Urban Decay NAKED3

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Urban Decay NAKED3

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This was my first ever eyeshadow palette and originally I was so excited to have it because there was a lot of hype around it! The packaging is gorgeous, the colors are great, but the formula isn't so great. I've had a lot of trouble trying to make this formulation work for me. The shimmers aren't very pigmented and in order to get better pay off you'll have to wet your eyeshadow brush, use an eyeshadow base (I used nyx's white eyeshadow base), or use glitter glue (I used the one by nyx). Regular old eyeshadow primer doesn't cut it. The best pay off I've had so far is with the eyeshadow base but even with all three methods, I find that my eyeshadow creases in a very ugly way an hour and a half to two hours after application. My favorite shades are Nooner, Factory, Darkside, and Blackheart with the last shade being very pigmented. Dust, Burnout, Buzz, and Liar are my least favorite and have the least pigmentation but with the above three methods you can coax some out. If I could go back in time, I would not purchase this and I don't recommend it either.

on 2/9/2018 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have such mixed feelings about this palette.

The good: It's obviously a beautiful palette. The packaging is beautiful and the rose-gold theme is stunning. Also, as always, the UD shadows are high quality. The best thing about this palette is how cohesive it is, much like the original Naked. All the colors go well together so it's really easy to create nice eye looks without too much thought or effort.

The bad: 1) I feel like I already have versions of several of the colors in the N3 palette in other UD palettes. I reach most often for the matte shades, which strongly resemble shades I already have in the Naked Ultimate Basics Palette. The right hand side of this palette has the same feel as the original Naked, but the colors in the original are much nicer and more distinct. In N3, liar, factory, and mugshot all look the same on my eyes. 2) the most wearable, everyday colors in this palette tend to have chunky glitter fallout, making them not all that useful for my everyday makeup look.

I think I would have really enjoyed this palette when I was 18 or 20 years old. In my early 30s, I sometimes think pinks aren't all that flattering on me, and shimmer in general is less a part of my overall makeup routine. It's a good palette, I think I'm just maybe not quite the target audience for this one.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Let me begin by saying that I have Naked1 and Naked2 and love them. And that I like pink eyeshadow!

This was a complete miss for me. Having medium skin, I knew that they were going to take some building up to show, and that's fine. Trick and Dust are complete duds in my opinion. They do look beautiful in the pan, though. The matte shades in this are great and the packaging in wonderful, this the three stars. Even the darkest half would barely show on my and I am really not that tan. I don't feel as though the quality was up to par with the other Naked palettes, pigment and texture wise. I ended up getting rid of this and getting the Lorac Unzipped. So very glad I gave that I gave Lorac a shot for my pink fix. I honk it is a much better alternative to the Naked3.

on 9/28/2016 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am dissapointed in this palette. I love rosy eyeshadows a lot but the quality of the Urban Decay palette is not really good. I also have the Makeup Revolution dupe for this and many colors perform better than the UD! The dupe costed 6,99€! The shade Trick (orange gold) for example, I just can't get it to work in the UD palette! It looks nice in the pan but it does nothing on my eyes. However the Makeup Revolution one has ten times more pigmentation! UD also has less staying power. I also like pairing rose colors with a beautiful dark brown but there is no nice brown in this palette.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I own all the naked palettes and I think you only really need 1, I wish I had realized that sooner. This palette is okay. The shades are very pretty but I was disappointed with almost all the glittery shades in here. There's a ton of fall out and only when I use fix plus does the color pay off like normal UD shadows. I don't think this is a must. For $54 I would simply look into another palette with pinks, like the ABH ones.

on 5/4/2016 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is hands down the worst "high end" eyeshadow palette I've ever used. I bought this the day it launched on the Sephora website years ago thanks to a $15 off coupon. The colors just looked so beautiful and pink is my favorite color and I love rose gold. HOWEVER... The pigmentation for this palette lacks so much for the (now) price point of $54. The pinks are pretty in the pan, but look virtually the same, but there is a noticeable difference between Burnout and Nooner though. The glitter shades Have a ton of fallout, but then again, which shade in this palette *didn't* have a ton of fallout? Chalky mess all around. As for the browner shades on the other side of the palette? They all look the same except for Blackheart!!

In fact, Blackheart is the only thing that makes this horrible palette usable! Let's face it, with this palette, your only choices are smokey eye or a you can hardly tell I'm wearing eyeshadow look. I have to mix Blackheart with almost every color I want to use for my crease/outer V in order for it to look like I'm wearing anything. That is really bad. Years later and I still regret buying this. Definetly not brown girl friendly. There's just so much to complain about this palette that I'm better off just making a YouTube video about it!

on 4/2/2016 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Don't get me wrong I love this palette. Out of all the naked palettes this would be my second favourite after the original naked palette. I mean the colours are beautiful. I love the rose gold tones, they have a very romantic feel. However I don't think the pigmentation is as good as naked 1 and naked 2. The colours blend really nicely and I can really make a beautiful eye look but the I just don't feel the quality is as good. Still it is a lovely palette and I have no regrets with purchasing this palette as I really enjoy using it.

on 2/10/2016 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall this is a good palette to have especially if you are a makeup junkie or a makeup artist. But for beginners, this may not be the best choice. The colors are rose-toned so for basic everyday use, it's really better to stick with soft browns and more neutral warmer shades.

With an eye primer, the texture and blendability is great. Though there are some I think 3 shades that are very glittery so those colors are good for a bold eye look for a night out. I tend to use this palette on clients by mixing shades with other shades from different eye palettes coz I wanna make sure that I still tend to use this palette regularly.

Although I love Naked 3 coz it's the one I bought, I now can say that I think the colors of Naked 2 are much better, in my opinion.

on 1/1/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

As with all Urban Decay Naked palettes, the shadows are of beautiful quality and are nicely pigmented. But overall I find this palette too be somewhat disappointing. I am a huge fan of the first Naked palette and thought that on my dark tan skin tone some of the shadows looked the same on the eye. I think people with lighter to medium skin tones who love pink eye shadows will love this palette. While there are some beautiful shades there are also some good cheaper dupes of this palette that I would suggest buying instead of this one.

on 11/21/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Urban Decay as a brand is a bit over priced, but their products usually deliver. I don't own either of the Naked or Naked 2 palettes, but Naked 3 is a beautiful, blush-toned palette with pigmented, creamy, blend-able shades that I use quite often. If you don't like blush-tones, don't even think about buying this palette. For $54.00, you want to make sure this is a good range of shades for your personal preference. I wish there were more matte shades in this palette personally, and I really hate the ultra shimmery, sparkle-filled pink shade on the far left-hand side, but besides that, I like the brush, I like the colors and the product. Packaging looks nice, but it's kind of chunky and plastic feeling. The price is high, but I definitely feel a quality difference when experimenting with cheaper, dupe-type versions of this product. Overall, this is a good palette, with romantic shades that are perfect for your transitioning, crease, brow bone, and many all over lid shades and dark colors to add definition to the outer corner. You have everything you need, unless you're someone who hates blush tones or if you need all matte shades.