The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 8/4/2018 9:51:00 PM

I've tried Clinique, Banila Co, and Hiemish cleansing balms and liked them, but the Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter is my absolutely favorite one of all. It melts makeup in a jiffy and rinses off well without drying my face. I have sensitive skin and yet strangely enough most fragrances in skincare don't irritate me, so the fact that this has a scent isn't an issue for me, actually I kinda like it, it's not overwhelming and gets rinsed off anyway. I can understand that it may be an issue for some people though.
I only use this balm when I travel, for everyday use nothing can IMO beat the Hada Labo cleansing oil, but I've had it spill once in my suitcase so I leave it home now and pack the Body Shop balm instead.

All in all this one's a winner and I will keep repurchasing. I should take one lippie off as the tin can be a PITA to open, but I like the product too much to give it only 4 lippies ;)

on 4/2/2018 4:18:00 PM

Mixed feelings about this one. It's a good cleanser, leaving the face super clean and soft. But it made me break out like crazy and I am still dealing with the cystic acne I got after using this product for a couple of weeks only. Might be a better option for ladies with dry or medium skin.

on 1/28/2018 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great for sensitive skin or those wanting to double-cleanse.

I use this to take my makeup off at the end of the day before I go in with a gel cleanser. Just a little bit gets everything off - foundation, waterproof mascara, eyebrow makeup. Has a nice, light, natural scent and doesn't leave any greasy residue on the skin.

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin and this has yet to irritate me.

PROS:
-cruelty-free
-cost efficient
-doesn't break me out
-gets everything off

CONS:
-tin packaging sometimes a little difficult to manage

on 1/3/2018 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Doesn't work well for eye makeup. It makes a mess of it and a lot of mascara/eyeliner/shadow ends up in my waterline, which means extra work to remove from there with cotton buds. When I use my current HG garnier micellar water (pink cap ) all my eye makeup is gone in two sweeps of the saturated cotton square.

Also it doesn't rinse clean. It leaves a light weight, soft film behind wich is good for dry skinned people, but not for my oily face. Because of this I would only use it to remove very tenacious makeup and suncreen (estee double wear, mineral sunblock, liquid lip) AFTER removing eye makeup, and follow it up with a face wash.

Since most days I use chemical sunscreen , non water proof mascara, and Loreal Pro Matte as foundation (plus powder color cosmetics) I have no need to use a balm, my Garnier Micellar water is a great pre cleanse for eyes and face. Quick and not messy.

That said the texture of this butter is great, very slippery. A little doesn't go a long way though and I need about a quarter size amount.

If I remember correctly I prefered the cleansing oil version of this butter. Still I'm giving it 4 stars since dry skin people will probably enjoy it.

on 8/18/2017 7:45:00 PM

Love this stuff! I used to use Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing balm, but I switched to this because Clinique is no longer cruelty free. The Body Shop often has sales or good deals so this can be a lot less expensive than the Clinique balm. I don't need to follow with a second cleanser, but that may be because I shower at night and have no problem rinsing it all off.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I've been using this cleanser for a little over a week now and already love it. Using an oil to cleanse my already oily/combi skin sounded counterproductive to me, but it was recommended by a friend and I can only say - so happy I tried this cleansing balm!

The product is soft but solid at room temperature but the texture quickly changes with the warmth of your hands and face into an oil. It cleanses my face well without making a mess.

I choose to take off my eye make up separately (with a cotton pad and Lancome Bi-Facil) and, like other reviewers here, double cleanse to remove any excess oil from the product. It leaves my skin clean and soft and ready for my skin care routine.

I do think it's on the expensive side for the amount you get, so I just stocked up 3 more tubs while they were on offer :) I'm looking forward to trying the cleansing butter with the muslin cloths I've also ordered from the Body Shop, which are recommended for use together.

on 8/7/2017 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A great dupe for Clinique's TTDO Cleansing Balm! Quite literally exactly the same product - colour, texture and performance-wise.
Except far cheaper!

+ Great for travelling. Solid balm that melts into an oil upon touch. Slim tub, fits into toiletries bag nicely.
+ Very effective make up and sunscreen remover
+ I love the way it feels on the skin upon melting
+ Good value. Only AUD$23 for 100ml (as oppose to Clinique's at AUD$34 with the same amount of product and a chunkier tub)

- For those who like fabulous ingredients in cleansers, this is not for you... it's just a basic balm cleanser :)

Would definitely buy again. Still have a tub left, except now I save it for travels!

on 3/1/2017 5:39:00 AM

My favorite product to remove my makeup. It smells nice, it removes everything smoothly and doesn't sting my eyes. Before this I was using a miscellar water as my makeup remover, but always felt that I had product left on my eyes (and it would sting me!). I feel like this product removes easier and quicker - although the texture of my skin afterwards does feel a bit greasy so I now use the miscellar water after using this product for a quick cleanse.

My main complaint would be the packaging: although it is air-tight and doesn't open when travelling, you have to be careful every time you open and close the lid because it can get stuck very easily. This can make it frustratingly difficult to open

on 2/28/2017 2:55:00 PM

I like this product for cleaning my skin in winter/cold months. The scent is amazing, like fresh fluffy towels. The consistency is very easy to work with (almost creamy balm, melts right away), not as stiff like Eve lom, for example. My only complaint is that it has problem to put off waterproof mascara completely from my eyes. But for the rest of your face it´s great worker. Would I buy it again? Yes. The product works fine and the price is also great.

on 11/27/2016 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is fabulous. It's every bit as good as similar products I use from Clinique or Clarins but so much less expensive, especially with the great value deals that The Body Shop often has (buy 3, get 3, etc.). This removes every trace of makeup, including my eye makeup, and it is so gentle and pleasant to use and yet thorough. I remove it with a muslin cloth or an ordinary face cloth wrung out in warm water. A really great product!