Urban Decay NAKED3

Urban Decay NAKED3

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/25/2013 10:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I truly do find this palette very nice. It is a great addition to my collection seeing as I did not have many rosey hued shadows prior.

However, I so do not find this palette am absolute must have. The colors and pigmentation are absolutely gorgeous don't get me wrong, but I feel like if you have darker toned skin it may be hard to pull off more than half the palette.

You can find a million swatches online on blogs and YT videos so I dong feel like listing every single eye shadow and description on here. I will list my favorites though.
Limit: a matte mauvey shade
Nooner: slightly darker than limit, same hue
Liar: shimmery pinky taupe
Blackheart: the darkest shade, black with pink glitter

I feel like there is only 3 mattes but I feel like in the pan they look satiny and the glitter ones do not have an over powering amount of fallout that Urban Decay tends to have a reputation for.

As for packaging it is much like the Naked 2, hard plastic with a solid click. I am very proud of Urban Decay for leaving behind flimsy cardboard and building sturdy palettes. The detail on the front is sleek and beautiful and would look good on a vanity as always with UD.

As for the brush, I could take it or leave it. I really wish they would have put a double ended liner, like the naked ones on the website, instead. But, I think we have been saying that since they changed the original Naked palette from liner to brush and they haven't done it since.

IF you are a junkie then this is a great addition to a collection but as I said before this is NOT a 'must run out and get right this minute even though I'm broke' product.

I will use mine and love it forever. I won't repurchase because there will always be new things coming and going!!!

on 11/26/2013 6:03:00 PM

Got mine in the mail yesterday and its absolutely gorgeous! I have medium olive skin tone and all the colors in the palette are just perfect. Very romantic and soft. If i run out i am definitely buying this palette again.

on 11/27/2013 8:35:00 AM

I just received this yesterday and tried it out. It is a beautiful pallet and will not disapoint UD fans. HOWEVER, as pretty as it is it will have some drawbacks which you should know about before making the $52 + investment.

As you've probably read this pallet leans to the pink neutral tones. Packaged like Naked 2 you get a sturdy metal pallet and this collection sports a double ended flat brush. EH you probably have better brushes already in your collection but it isn't a bad brush. 4 colors are matte and the black has a red shimmrer to it which is really pretty but not as "Black" as some may like. All the colors lean toward a pinky, rose gold, All are creamy and some of the shimmer does have the normal fall out. I have medium fair skin with brown/Hi lighted hair. Some of these colors actually disapear on me! Dust which is a pretty Pinky shimmer takes several applications for me to get any saturation of color. Which is actually fine or me I can use it to blend for a different look, but for girls of color or any darker skin tones I fear it will either disapear or look chalky on the skin. Quite a few of these colors may do the same on darker tones.

I'm still working with looks on this pallet and I don't want anyone to think I hate it because I don't! I will probably use this alot with my vice 2 and my other 2 naked pallets because for me I think this is a beautiul add on to what I have. But I want to put a caution out to you gals who might be on the fence or worried about the color saturation. Ignor the hype and Wait till you can test it out in the store see if it will work for you, or work with other pallets. If you already have a pallet close to the tones or mac or makeup Geek seperate colors you might want to pass this one by. I don't think think it's worth the $52 to get one or two additional colors that you can get just buying a mac or Makeup Geek seperate pans.

on 11/28/2013 4:05:00 AM

I own both Naked 1 and 2 palettes, and I can see myself reaching for this rose-gold themed Naked 3 palette far more often! I was hesitant to buy it at first, thinking that the colors were too light/pink for my warm/medium/yellow-undertoned complexion, but I was wrong! Another thing I love about this palette is that the color family is distinctively different from the previous Naked 1 & 2 palettes. Even my husband could tell the difference when I showed him them side by side. (He thought Naked 1&2 were the same colors rearranged).

(Overall impression compared to the other Nakeds:) To me, Naked1 felt very summery/bronzey. Naked2 felt more cool-toned and suitable for professional settings. Naked3 feels also suitable for work/school; however, it's flushed rose/brown theme make it unique from the other two.... more romantic, feminine, and beautiful colors overall. So overall, I think I prefer Naked3 to the other two.

PROS:
-PACKAGING: So beautiful, sturdy, slender, and smooth. I am a palette junkie, and the packaging for Naked3 is simply superb, elegant, and beautiful with those gold "Naked3" letters glimmering up at you from a rosey golden case. Hands down, this is the most gorgeous palette casing I have come across!
-HUES: I really like how the pink/brown theme looks on my skin tone. As mentioned above, I was hesitant to get this thinking the colors wouldn't show up much on my skin, or that the pinks would be unflattering on my warm skin. But these colors do work well on warmer toned ladies, too. The "pinkness" comes on subtle, not too strong/overpowering... giving a more "flushed" side to the "naked look".
-BRUSH: Just like the double-ended brush that came with Naked2, the double-ended brush that comes with naked3 is very soft, sturdy, and high-quality. One "fluffy" side is ideal for blending/shading the crease. The other side is smaller, flatter, and ideal for lining and everything else.
-MATTES: I am in love with the 3 purely matte shades: Strange, Limit, and Nooner. Strange is a matte white, ideal for highlighting the browbone; Limit is a rosey matte, and Nooner is like a slightly darker version of Limit with some brown. Nooner is also quite similar to Tease from Naked2, but it's slightly pinker. Nooner is my new favorite crease shade.

CONS:
-The shade "Dust" (2nd shade from the left) is exactly as its name states: like dust. While it's a beautiful shade, the consistency is very dry/chunky/glittery and won't adhere to the lids at all, even with primer. There is also crazy fall-out with this one.

OTHER SIDE NOTES:
-Aside from Dust, the rest of these shades had decent pigmentation and consistency. These shadows are good quality, but they aren't as pigmented and buttery as my Lorac Pro palette. I love my Lorac Pro palette like crazy, but I hate its packaging.

This is a beautiful palette and I am very glad I got it. I own Naked 2 as 1 is too warm for me. Being a cool toned girl this palette is a great addition to my palette family and have been using it everyday. I have blonde hair and green eyes and am an NW20,N1 for reference. The shadows are buttery soft and go on really well. I love all the colours and have no issues with them. I did originally not like Dust but I put an edit because it's an amazing shade to go over shadows it makes them look amazing.

I absolutely love the matte colours Limit and Nooner are fantastic for the crease and I hope they release these as singles. BlackHeart goes without saying it's gorgeous and I got the eyeliner today because of it. My favorite lid shade is Buzz this rosy pink is just awesome and paired with Nooner and Limit it looks great with Strange on the brow bone. Strange is so buttery and also should be a single as well because it's just a gorgeous eyeshadow.

Most of these colours seem on the cool side to me except Trick that can go warm but it does go well in small doses on my skin tone. I love it and am glad I got it because I have been using it everyday since it arrived and it looks good with everything. I always had a hard time with travel because I would bring too much MU well now I know I only need this. It's that versatile for me and I can create a ton of looks with this.

If you own any of the palettes I still think this is a great one to have I own Naked2 but I like this one a lot and will use both together because it's practically all the colours you need to create almost any look. I really love it and as usual Urban Decay did not disappoint me at all. It is buttery,pigmented, and just beautiful! I would definitely recommend this without any shadow of a doubt;)

EDIT: I take back what I said about Dust after using this palette everyday I have to say I use Dust as my lid colour almost constantly. So for me I am having no problems with any of the shades. I have been using the Naked 3 eyeliner and adore BlackHeart it's my favorite liner ever! Please make this a single UD it's that good!! I apply BlackHeart e/s over the liner to really darken it and spray some AllNighter and my eye look stays all day. I am in love with this palette more than any I own. I really enjoy using this everyday and I get great pigment from the shadows they are not dusty or chalky at all. They are some of the softest shadows I use and the most lovely colours.

on 12/5/2013 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a special palette. The colors are BEAUTIFUL! Rich and pigmented "rose golds" which are so flattering. (FYI- I have fair skin and green/hazel eyes). This is by far my favorite of the Naked palettes. I especially love how creamy the eyeshadows are. Also, if you are on the fence about buying another Naked, I really think N3 is very different than both N1&N2.

(By the way, I wear primer and then a NYX JEP in Iced Mocha under the eyeshadows for no creasing and bold pigmentation).

Just got it today!! Amazed by the colours! Im quite fair so I like soft pinky colours rather than dark golds and browns. It is perfect for me! I really like the way they gave samples of the primers! Very impressed!

I just picked up Naked 3 and have to admit that I'm not loving it quite as much as I thought I would. Have very fair skin and blue eyes and the shades themselves are just perfect for my complexion but for the first time ever I am having trouble with pigmentation and fallout regarding UD shades. I have Naked 1 and 2 and those have a lot more dark and intense colors, whereas these are all very romantic and muted.

First off, I love the tin design and the brush is great. Two dense sides, one for accurate placement and one larger side for blending or allover color. This is a very sturdy portable palette and I feel safe putting it in my purse for travel.

The shades are all very lovely and range in the rose gold range. They really are perfect for those with fair skin - on darker complexions I feel like a lot of these shades won't show up as well. They just don't seem as pigmented to me as most UD shades are. I had to apply several layers of color to get the pigmentation I wanted even with a great primer underneath. Dust is my least favorite - it's aptly named and kind of goes everywhere. It does work as a highlighter shade though, but if you use it with matte shades like Limit and Nooner the glitter falls on top. Some of the shades I had more fallout than I'm used to with, even after lightly blowing or tapping on the brush after picking up the shadow.

Overall I love the colors and the eyeshadows are for the most part creamy and blendable so the formula itself is up to par. I'm going to continue using it to see if I get better results with different primers. I think this will be a good palette to grab if I'm late for work and don't have time to do a full eye but want a quick and easy wash of color. These are very office appropriate which makes it a good palette for those that want that muted "Naked" look. I just wish that the colors were more pigmented and didn't sheer out so easily, but maybe I got a dud.

Had to edit my review. Initially I felt like I wasted my $ because my favorite shade in terms of color was Dust, with poor pigmentation and chunky glitter. HOWEVER after some online research I figured out how to enjoy this shade:

1. Use it on top of a pigmented creamy eye base
Saw Xsparkage use it on top of NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk (pure white) and it looked great

2. Have another eyeshadow on your eyelid. Then apply glitter glue and Dust on top.
Just adds a bit of concentrated sparkle.

3. Try applying it wet with brush, sponge or fingers
Looks more pigmented. However there are still gaps in pigment so make sure you have some kind of pigmented base (see above for ideas) already underneath.

4. Just use it on its own with colorless primer for a sheer wash of shimmer
Only works if you like your natural lid color because your lid will show through. Another idea is to use it on top of concealer and primer for a natural sheer shimmery lid.

5. Apply it straight on top of a matte shadow to add sparkle
Works fine. For less shimmer use a brush or dry application. For more use your fingers or something damp. Got the idea for this from Bobbi Brown, who uses some sheer shimmery shadows (called Shimmer Washes) in her line as a kind of shimmer top coat.

6. Use it as a cheek highlight
Honestly a waste of Dust as it doesn't perform as well as other highlighters out there. You get more bang for your buck using one of the above techniques.

STANDARD TIPS FOR AVOIDING FALLOUT
Press it on instead of sweeping it on. Make sure you use a good primer. Use translucent powder on your face before you apply eyeshadow. Tap your brush before you apply. Apply with damp applicator. Use your fingers.

Overall with a bit of work I have become less disappointed with this palette. I still wish the color of Dust had the texture of UD Sin instead (or even Sidecar or Chopper if UD wanted glitter) but now it is at least usable.

on 12/12/2013 4:56:00 PM

A sucker for eyeshadows and a fan of UD palettes, generally, I find this selection of shadows to be nice for my brown eyes with a good variety of mattes, satins and shimmers. (Not that I will use the shimmers as much ...) The matte pinky browns are really outstanding and I think this palette is one that can stand alone, unlike many others. I think this set of shadows is superior to the Lorac Unzipped palette (which I gave away) in that the color range is better and the type of shadows is more varied. NOT to be confused with my Lorac Pro palette which I LOVE....

I do admit that I find several of the lighter shades not as useable as some of the others - but that is true in almost any palette.

Overall, worth the money.