Urban Decay NAKED3

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Urban Decay NAKED3

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I own all the Nakeds and aside from Smoky, this one is my favourite. While the other two are more for basics, this one is actually something unique, with really nice rose and pink colours. Combined with some of the darker colours in Naked 1, this is nice for day or night. I mostly use it for more romantic soft looks for day and go with Smoky for night.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this palette, it was one of my first expensive palettes. I usually know exactly what look I'm doing when I go to this palette but it also lets me experiment with cooler tones, as I normally wouldn't.

I find all of these colours blend quite easily, but they are more silky than buttery in formula. May take some getting used to if you're used to AnastasiaMR shadows or Tarte, as they have a creamier formula. The downside is that there are only 2 matte crease shades in this palette, which limits the looks you can make. The deeper colours all have slight shimmer to them, so I don't use them in the crease. The deeper colours work very well on the lid near the lashes, however. The pink shimmer colours are very shimmery and glittery, but I find (with the exception of the shade Dust) they all wear well. Dust should be treated the same as loose glitter (sticky base/mixing medium) and then it lasts well.

I find I can get use out of almost all the shades in this palette and I always love the looks I'm able to create.

on 3/5/2017 9:48:00 PM

I have had this pallet since it was released. I had to have this pallet and thought it would be my ultimate pallet, as I love rosy eye shadows, but I rarely ever pulled for this pallet. For the last week I have used this pallet to try to get it into the rotation but unfortunately this force of use has put this pallet in the purge bag. I was suprised by how sheer the shadows are in comparison to other UD shadows, especially since they don't appear in the pan to be shadows that would have issues with opacity. I also found that overall the eye shadows had A LOT of fallout. I also found it hard to create looks that are appealing with this pallet. There are no great pops of bright colour for the lid and everything just appears dark and blends into each other until it looks blah.

The GOOD: Strange is similar to Virgin (which is top 3 UD shadows) but a little more cool toned and a little more matte and it applies well. Buzz is a nice metallic pink shadow. Liar is a nice shade, it applies well but could be more bright. Its a little more dull once applied. Factory balls up a little but is generally a beautiful brown shade. Mugshot is a nice brown metalic shade. Blackheart is a great black with red sparkles.

The BAD: Limit is quite nice but it does ball up and fall out. Dust is kind of similar to it's namesake. The eye shadow is a sheer glitter which cannot be built up to be opaque. This would be better as a highlight shade. Trick is a beautiful colour but it applies patchy and is more sheer then I would want in a metallic copper shade. Nooner is a nice shade but again it does apply patchy. Darkside is a patchy matte brownish black colour.

The UGLY: Burnout is a shade that is beautiful in the pan but is very stiff in the pan and does not apply with a brush or finger without a lot of work and fallout.

BOTTOM LINE: Generally the shades in this pallet are not a complete miss but it is disappointing that the rosey shades are the biggest duds when this is the draw to this specific pallet. I would just buy the Naked pallet in retrospect and skip 2 and 3.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Colour range is really up my street, due to my eye colouring and was really excitied to use this product!

However I was pretty disappointed with the actual shadows, I find them not very strong in colour and quite difficult to use, the darker colours not so much but the lighter ones definitely.
For example I loved the look of trick (orangy/pink) but it barely shows!

Not a bad palette at all especially if you are going to use the darker side of it more, but if you're buying it more for the lighter shades really not worth the price.

Packaging is really good compared to the original naked palette as is a tin material which is much easier to clean and keep looking nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not worth all the hype! I really like rose gold, or rosey colours! I'm not into all those brown eye shadow pallets! I'm asian with light, yellow skin tone. The rosey colours look good on my skin tone. I got this pallette b/c I do a lot of light to medium eye shadow looks. dark colours looks are just too much for my lifestyle. Although it comes with a lot of medium shades, sadly, they all look way too similar on my skin. Honestly UD can cut the pallet in half the shades. The matte shades like Limit, and Nooner are awesome. If they come up with singles, I'll definitely buy these shades, but i'll definitely will not replenish the pallet once i hit pan.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Naked 3 is my most favorite palette of all time! The rose gold shades are so flattering for my caramel skin tone and allow me to create a look the transfers to any event or situation. The fallout on this palette is a bit more than Naked or Naked 2 but the pigment is just as rich as any other Urban Decay eye shadow. The price is great, the quality is great and overall it's just an aweaome palette.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

When UD released this palette, I got really excited about it and I knew I had to have it because I was going through a phase where all I wore was pink/mauve eyeshadow. I remember using the mauve shade in my Lorac pro palette every day and mixing it with nude to create the ultimate shimmery/pinky lid color. Last year, I added the palette to my growing collection and to be honest, it isn't my favorite. I love the shades strange, burnout, limit, trick and nooner but I find that a lot of the dark shades look the same once they're on my eyes and the dust shade I was excited about ended up being very chunky and just too glittery. I feel like I always need a good primer when I wear some of these shades or else they will end up all over my face. I do love this palette, but I feel like some of these shades are a lot better then others and I think it is a bit over priced.

on 1/31/2016 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have both this and the original Naked palette and I love both of them. The colour selection is blendable, very pretty and quite pigmented. In my opinion this palette looks good on anyone but I am very impartial to the colours. The only issue I have found with Urban Decay eyeshadows is that often have significant fallout, however If you can work past the fallout they do last all day and I found they don't crease even without a primer. They are quite expensive but if you feel like splurging on a great eyeshadow palette any of the Urban Decay Naked palettes are worth the money, I couldn't recommend this more!

on 1/31/2016 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased the NAKED3 palette after absolutely loving the original NAKED and like the original, it has a lovely selection of good quality eyeshadows which seem to stay put all day (as expected!).

However, I just don't think these colours are for me. I have a light-medium skin tone, with dark brown hair and dark brows, and when I apply some of these shades they are just a bit too pink and shimmery for my liking.

I am going to keep trying with some different combinations, and maybe watch a couple of YouTube tutorials for inspiration but I definitely think that this palette is much more suited to lighter skin tones and colourings.

Also, the packaging on this one seems a bit plastic and clunky.

on 1/14/2016 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After using and loving the NAKED palette, I saw this one and had to try it. I was immediately drawn to the gorgeous rose gold shades, and having had a good experience with the NAKED palette as far as pigmentation and its ability to last throughout the day, it was no question for me.

As with the NAKED, I loved the presentation/organization of the shadows from lightest to darkest, as this served as somewhat of a visual aid for me in deciding which shades to wear together. Slightly pricey, though comparable to most other high end palettes and so worth it given the use I've gotten out of it.