The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 10/12/2018 7:52:00 AM

I have combination skin and this cleanser is just not for me, it definitely causes breakouts. Beware if you have oily skin.

on 8/25/2018 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING! Ok, so I’ve been reading that people use this for all over the face, I tried but I was not a fan of the texture on my face and made me iffy buuuut this stuff is the best as an eye makeup remover. A little does go a long way, so I grab a tad bit and massage it over my eye makeup and it just melts off everything (glitter, eyeshadow, gel liner, mascara) and with one swipe everything comes off. Seriously this stuff is so so good. I highly recommend. You won’t regret it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful balm cleanser!! Perfect for double cleansing ❤️

on 4/2/2018 4:18:00 PM

Mixed feelings about this one. It's a good cleanser, leaving the face super clean and soft. But it made me break out like crazy and I am still dealing with the cystic acne I got after using this product for a couple of weeks only. Might be a better option for ladies with dry or medium skin.

on 2/23/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has gotten such good reviews compared to TTDO from Clinique that I was sure I was going to love it, but that didn't happen.

I have rated TTDO a 4/5, because it cleans slightly worse than my favorite makeup remover, and it costs more, however, it's a decent cleansing balm. The Chamomile cleaning balm however, does not work well for me. It cleans worse that TTDO - I tested this by swiping my face with a cotton pad with toner after washing my face, after using TTDO and the Chamomile Butter, and the pad had way more makeup on it when I used this. I use quite a few long-wearing, waterproof, heavy products, and I need a really good makeup remover to keep my skin in good condition.

Generally, I'm left with an oily layer of some kind of residue on my face when I use this balm, and the layer is hard to get off even with forming cleanser. Those with dehydrated or really dry skin might like this residue, but I don't, because it means my makeup is not fully removed.

Further, I really dislike the smell of this. I generally avoid perfume in skin care, but this was a particularly offensive smell to me; when I open the box, I can smell this from a couple of feet away. It's heavily fragranced, the perfume stings my eyes when I use it to remove my mascara, and it gets into my mouth when removing lipstick, and tastes nasty - I don't want to taste perfume when removing my makeup!

Lastly, the price of this is about half of TTDO, but the amount you get is also about half, so I'm not feeling I'm getting a much better deal price-wise. Also, I bought this to travel with, as it is not a liquid, however, I think the TTDO Balm might be better in this case: it stays solid up to a higher temperature and has a more secure lid. The Chamomile Butter liquefies quite easily (handy when you are at home though), and I can't say I trust the container to not leak if the cleanser melts. EDIT: I had this with me in hot weather. I was right: it meted and leaked out of the tin...

on 1/3/2018 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Doesn't work well for eye makeup. It makes a mess of it and a lot of mascara/eyeliner/shadow ends up in my waterline, which means extra work to remove from there with cotton buds. When I use my current HG garnier micellar water (pink cap ) all my eye makeup is gone in two sweeps of the saturated cotton square.

Also it doesn't rinse clean. It leaves a light weight, soft film behind wich is good for dry skinned people, but not for my oily face. Because of this I would only use it to remove very tenacious makeup and suncreen (estee double wear, mineral sunblock, liquid lip) AFTER removing eye makeup, and follow it up with a face wash.

Since most days I use chemical sunscreen , non water proof mascara, and Loreal Pro Matte as foundation (plus powder color cosmetics) I have no need to use a balm, my Garnier Micellar water is a great pre cleanse for eyes and face. Quick and not messy.

That said the texture of this butter is great, very slippery. A little doesn't go a long way though and I need about a quarter size amount.

If I remember correctly I prefered the cleansing oil version of this butter. Still I'm giving it 4 stars since dry skin people will probably enjoy it.

To start, I'm one of those ladies who uses things like coconut oil and a washable make-up wipe (think knock-off makeup eraser cloth) to remove my makeup/skincare at the end of the day. But I was feeling indulgent one day so I picked up this butter/balm to test out.

This cleansing butter smells very nice, and it I found that it definitely worked at removing my makeup, including mascara (not the waterproof variety, I don't own any so I don't know how well it works on that). I found that I did have to work it into my eyeliner for that to come off easily.

I bought this during one of the Body Shop's sales, a few months back. It lasted me about 4 months, which in my opinion, is not a very long time. This could also be due to the fact that I found I had to use a lot of the butter to get enough of it on my face to work, I used about the size of a walnut.

It did rinse away nicely though, like most cleansing oils, it rinsed away cleanly in a milky texture taking the makeup/residue with it, I found that it left my skin feeling a tad dry after rinsing, but my biggest issue with this cleansing butter is that it made my eyes burn something fierce every time I used it. I did not like that about it, and for that reason alone I would not repurchase.

I'm off to try some other cleansing oils/balms. Or maybe just stick to my tried and true methods.

on 9/16/2017 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great product! I have dry skin and this butter does not leave any weird residues when I wash it off. It's also non-drying. Ingredient list is decent as well - not the best, but the ingredients still suffice for me. It also lasted me quite a while - about 4 or 5 months. A decent sized amount (Maybe quarter to dollar-sized) goes a long way! Definitely will repurchase. Also, it's cruelty-free and this product is good for its price.

on 9/3/2017 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my HG makeup remover - I love it and will rave about it to anyone. The tin is great for travelling and a little goes a long way, with one tin lasting months. This cleansing butter is smooth, easy to use and washes off with water. It doesn't dry out my skin and removes a full face of makeup with hardly any pulls or tugs. I do double cleanse after I use this, just to make sure every scrap of makeup is gone. I've tried The Body Shop's camomile cleansing oil, but prefer the butter as it's less messy. Highly recommend as I wouldn't use anything else to take off my makeup.

on 8/18/2017 7:45:00 PM

Love this stuff! I used to use Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing balm, but I switched to this because Clinique is no longer cruelty free. The Body Shop often has sales or good deals so this can be a lot less expensive than the Clinique balm. I don't need to follow with a second cleanser, but that may be because I shower at night and have no problem rinsing it all off.