Urban Decay NAKED3

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Urban Decay NAKED3

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Let me begin by saying that I have Naked1 and Naked2 and love them. And that I like pink eyeshadow!

This was a complete miss for me. Having medium skin, I knew that they were going to take some building up to show, and that's fine. Trick and Dust are complete duds in my opinion. They do look beautiful in the pan, though. The matte shades in this are great and the packaging in wonderful, this the three stars. Even the darkest half would barely show on my and I am really not that tan. I don't feel as though the quality was up to par with the other Naked palettes, pigment and texture wise. I ended up getting rid of this and getting the Lorac Unzipped. So very glad I gave that I gave Lorac a shot for my pink fix. I honk it is a much better alternative to the Naked3.

on 9/28/2016 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am dissapointed in this palette. I love rosy eyeshadows a lot but the quality of the Urban Decay palette is not really good. I also have the Makeup Revolution dupe for this and many colors perform better than the UD! The dupe costed 6,99€! The shade Trick (orange gold) for example, I just can't get it to work in the UD palette! It looks nice in the pan but it does nothing on my eyes. However the Makeup Revolution one has ten times more pigmentation! UD also has less staying power. I also like pairing rose colors with a beautiful dark brown but there is no nice brown in this palette.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I own all the naked palettes and I think you only really need 1, I wish I had realized that sooner. This palette is okay. The shades are very pretty but I was disappointed with almost all the glittery shades in here. There's a ton of fall out and only when I use fix plus does the color pay off like normal UD shadows. I don't think this is a must. For $54 I would simply look into another palette with pinks, like the ABH ones.

on 5/4/2016 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is hands down the worst "high end" eyeshadow palette I've ever used. I bought this the day it launched on the Sephora website years ago thanks to a $15 off coupon. The colors just looked so beautiful and pink is my favorite color and I love rose gold. HOWEVER... The pigmentation for this palette lacks so much for the (now) price point of $54. The pinks are pretty in the pan, but look virtually the same, but there is a noticeable difference between Burnout and Nooner though. The glitter shades Have a ton of fallout, but then again, which shade in this palette *didn't* have a ton of fallout? Chalky mess all around. As for the browner shades on the other side of the palette? They all look the same except for Blackheart!!

In fact, Blackheart is the only thing that makes this horrible palette usable! Let's face it, with this palette, your only choices are smokey eye or a you can hardly tell I'm wearing eyeshadow look. I have to mix Blackheart with almost every color I want to use for my crease/outer V in order for it to look like I'm wearing anything. That is really bad. Years later and I still regret buying this. Definetly not brown girl friendly. There's just so much to complain about this palette that I'm better off just making a YouTube video about it!

on 4/2/2016 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Don't get me wrong I love this palette. Out of all the naked palettes this would be my second favourite after the original naked palette. I mean the colours are beautiful. I love the rose gold tones, they have a very romantic feel. However I don't think the pigmentation is as good as naked 1 and naked 2. The colours blend really nicely and I can really make a beautiful eye look but the I just don't feel the quality is as good. Still it is a lovely palette and I have no regrets with purchasing this palette as I really enjoy using it.

on 2/10/2016 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Overall this is a good palette to have especially if you are a makeup junkie or a makeup artist. But for beginners, this may not be the best choice. The colors are rose-toned so for basic everyday use, it's really better to stick with soft browns and more neutral warmer shades.

With an eye primer, the texture and blendability is great. Though there are some I think 3 shades that are very glittery so those colors are good for a bold eye look for a night out. I tend to use this palette on clients by mixing shades with other shades from different eye palettes coz I wanna make sure that I still tend to use this palette regularly.

Although I love Naked 3 coz it's the one I bought, I now can say that I think the colors of Naked 2 are much better, in my opinion.

on 1/1/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

As with all Urban Decay Naked palettes, the shadows are of beautiful quality and are nicely pigmented. But overall I find this palette too be somewhat disappointing. I am a huge fan of the first Naked palette and thought that on my dark tan skin tone some of the shadows looked the same on the eye. I think people with lighter to medium skin tones who love pink eye shadows will love this palette. While there are some beautiful shades there are also some good cheaper dupes of this palette that I would suggest buying instead of this one.

on 11/21/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Urban Decay as a brand is a bit over priced, but their products usually deliver. I don't own either of the Naked or Naked 2 palettes, but Naked 3 is a beautiful, blush-toned palette with pigmented, creamy, blend-able shades that I use quite often. If you don't like blush-tones, don't even think about buying this palette. For $54.00, you want to make sure this is a good range of shades for your personal preference. I wish there were more matte shades in this palette personally, and I really hate the ultra shimmery, sparkle-filled pink shade on the far left-hand side, but besides that, I like the brush, I like the colors and the product. Packaging looks nice, but it's kind of chunky and plastic feeling. The price is high, but I definitely feel a quality difference when experimenting with cheaper, dupe-type versions of this product. Overall, this is a good palette, with romantic shades that are perfect for your transitioning, crease, brow bone, and many all over lid shades and dark colors to add definition to the outer corner. You have everything you need, unless you're someone who hates blush tones or if you need all matte shades.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

By far my favorite Naked palette! I own every single one (except the Basics 2) and it is the one that is best for every day looks. The colors also complement my fair skin and look great with my dark brown eyes. I'm definitely gifting this to friends in the future! Only downside is that I prefer the packaging of the 1st palette with the magnetic closing but that's only a small detail and would definitely not derail my decision is re-purchasing the product.

on 10/29/2015 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this palette on a whim when I went in to Sephora to grab a Stila lipstick in the shade "patina" but as usual they didn't have it. Frustrated and not wanting to leave empty handed since I walked all they way through the mall to get to Sephora, I decided to check out the Urban Decay products. I have wanted a naked palette for years but I could never justify spending $70 on an eyeshadow palette. I have never even swatched any of the shadows in store because I honestly never thought I'd purchase my own naked palette. However, Naked 3 caught my eye instantly. I loved every shade and I could not believe how big the palette was. I had only ever seen it online and I didn't expect it to be so large. So of course, I fell in love. I bought the palette, and I still haven't regretted it.
"Buzz" and "Nooner" are my favorite two shades but there isn't a shade that I wouldn't use. I love the metallic colors the most, however even with the UD primer potion, there is still a lot of fall out with them. Also I find the primer makes the shadows a little bit difficult to blend out perfectly, but the shadows on their own blend out beautifully.

The only two things I have to complain about is the packaging, and the brush. I don't know if its just my palette, but it can be a pain in the butt to open and close and I'm so afraid to break it.
The brush is mediocre. I love the flat end for packing on metallic eye shadows but the blending end sucks. It's very stiff and makes your eye shadow look really patchy and uneven. I really don't understand why so many people love it but I totally get the hype for the palette it's self.
I'm considering going back to get the Naked2 palette. Well done Urban Decay! You've made me a believer.