The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 8/4/2018 9:51:00 PM

I've tried Clinique, Banila Co, and Hiemish cleansing balms and liked them, but the Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter is my absolutely favorite one of all. It melts makeup in a jiffy and rinses off well without drying my face. I have sensitive skin and yet strangely enough most fragrances in skincare don't irritate me, so the fact that this has a scent isn't an issue for me, actually I kinda like it, it's not overwhelming and gets rinsed off anyway. I can understand that it may be an issue for some people though.
I only use this balm when I travel, for everyday use nothing can IMO beat the Hada Labo cleansing oil, but I've had it spill once in my suitcase so I leave it home now and pack the Body Shop balm instead.

All in all this one's a winner and I will keep repurchasing. I should take one lippie off as the tin can be a PITA to open, but I like the product too much to give it only 4 lippies ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this make up remover. Having dry skin, the buttery texture makes my skin feel lovely as well as removing all my make up. I apply it directly to my face and use my clean hands to melt it and work it in, then remove it with cotton pads. I find it melts off all my make up, even the stubborn waterproof stuff! It's also very gentle as my skin can be sensitive to certain products. A tin lasts a long time so it's worth it. Also being a robust, flat tin, it's perfect for travel. I've repurchased this a few times, and will continue to do so.

on 9/17/2017 4:44:00 AM

I have combination sensitive skin, and use this during the (relativly) cold Norwegian winters. It takes my makeup effectively off, and at the same time provides moisture and makes my skin feel soft and supple. An everyday feeling of luxery!

on 8/26/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleansing butter. Smells nice, feels soft and removes all my make-up. Another plus is that you can rinse it off with water, which is impossible for a lot of other cleansing butters. And: no break-outs! I think I've used up 10 tins in total, and I will continue buying it.

on 8/18/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

edit august/2018: this makeup remover may be clogging my pores, I've been having acne for some time and I'm trying to figure out where it's coming from. I'll give it a break and see what happens. Probably not the best for acne-prone skin since it's so "buttery", I will lower my rating from 5 to 4 for now because it's still a nice product to melt down products on your face. It's possible the face cleanser I use after this one hasn't gotten off all the residue off my face as I thought

Upon first impression, I love how gentle and moisturizing of a makeup remover this is. Most leave my skin feeling slightly irritated, especially waterproof eye makeup removers. Removing waterproof eye primer and mascara with this worked well and scrubbing on your lashes with this gentle balm doesn't feel too harsh. It's an amazing alternative to harsh makeup removers that can leave the skin feeling stripped. I love how it's very mildly scented and relaxing to use, has quite a natural scent. I can imagine you'll get a lot of product for the price you pay, the tin probably contains a good amount of use. I don't appreciate perfume in skin care products or makeup but with this one I won't mind as long as it won't break me out more.

I love facial washes and makeup removers that make the process fun and beneficial. I have some sensitive skin on my eyes and for the first time in ages that skin was not irritated after removing makeup. It's good to double cleanse though, with something that will remove the last bits of makeup and actually cleanse the skin for the night. My skin was left amazingly smooth and soothed even after using a slightly harsher acne face wash foam afterwards, and I can definitely see myself enjoying this product until the end! I doubt it will break me out since it seems so gentle, but I will update on my review after I've used the product for some time. :) For now I totally recommend it as a gentle but effective makeup remover!

on 8/8/2017 5:12:00 AM

This stuff takes off my waterproof mascara rather well, although I have to give the eyes a second "rub".
Doesn't dry out skin at all, which is nice for my combo skin. I usually second cleanse the face afterwards with SebaMed cleansing foam for impurities, as latter will restore a relatively low ph - which is good against impurities.

I like that Body Shop don't do animal testing, but hate that their mother company does.

However, still better than buying from animal tested ranges in the first place.

Would recommend and buy again!

on 3/28/2017 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my third tub of TBS cleansing butter and I don't often repeat buy cleansers (there's so many to try!) so it must be good. I love the travel/earth friendly packaging and the scent which is clean and fresh. The texture of the cleanser is divine - it melts/emulsifies easily and is a joy to smooth on my face. I use this as a first PM cleanse when removing makeup, grime etc. I have no trouble removing mascara with this balm. Doesn't irritate my skin (I remove with a hot face washer). Doesn't leave any residue - I do a second cleanse at night but before I do the second cleanse my face feels soft and clean anyway. At AU$24.95 per tin it's a steal.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My newest obsession is cleansing balms. I love this product as much as the very expensive It Cosmetics 3 in 1 Bye Bye Makeup Balm. The tin is a bit hard to open but I do appreciate that this will be sturdy for travel. I apply a small amount on my fingertips and massage into my face for a couple of minutes. This feels amazing, not greasy, super hydrating and breaks down all makeup easily, including waterproof mascara. The balm rinses away easily too although I follow up with my Clarisonic and a creamy hydrating gentle cleanser, just a personal preference when I've worn makeup. On non-makeup days I still use this at night but skip the follow up cleanser so I don't strip my skin unnecessarily. Skin feels soft and supple. If you haven't tried a cleansing balm I recommend this one.

on 6/15/2015 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have not tried any cleansing butter before and only picked this one up as there was a 3 for 2 in The Body Shop and didn't know what else to purchase. I am so glad that I picked this up as I would not have picked it up for any other reason than it being in the offer.

I love this product, I comes in great packaging, smells nice and works well (what more could you want from a product).

So the product looks almost waxy in the tin but when its worked into your hands it turns into an oily consistence which goes onto skin nicely. I only use this with my hands to put on and wash off and find that it still removes my makeup, I have not tried it with a cloth to remove.

When washing off it does leave a silky film over the skin which I guess from reading other reviews is not great for everyone, but I feel that this helps to moisturise the skin, however I do feel that I need to still moisturise after as I have very dry skin.

Only a small amount of product is needed each time so although it may seem pricey it does last a long time.

Before showering I use a face wipe to take the majority of my makeup off and then use this to take the rest off and find that it does, and when washing it off my face I can see the foundation patches of water in the shower from my makeup (gross I know but highly satisfying).

I love this product and will defiantly continue to repurchase it and so glad I picked it up on a whim.

I have a video review of this if you would find it helpful:

This is a great budget cleansing balm, it breaks down makeup well and leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturised which is a must for my dry skin. I have repurchased this many times and use twice a day with a tin lasting around 1-2 months (I would recommend probably using a lighter cleanser in the morning if you dont have dry skin like me). Its not heavily fragranced and it doesnt irritate my sensitive skin.

My only bugbear with this product is that it doesnt fully remove my waterproof mascara and I generally need to follow up with a dedicated makeup remover product. I'll continue to use this in my regime alongside my other skincare products.