MAC Studio Fix, nc40 is too pinky on me + MAC F&B c5, and NARS Sheer Glow in Barcelona) . Rose-golds are not suitable for all skintone so yes place swatch before buying! However on my skintone, I found them surprisingly suitable! I really think this palette can work well for skin tones that are olive or golden in undertones.

Now everyone has been saying how the colors look the same. From a first glance and first swatches, yes the colors do look very similar but the key thing here that they all have different textures. I think that's what helps make this palette still versatile. Some have glitter chunks, some have micro glitters, and some are plain matte! The key with this palette is that you have to play around with all the shades and find what looks work. The only shades I don't use is Strange (unless for the rare occasion I use it as a base) and Darkside (I usually don't like grays at all). Dust has crazy fallout but with a good eyeshadow base, this shade will definitely last. Sometimes I like to use as a wash of sparkle over my eyelids and darken up the outer v with a slightly deeper shade in this palette. Another shade I use, probably most often, is Trick. It's a beautifulll shade. The trick for Tick (lol) is to use the color wet! Darkside is a great out V shade for a smokey look. To get the best out of it's microshimers, use it to set a black liner and you can get a sparkly spacey looking black liner look xD! Limit and Nooner are great base and crease shades. The only con is that there aren't enough mattes in this shade but for rose-golds, I prefer them to be shear or shimmery.
The original reason I bought this palette is for parties (which I rarely go to haha) and Indian weddings. The colors look fun and grand. But now I find this palette useable for any occasion!. Def will repurchase (which wont happen for a long time since I have soon much product left - def worth the $$$$).

on 10/29/2015 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this palette on a whim when I went in to Sephora to grab a Stila lipstick in the shade "patina" but as usual they didn't have it. Frustrated and not wanting to leave empty handed since I walked all they way through the mall to get to Sephora, I decided to check out the Urban Decay products. I have wanted a naked palette for years but I could never justify spending $70 on an eyeshadow palette. I have never even swatched any of the shadows in store because I honestly never thought I'd purchase my own naked palette. However, Naked 3 caught my eye instantly. I loved every shade and I could not believe how big the palette was. I had only ever seen it online and I didn't expect it to be so large. So of course, I fell in love. I bought the palette, and I still haven't regretted it.
"Buzz" and "Nooner" are my favorite two shades but there isn't a shade that I wouldn't use. I love the metallic colors the most, however even with the UD primer potion, there is still a lot of fall out with them. Also I find the primer makes the shadows a little bit difficult to blend out perfectly, but the shadows on their own blend out beautifully.

The only two things I have to complain about is the packaging, and the brush. I don't know if its just my palette, but it can be a pain in the butt to open and close and I'm so afraid to break it.
The brush is mediocre. I love the flat end for packing on metallic eye shadows but the blending end sucks. It's very stiff and makes your eye shadow look really patchy and uneven. I really don't understand why so many people love it but I totally get the hype for the palette it's self.
I'm considering going back to get the Naked2 palette. Well done Urban Decay! You've made me a believer.

on 10/24/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this so much. It was 50 euros which is around £40 so the price was good. Use it loads along with the free primer. Amazing quality, favourite palette.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

EDIT 1/4/17: It's nice, it really is. But I don't use it nearly as much anymore. I'm tired of pink.
EDIT 12/31/15: This is still my favorite palette and I keep coming back to it!

Growing up, I wore a lot of pink. I'd had a brief spell of obsessing over Winnie-the-Pooh yellow, and decidedly refused to wear anything except black for most of my middle school career, but now I'm coming full circle and falling in love with rosy tones all over again. And it's worth it.

On my cool-olive NC30 skin, I do typically prefer cooler or neutral tones in my makeup, which ruled Naked 1 out of the equation instantly as I don't see myself using it enough to justify the purchase, but even Naked 2 ended up being a shimmery, muddy mess -- and it lacked a true rosy taupe.

This being said, Naked 3 also works on my warm-toned NC25 friend, so it transcends skin undertones as well. However, it might seem off to wear pink on super yellow or warm-olive skin.

Naked 3's packaging is absolutely gorgeous: I'm a big fan of the sturdy snap-shut aluminum case, and the pink color scheme along with the imitation satin design exudes romance like no other. The synthetic dual-ended brush included is also very nice for precise application or detailed crease work, though it can also work for concealer. I'd be lying if I said the packaging wasn't the reason I'd wanted this so much in the first place, but now that I own it, Naked 3 might become my everyday, go-to palette for eyeshadow, and -- dare I say it? -- my Holy Grail, desert island palette.

The shades are all pink-based, though it doesn't come off as pink on my lids. I'd say that Naked 3 isn't entirely cool, but more of a neutral-to-cool in the grand scheme of things. To me, the first half of the palette seems cooler (with the exception of Trick), while the darker half (excluding Liar) pulls more neutral.

Dust is actually one of my favorite shades; it IS usable and makes a nice sort of glitter topper if you want to go through the trouble of wetting your brush, carefully packing on a little at a time, and cleaning up fallout. I do get lazy and just pack it on top with my dry finger and it works fine, but fades. Overall, don't expect this to be an opaque, metallic glitter.

- STRANGE (matte) is a very pale baby pink. It makes a really nice browbone highlight, and is fairly pigmented, but seems to pull a tiny bit darker if it's not packed on.

- DUST (glitter) is a seashell pink. This reminds me of a fairy dust necklace I'd bought ages ago that was just a tiny bottle filled with glitter. This is basically the same thing, but probably safer for your eyelids.

- BURNOUT (satin) is a light pink with a hint of peach. It's a nice allover lid shade, especially for the daytime, and might make a nice highlight for deeper skin.

- LIMIT (matte) is a pinkish tan. This works great as a transition shade for blending, or if you want a matte lid shade.

- BUZZ (shimmer) is the truest rose color in the palette. At first I was wary of this being too pink, but it actually looks really pretty on, and on my skin tone seems a little more subdued than I've seen on others.

- TRICK (shimmer) is a peachy, rose-gold shade that pairs perfectly with the other colors in the palette. When first swatched, it's rather disappointing and unpigmented, but I scraped off the first layer and now it translates much more beautifully. My favorite shade.

- NOONER (matte) is the rosy taupe of my dreams, perfect for softly deepening the crease. When sheered out, it can also be used as a transition shade.

- LIAR (satin) is a pinkish taupe that leans more on the rosy side than gray. It's very similar to Buzz, except it has less pink. It's just neutral enough but still has enough interest to classify it as pink.

- FACTORY (satin) is a brown with rose undertones. It's very similar to Mugshot, and is nice to pack on the outer half of the lid or to softly deepen the crease.

- MUGSHOT (satin) is a taupe with rose undertones. It's a little darker than Liar, but lighter than Factory. My most used lid shade in the palette.

- DARKSIDE (satin) is a deep grayish plum that works well for smoky looks without being overwhelmingly dark. It's one of the more subdued shades, and one you'll have to layer. The texture reminds me of Snakebite from Naked 2, which I didn't like then and I like even less now. My least favorite shade, but one I still use a lot.

- BLACKHEART (matte with rose microglitter) is an aptly named -- it even says so on the box -- and highly pigmented blackened burgundy. The shimmers don't create much fallout, but don't expect the color you see in the pan unless you pack it on with a wet brush. That being said, the glitter keeps it from being a flat black and gives deepening the outer crease a lot of dimension.

I do own the Wet 'n' Wild limited edition palette in Smoke and Melrose, which contains about two or three dupes for some of the shades. If you managed to get your hands on this drugstore beauty, but aren't sure if you should pick up the Urban Decay (aka the expensive) version, I say that if you really enjoy the colors, then you should. I don't think Smoke and Melrose is a complete alternative to Naked 3; rather, it's a nice little companion palette (especially if you're a big fan of Limit, Factory, and Trick).

If I lost or ran out of this palette, I'd purchase it again in under a heartbeat. I'm addicted.