Urban Decay NAKED3

Urban Decay NAKED3

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/23/2016 5:22:00 AM

This palette is a dream for rose-gold fans <3 There is a lot of high pigmented shimmer and matte shades. The palette was different enough from the original Naked for me to justify buying this one, and I am really happy that I did. The shades have fantastic duration (all day) and really make your eyes go *pop*!

The tin and the brush are exceptional. Generally the brushes you get with palettes end up in the bin. Not this one! It is fantastic, I use it all the time. And the tin is very durable and snaps shut. Love it.

The price was exy, but I purchased this off Mecca and they completely rip their customers off. If you bought this from Sephora or UD website you would be getting better bang for your buck, alas I'm not in the US so it wasn't an option for moi.

100% I would recommend this palette. Totally divine <3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Not a big UD fan, but they do make the most tempting palettes, and I got suckered in by this one because I love smoky-pinky-nudes - they're perfect for my pale, warm-toned complexion and green eyes.

As it turns out, none of the shades are ones I can't live without. I've integrated Naked3 into my looks so it won't go to waste, but only Blackheart (a deep, almost blackened, reddish bronze) is anything special.

Basic nude look: Buzz on the lid, Darkside as liner, Factory in the crease, Dust as a highlight, ColourPop Famous in the inner corner

My everyday greenish bronze look: Dust as a wash, Clinique Egyptian Cream Shaper as liner, NYX Golden Bronze in the crease, Sugarpill Goldilux in the inner corner

Golden bronze look: ColourPop Famous as a wash; Sugarpill Goldilux on the lid, topped with clear gloss; Blackheart as liner; Trick in the crease; Sugarpill Kitten Parade in the inner corner

To Read all 453 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Colour range is really up my street, due to my eye colouring and was really excitied to use this product!

However I was pretty disappointed with the actual shadows, I find them not very strong in colour and quite difficult to use, the darker colours not so much but the lighter ones definitely.
For example I loved the look of trick (orangy/pink) but it barely shows!

Not a bad palette at all especially if you are going to use the darker side of it more, but if you're buying it more for the lighter shades really not worth the price.

Packaging is really good compared to the original naked palette as is a tin material which is much easier to clean and keep looking nice.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Colors are incredible and the pigmentation is like oh my gosh. The only bad thing is the price. It is so expensive but it worths.

on 6/17/2016 2:38:00 PM

For me this was just not worth the hype. This was my very first Urban Decay purchase AND my very first expensive eye shadow palette purchase. Yes, the colors are gorgeous, but I found myself only really using three, possibly four shades, and they really did not show up very well on me at all. I will say that I watched ALOT of Youtube eyeshadow tutorials on this pallette, and almost all of the tutorials used the same three or four shades from the pallette (limit and nooner being two of them.) A few of the shades were quite glittery and had a lot of fallout. Before I gave up on this (and gave to my 14 year old makeup-obsessed daughter), I really tried to make this work, but after finding myself consistently choosing my Tarte and L'oreal palettes over this, I gave it to my daughter. I did keep the brush though, because I did like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not worth all the hype! I really like rose gold, or rosey colours! I'm not into all those brown eye shadow pallets! I'm asian with light, yellow skin tone. The rosey colours look good on my skin tone. I got this pallette b/c I do a lot of light to medium eye shadow looks. dark colours looks are just too much for my lifestyle. Although it comes with a lot of medium shades, sadly, they all look way too similar on my skin. Honestly UD can cut the pallet in half the shades. The matte shades like Limit, and Nooner are awesome. If they come up with singles, I'll definitely buy these shades, but i'll definitely will not replenish the pallet once i hit pan.

pink neutrals? omg so pretty I could not wait to get my hands on this palette the shades are amazing as always from urban decay. I love the black shade with the red sparkle, I like to wear as eyeliner. but the thing that makes me sad as this palette is that if not done properly, it is way easy to look like pink-eye and nobody wants that you have to really take your time to apply and carefully select the colors,u cannot just slap on and go

on 6/4/2016 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was so excited to use this palette but I was so disappointed by the lack of pigmentation. I tried swatching it, rubbing off the top layer (with my finger, see edit below), using different brushes, using my fingers, using it wet or dry.. I even used a bright concealer as a base for this--nope. No pigmentation for most of the shades. I'm so upset because everyone else seems to own a good one but it feels like I've bought a really horrible drugstore palette or got a bad batch. A cheap pink blush used as eyeshadow worked better for me! Since purchasing this palette I've been slightly put off by Urban Decay which sucks because I've been using their single eyeshadows. I can only make use of the shades Strange for highlighting under my browbone, Nooner as a transition color and Blackheart for those really intense looks. I won't repurchase this or any of the Naked palettes and I'll be looking for eyeshadows elsewhere.

EDIT: Okay, using a small razor to scratch the top layers (read: LAYERS. Plural.) of each shadow I was able to get more pigmentation. I don't know why it's like that and I really don't like how I had to do that. I'm willing to give this palette a second chance and try different UD products.

on 5/30/2016 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought this palette after hearing so many positive things about it. It came with an interesting, but surprisingly heavy case. It also came with four samples of Urban Decay's primer potion (original, Eden, Sin, and anti-aging.) The brush the palette comes with is also good. The colors on the palette are beautiful, so I had high hopes. I was very disappointed. Not a single one of the colors is pigmented enough to really show up on my eyelids. At best, they create a "I'm not wearing makeup" look, which is definitely what I was not going for. The mattes in this palette seem to fare better than the shimmering eye shadows. The shadows also leave a lot of fallout. I tried to apply with another brush only to have the same issues. I would not recommend this palette at all, as it did not work well at all and cost a whopping $54.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Naked 3 is my most favorite palette of all time! The rose gold shades are so flattering for my caramel skin tone and allow me to create a look the transfers to any event or situation. The fallout on this palette is a bit more than Naked or Naked 2 but the pigment is just as rich as any other Urban Decay eye shadow. The price is great, the quality is great and overall it's just an aweaome palette.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

PINK SMOKEY EYE | NAKED 3 TUTORIAL ? by sandyteeful

Tutorial: Fresh Spring Makeup! (ft. UD's Naked 3) / YENNATOR by yennator

Girls' Generation SNSD ???? 'Mr.Mr'- Jessica Makeup Tutorial "KPOP Makeup Tutorial" by KoreanLovesBeauty

Let's Get Naked! Urban Decay Naked 2 and Naked 3 Review/Comparison by Emily Ko