The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 2/22/2018 4:38:00 PM

This cleanser is the perfect dupe for the Clinique Take The Day Off balm. It has a similair texture, spreads just as easily and is pretty easy to rinse off with a konjac sponge. It's also pretty damn affordable, considering you only need very little to spread it all over your face. It gets all my make-up off and will allow you to massage your face too if you wish to do so. It did leave my skin kinda tight feeling, which surprised me considering most balm cleansers leave my face moisturized.

However, I have a few issues with this product.
1) The fragrance. The older I get, the more tired I become of companies that market themselves as natural and keep on using fragrance in their products. Enough already. I'm a grown ass woman and I don't need my skincare to smell amazing in order for me to want to buy it. I want it do good things to my face and fragrance doesn't do good things for the face.
2) Stings the eyes. With any balm, I run it over my eyes after I've taken my make-up with a cotton pad in order to get the last bits off and if I keep it on a little too long, my eyes start full on itching that progresses into a sting. This is something the Clinique balm doesn't do for me.
3. A bitch to open. I had to use some serious muscle to open it for the first time. Who ever came up with the idea to put the lid on as tight as spanx needs to re-evaluate that decision. It's just not necessary.

Having mentioned these issues, the overall experience with this product isn't bad at all, but out of all the balms I've tried, this one won't be bought again.
I will say though, if you are looking into using a balm cleanser but you don't want to spend heavy coin while doing so, this is a good option.

on 1/10/2018 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This did not remove my eye-makeup. It just smears it around my face. It also left an oily film after I rinsed my face. But it smells good :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser has a very nice smell, is very effective at taking all the makeup off, even the eyes, but it made me break out like crazy: I never had cystic acne in my life and with this I had terrible huge painful bumps under the skin that took ages to heal (and it took me a lot of time to understand that the cleanser was the reason as my skin didn't break out overnight but acne appeared and got worse progressively)

on 9/8/2017 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love how affordability this product is. It takes off all my eye make up easily and it's so simple to apply. Love using this in the shower. Highly recommended!

This is my fave cleanser! It's important to double cleanse when you wear SPF and makeup - I wear SPF every day and this is the first cleanser I use, before using Peaches and cream by Soap and Glory. It smells AMAZING!! I love the smell, it's calming after a long day! This has a lovely quality to it, it's easy to massage into my skin and it melts away all my makeup. I used to use Clinique balm cleanser - this is the exact same formula and just as good, but I like it much better as it smells amazing and is like half the price of the Clinique balm :) - would recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have bought this over and over again. I prefer it to the oil, even for getting waterproof mascara off.

It smells pleasant, but even though I have irritable rosacea skin it doesn't irritate. It feels comfortable on my skin - however I always double cleanse.

I love it for travel and only find it can be tricky to open if my hands are greasy or wet!

I bought this to replace my Clinique Take The Day Off balm and I don't think I'll go back. I get this for £7 and it lasts me around 2 months. What's not to love? I love it and will buy again.

on 2/28/2017 2:55:00 PM

I like this product for cleaning my skin in winter/cold months. The scent is amazing, like fresh fluffy towels. The consistency is very easy to work with (almost creamy balm, melts right away), not as stiff like Eve lom, for example. My only complaint is that it has problem to put off waterproof mascara completely from my eyes. But for the rest of your face it´s great worker. Would I buy it again? Yes. The product works fine and the price is also great.

on 4/24/2016 6:28:00 PM

This is a great product, similar to the popular Korean cleansing balms without the price tag. Its very effective, gently and emulsifies well. Most of the time you can get some kind of a deal and I got this at 40% off, give this a go, you can't go wrong. The ingredients could be higher quality and there could be some skincare benefits but for the price, its super gentle and very effective. You need a pea sized amount and extra marks for being packaged in a metal tin. Most of these things are in plastic containers which leaches chemicals into the product making it rancid.

on 3/28/2016 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have been using Shisheido Benefiance cream ckeanser for years and it was discontinued. So I was on the hunt for a good cream cleanser, I am delighted with this. It is soothing on my skin and does a great job. As it is so calming I use it with a buffer to exfoliate once or twice a week.

Leaves my skin soft and is soothing. Wish I had discovered this sooner, could have saved my $ as this is great value compared to what I was paying.

The only problem I have is I find the lid difficult to twist off.

on 11/25/2013 10:03:00 AM

Holy Grail Alert for make-up remover.
This is my favourite make-up remover at the moment and I feel it is going to stay that way for a while. It does not break out or sting my very sensitive skin or eyes, does not aggravate my redness, removes heavy make-up and waterproof eye make-up easily and rinses out well.

I was using TBS Shiso cleansing oil before this but it blurred my vision badly if I used it on my eyes, and it also stang my eyes a little bit. This butter has a lovely, soft texture that turns into oil – it is lighter than Shiso- melts my makeup and I can wash it off my skin easily – though I go for a second round of cleansing due to my new friend acne. It doesn’t clog my pores (lots of other products do). I prefer a thick, almost rubbery waterproof mascara for everyday use and this butter sweeps it away easily whereas a lot of liquid eye make-up removers struggle with it. I love its smooth texture, love the fact that it is in a tin and do not mind the smell.

Highly recommended both for eyes and face.