Urban Decay NAKED3

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My first highend eyeshadow palette
I remember how I freaking out when I purchase this, because it’s so expensive for me, so this palette have a special place in my heart

Back in the day, the hype of the naked series is so high
As a confused newbie in Makeup world, I end up buy this and choose the newest one.

Colour selection is good imo, most of them are neutral and wearable for daily use.

As for now, because I already own other palettes, I think this palette is not that good, it’s so so.

I don’t know about the other naked series, but I don’t think I will buy any naked series anymore since there are lots of eyeshadow palette out there.

on 8/30/2017 5:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wanted so badly to love this. I have green eyes. The ideal palette. No. The pigment is not great. Shimmers don't stick well. Disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was my first "expensive"eyeshadow palette, gorgeous colors in the pan but turned out to be a total fail. I'm a fair/medium (NC30) with yellow undertones. and the lighter shadows almost look the same when applied and could only be used for a subtle look. The shadows also have allot of fall out and some are chalky while the darker ones are patchy when applied. I tried to make the most of it but I just could not get this palette to work for me.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Yes!!! I love rose eyeshadow, so when I got this palette for my birthday two years ago, I flipped! It is seriously GORGEOUS. I'm not an eyeshadow pro, so this palette has helped me play with colors that I normally wouldn't buy and experiment with new looks! Even without a lid primer, the shadows stay on for most of the day (and really stick when you do use primer!). Also, the brush that comes with it is really nice for both blending and packing the shadow onto your lids.

Why I wouldn't buy again: usually there are only 1-2 colors incorporated into my application each time, and as with any palette, there are certain shades that I tend to gravitate more towards than others. For that reason (and the price), I probably wouldn't buy this palette again, but hunt for the specific eyeshadow colors that I liked and buy those individually.

One small critique: I wish there were more matte colors in the palette. The sparkles are SO pretty, but I get much more use out of the matte shades because they are more professional/work appropriate!

on 3/12/2017 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is so pretty! I bought it last year when I was just getting into makeup again after a long break. I love pink so I was immediately seduced by it. I love the range of colors and the fact that there are both mattes and shimmers. The shadows blend out pretty easily - especially for me, and I'm not fabulous at shadow. I do find that some of the medium tones look kind of the same on me - I probably would have been fine with like 3 fewer shades in the middle of the palette, but overall I really it. The included brush is great also.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i really do not like this palette. I bought it awhile ago because I was intrigued by the pinks and have never owned a pink themed palette, but almost all the colors look horrible on me. I have warm to neutral undertones, and these shades do just not flatter me at all. The glittery shades have an EXTREME amount of fallout, more than any other eyeshadow I have ever tried. The colors don't really blend well and the darker ones especially come out very patchy. I always attempt to use this and come up with a look I like, but it never looks good. This is my least liked makeup product I own.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is my favorite out of all the Naked palettes, just because i love the rosy tones of the shades. I wouldn't buy it again, because it is really expensive, and I found that the shimmers aren't as pigmented as I'd like. They swatch well, but I have to wet my brush to get them to show up. But they o blend really well and last long; the brush that comes with it is high quality, too.

I got this palette as Christmas gift last year, and since then it's really been the only eyeshadow I use. I have green eyes and fair skin that is pretty close to an even split between yellow and pink tones, so it definitely works with my complexion, though I wouldn't say the color selection is my favorite. Sometimes I wish this palette had a better mix of warm and cool tones like the original Naked, or a greater variety of shades, because sometimes I wish there were something other than just mid-range PINK. I also wish there weren't quite so many shimmery shades, because I'm more of a matte type of gal and you would think that there would be some...considering its a "naked" palette.

One thing that really annoys me about this palette is the terrible packaging. Sometimes I have to really work to get my palette to open, which isn't a good feeling because I'd hate for it to fly out of my hands and shatter. Compared to the first two naked palettes, I really feel like this packaging looks cheap.

In terms of the actual use of this makeup, though, I really dig it. It's super pigmented, blends well, and is gentle on my skin, which is important to me because oftentimes even eyeshadow can be irritating to my lids. One important thing to note is that this eyeshadow just isn't going to stay unless you put primer underneath it. I use UD's original primer and it works great, stays on all day and never creases, but if you don't prime your eyeshadow will be gone in an instant. Seriously.

My go-to shades in this palette are "strange" for my browbone (always, for almost any eyeshadow look I do), "limit" for my lid, and "nooner" for my crease, which I find gives me a pretty natural, matte look that really makes my green eyes POP. Sometimes I'll use burnout or trick for my lid if I want a little more understated sparkle, and other times I use mugshot on my crease if I want something a little more dramatic, or I'll apply it to my lid & blend out for a grungier look. I generally stay away from buzz because I find it to look sort of gaudy with my eyes, and also tend to steer clear of blackheart purely because I'm afraid of that shade, but I once used it for a dramatic look I did on my friend and it was gorgeous, which you can see on my page. One the only shadow I truly despise in this palette is "dust." I find that its name perfectly describes what it is, because every time I try to put this on my face, it instantly scatters onto my cheeks. No amount of primer, setting spray, love or money can get that stupid eyeshadow to stick, and therefore I've just stopped using it. It might look pretty, but seriously, its useless.

Overall, I dig this palette, and if you have green eyes and a fair complexion, it would really work for you. Definitely I would recommend giving it a try.

on 1/4/2017 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

What can I say about this palette that hasn't be written already?

Simply put: it's perfect.

I have fair skin, green eyes, auburn hair and the shades are perfect for me. Shades work for any occasion and so many different looks can be made with this palette I think I'll never tire of it (and that's saying something for a beauty junky like me). I use almost all of the colours so it's not a waste at all. I use it far more than the naked 2 palette.
The staying power of these shadows is amazing. I never used to wear eyeshadow because they would always just end up as a crease on my eyelid. Not so with UD. Even better- if possible- with the free primers it comes with.
Love this palette. One of my all time best beauty buys and no one who wears makeup should be without it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Not a big UD fan, but they do make the most tempting palettes, and I got suckered in by this one because I love smoky-pinky-nudes - they're perfect for my pale, warm/neutral-toned complexion and green eyes.

As it turns out, none of the shades are ones I can't live without. I've integrated Naked3 into my looks so it won't go to waste, but only Blackheart (a deep, almost blackened, reddish bronze) is anything special. I don't like matte shadows, but I always use a shimmery eyeshadow base anyway. Note that I read plenty of reviews, and knew perfectly well that the palette is heavy on mattes, so no deductions for that.

Basic nude look: Buzz on the lid, Darkside as liner, Factory in the crease, Dust as a highlight, ColourPop Famous in the inner corner

My everyday greenish bronze look: Dust as a wash, Clinique Egyptian Cream Shaper as liner, NYX Golden Bronze in the crease, Sugarpill Goldilux in the inner corner

Golden bronze look: ColourPop Famous as a wash; Sugarpill Goldilux on the lid, topped with clear gloss; Blackheart as liner; Trick in the crease; Sugarpill Kitten Parade in the inner corner