Urban Decay NAKED3

Filtered by age: 30-35
Urban Decay NAKED3

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/27/2017 1:09:00 AM

This one was a true disappointment for me. I had hoped for so long that a warm pink palette would come out and when I saw this I had to have it. The colours are beautiful and right up my alley. You can create a variety of looks that are gorgeous if you have a particular skin tone and/or eye colour.

I am olive toned and bit too yellow for this palette. I find on me it leans cool to neutral and this makes me look washed out. I didn't believe UD would ever release a warm palette (until the recent Naked Heat). But I've been burnt twice with this line and can't bring myself to buy another. I would still use this palette if the colours popped or were pigmented on my skin tone but I find they just look so dull and don't have deep enough crease shades.

Don't really know what to do. I have two UD palettes I don't use and can't give away or sell.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am fair with blue eyes and I find this palette to be super-flattering. It is a good every day palette that makes neutral looks easy, but it can be smoked up for more dramatic looks as well. Like most other palettes, some of the shades are better than others. Dust is really pretty in the pan, but I find it hard to work with and I think it's the weakest shade in the palette. Liar, Nooner, and Mugshot are the ones that I like the best. The mattes are all very nice and blend well. Urban Decay shadows wear very well on me with a primer, and this is no exception. I also like that this is the first UD Naked palette that doesn't have any repromote shades in it, because IMHO that makes it more worth owning if you already have a large eyeshadow palette collection. The packaging is nice, and the fluffy end of the brush that is included is nice for blending out shadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This was my first "expensive"eyeshadow palette, gorgeous colors in the pan but turned out to be a total fail. I'm a fair/medium (NC30) with yellow undertones. and the lighter shadows almost look the same when applied and could only be used for a subtle look. The shadows also have allot of fall out and some are chalky while the darker ones are patchy when applied. I tried to make the most of it but I just could not get this palette to work for me.

on 3/5/2017 9:48:00 PM

I have had this pallet since it was released. I had to have this pallet and thought it would be my ultimate pallet, as I love rosy eye shadows, but I rarely ever pulled for this pallet. For the last week I have used this pallet to try to get it into the rotation but unfortunately this force of use has put this pallet in the purge bag. I was suprised by how sheer the shadows are in comparison to other UD shadows, especially since they don't appear in the pan to be shadows that would have issues with opacity. I also found that overall the eye shadows had A LOT of fallout. I also found it hard to create looks that are appealing with this pallet. There are no great pops of bright colour for the lid and everything just appears dark and blends into each other until it looks blah.

The GOOD: Strange is similar to Virgin (which is top 3 UD shadows) but a little more cool toned and a little more matte and it applies well. Buzz is a nice metallic pink shadow. Liar is a nice shade, it applies well but could be more bright. Its a little more dull once applied. Factory balls up a little but is generally a beautiful brown shade. Mugshot is a nice brown metalic shade. Blackheart is a great black with red sparkles.

The BAD: Limit is quite nice but it does ball up and fall out. Dust is kind of similar to it's namesake. The eye shadow is a sheer glitter which cannot be built up to be opaque. This would be better as a highlight shade. Trick is a beautiful colour but it applies patchy and is more sheer then I would want in a metallic copper shade. Nooner is a nice shade but again it does apply patchy. Darkside is a patchy matte brownish black colour.

The UGLY: Burnout is a shade that is beautiful in the pan but is very stiff in the pan and does not apply with a brush or finger without a lot of work and fallout.

BOTTOM LINE: Generally the shades in this pallet are not a complete miss but it is disappointing that the rosey shades are the biggest duds when this is the draw to this specific pallet. I would just buy the Naked pallet in retrospect and skip 2 and 3.

on 3/1/2017 2:11:00 PM

This is the palette that changed my mind about Urban Decay eyeshadows. I used to think I hated them. I had done a couple swaps (ironically on this site, back in the day) and the colors I got were awful... It turns out it was because those particular eyeshadows were awful. I thought I just didn't like their formula, period. However, this palette got so much hype. So I took myself to an Ulta and felt on the tester. The consistency and swatches were beautiful. I ended up buying it. I still have it and love it to this day. I love the rose undertone... The selection is excellent. Pigmentation is excellent except for the lightest and darkest colors, ironically. I find no use for the lightest color. It's a chalky light pinkish color. The darkest, which is a black with purple glitter is just unusable to me. If I want a black, I want a straight up black. The glitter barely shows and though it's pretty in the pan, it doesn't translate well on the eye. All of the other shades, however, are wonderful.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Let me begin by saying that I have Naked1 and Naked2 and love them. And that I like pink eyeshadow!

This was a complete miss for me. Having medium skin, I knew that they were going to take some building up to show, and that's fine. Trick and Dust are complete duds in my opinion. They do look beautiful in the pan, though. The matte shades in this are great and the packaging in wonderful, this the three stars. Even the darkest half would barely show on my and I am really not that tan. I don't feel as though the quality was up to par with the other Naked palettes, pigment and texture wise. I ended up getting rid of this and getting the Lorac Unzipped. So very glad I gave that I gave Lorac a shot for my pink fix. I honk it is a much better alternative to the Naked3.

I consider this a unique palette. The shades are lovely, they are quite pigmented, but you certainly need to use an eyeprimer under them. The biggest drawback is that there are only 2 matte eyeshadows. Some of the shimmery shades are packed with chunks of glitter and I pesonally don't like that. My palette came with some of the pans unglued so they fall all the time. But overall I like it, I can create soft looking, romantic eyelooks with it.

on 1/4/2017 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

What can I say about this palette that hasn't be written already?

Simply put: it's perfect.

I have fair skin, green eyes, auburn hair and the shades are perfect for me. Shades work for any occasion and so many different looks can be made with this palette I think I'll never tire of it (and that's saying something for a beauty junky like me). I use almost all of the colours so it's not a waste at all. I use it far more than the naked 2 palette.
The staying power of these shadows is amazing. I never used to wear eyeshadow because they would always just end up as a crease on my eyelid. Not so with UD. Even better- if possible- with the free primers it comes with.
Love this palette. One of my all time best beauty buys and no one who wears makeup should be without it.

I love love this palette!! I have the earlier two but this one suits my skin tone the best and the set part is it has both matte and shiny pigments. So it's perfect for a day at work and also for a night out! The brush also is really good and makes the application unite easy. Will definitely buy again!

on 9/10/2016 12:43:00 PM

This is the palette that got me to actually love makeup. I never really learned how to apply any sort of cosmetic product until my late twenties, and I started with a lot of drugstore products that yielded results ranging from "slightly unsatisfying" to "terrible to the point of giving me death anxiety over my seemingly ultra-rapid aging." After becoming nearly convinced that me and makeup would never get along, I snagged a secondhand Naked3 palette just to try out something a little more high end and suddenly realized that there were actually substances in the world that, when applied to my dumb face, would make me more attractive.

This stuff goes on in solid stark colors, blends wonderfully, and lasts forever. While the rose/gold tones in it might not work for everybody, they look awesome on me and there are plenty of neutrals with which to play around. I experiment with some combination of shades from this thing virtually everyday now, and I couldn't be happier with my life... at least all the parts of my life somehow relating to eye shadow.