Urban Decay NAKED3

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay NAKED3

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

PRO: - beautiful shades - cool packaging - brush is excellent NEUTRAL: - not all shades are well pigmented (the extreme shimmer shades are hardly recognizable on eyes) CON: - don't last long, even with several good primers/bases - expensive as f*** I used this palette after a long time again and now I understand why not all people are impressed with this palette. No matter how I blend or apply the colors, the end result looks muddy, as I would have used low-quality products. So, I'm sorry, UD. I guess this will be the only piece of Naked 3 which I will ever possess.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am fair with blue eyes and I find this palette to be super-flattering. It is a good every day palette that makes neutral looks easy, but it can be smoked up for more dramatic looks as well. Like most other palettes, some of the shades are better than others. Dust is really pretty in the pan, but I find it hard to work with and I think it's the weakest shade in the palette. Liar, Nooner, and Mugshot are the ones that I like the best. The mattes are all very nice and blend well. Urban Decay shadows wear very well on me with a primer, and this is no exception. I also like that this is the first UD Naked palette that doesn't have any repromote shades in it, because IMHO that makes it more worth owning if you already have a large eyeshadow palette collection. The packaging is nice, and the fluffy end of the brush that is included is nice for blending out shadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette, it was one of my first expensive palettes. I usually know exactly what look I'm doing when I go to this palette but it also lets me experiment with cooler tones, as I normally wouldn't.

I find all of these colours blend quite easily, but they are more silky than buttery in formula. May take some getting used to if you're used to AnastasiaMR shadows or Tarte, as they have a creamier formula. The downside is that there are only 2 matte crease shades in this palette, which limits the looks you can make. The deeper colours all have slight shimmer to them, so I don't use them in the crease. The deeper colours work very well on the lid near the lashes, however. The pink shimmer colours are very shimmery and glittery, but I find (with the exception of the shade Dust) they all wear well. Dust should be treated the same as loose glitter (sticky base/mixing medium) and then it lasts well.

I find I can get use out of almost all the shades in this palette and I always love the looks I'm able to create.

on 3/29/2017 8:18:00 PM

I know next to nothing about applying eye makeup, and this palette helped me as there are easy colors to match together, and all of them look good on my skin.
I bought it because of the pink tones as I am a fan of those tones in makeup.
I prefer the matte finish but the shiny ones are delicate and suitable for day use as well, in my opinion.
I just dont like the first one, as it's too white, and the last one because its too dark and flashy, but then again if I knew more about makeup Id probably know how to use them too.
The packaging is gorgeous but it was probably the reason why the palette was so expensive, so Id prefer if the packaging was simpler and the price lower.
The best thing is that it's cruelty free, and no animals were harmed to make me look cute.

on 3/26/2017 4:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this palette, the colours look amazing on my olive skin and light brown eyes. However, it is very pricey, but I would defnitely purchase it again. The great thing about it is that it is very pigmented and with a good primer, it stays on all day!

on 3/5/2017 9:48:00 PM

I have had this pallet since it was released. I had to have this pallet and thought it would be my ultimate pallet, as I love rosy eye shadows, but I rarely ever pulled for this pallet. For the last week I have used this pallet to try to get it into the rotation but unfortunately this force of use has put this pallet in the purge bag. I was suprised by how sheer the shadows are in comparison to other UD shadows, especially since they don't appear in the pan to be shadows that would have issues with opacity. I also found that overall the eye shadows had A LOT of fallout. I also found it hard to create looks that are appealing with this pallet. There are no great pops of bright colour for the lid and everything just appears dark and blends into each other until it looks blah.

The GOOD: Strange is similar to Virgin (which is top 3 UD shadows) but a little more cool toned and a little more matte and it applies well. Buzz is a nice metallic pink shadow. Liar is a nice shade, it applies well but could be more bright. Its a little more dull once applied. Factory balls up a little but is generally a beautiful brown shade. Mugshot is a nice brown metalic shade. Blackheart is a great black with red sparkles.

The BAD: Limit is quite nice but it does ball up and fall out. Dust is kind of similar to it's namesake. The eye shadow is a sheer glitter which cannot be built up to be opaque. This would be better as a highlight shade. Trick is a beautiful colour but it applies patchy and is more sheer then I would want in a metallic copper shade. Nooner is a nice shade but again it does apply patchy. Darkside is a patchy matte brownish black colour.

The UGLY: Burnout is a shade that is beautiful in the pan but is very stiff in the pan and does not apply with a brush or finger without a lot of work and fallout.

BOTTOM LINE: Generally the shades in this pallet are not a complete miss but it is disappointing that the rosey shades are the biggest duds when this is the draw to this specific pallet. I would just buy the Naked pallet in retrospect and skip 2 and 3.

on 3/1/2017 2:11:00 PM

This is the palette that changed my mind about Urban Decay eyeshadows. I used to think I hated them. I had done a couple swaps (ironically on this site, back in the day) and the colors I got were awful... It turns out it was because those particular eyeshadows were awful. I thought I just didn't like their formula, period. However, this palette got so much hype. So I took myself to an Ulta and felt on the tester. The consistency and swatches were beautiful. I ended up buying it. I still have it and love it to this day. I love the rose undertone... The selection is excellent. Pigmentation is excellent except for the lightest and darkest colors, ironically. I find no use for the lightest color. It's a chalky light pinkish color. The darkest, which is a black with purple glitter is just unusable to me. If I want a black, I want a straight up black. The glitter barely shows and though it's pretty in the pan, it doesn't translate well on the eye. All of the other shades, however, are wonderful.

on 2/26/2017 10:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this palette for almost two years and I still love it. I love the fact that it can be used for a nice everyday natural look, but it can also be used for a more dramatic look. Sometimes the pigmentation isn't the best but that's only if I don't use a primer or don't use the right brushes to apply. This was my first major palette purchase and I'm still in love with it, especially for someone who is a beginner with makeup.

I consider this a unique palette. The shades are lovely, they are quite pigmented, but you certainly need to use an eyeprimer under them. The biggest drawback is that there are only 2 matte eyeshadows. Some of the shimmery shades are packed with chunks of glitter and I pesonally don't like that. My palette came with some of the pans unglued so they fall all the time. But overall I like it, I can create soft looking, romantic eyelooks with it.

on 12/4/2016 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had a $20 coupon and I had to burn it on something so I chose this. There is no doubt that the shades look beautiful in the container but not so good on me. The quality was not as good as I expected either. If you have tried the Maybelline Blush palette, you see that this falls all over your face. Maybelline's at 1/6 of the price does not do that. Apart being messy, honestly I did not dig the colors. I like Maybelline's much better. Make the long story short, I would spend my money elsewhere.