The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 2/23/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has gotten such good reviews compared to TTDO from Clinique that I was sure I was going to love it, but that didn't happen.

I have rated TTDO a 4/5, because it cleans slightly worse than my favorite makeup remover, and it costs more, however, it's a decent cleansing balm. The Chamomile cleaning balm however, does not work well for me. It cleans worse that TTDO - I tested this by swiping my face with a cotton pad with toner after washing my face, after using TTDO and the Chamomile Butter, and the pad had way more makeup on it when I used this. I use quite a few long-wearing, waterproof, heavy products, and I need a really good makeup remover to keep my skin in good condition.

Generally, I'm left with an oily layer of some kind of residue on my face when I use this balm, and the layer is hard to get off even with forming cleanser. Those with dehydrated or really dry skin might like this residue, but I don't, because it means my makeup is not fully removed.

Further, I really dislike the smell of this. I generally avoid perfume in skin care, but this was a particularly offensive smell to me; when I open the box, I can smell this from a couple of feet away. It's heavily fragranced, the perfume stings my eyes when I use it to remove my mascara, and it gets into my mouth when removing lipstick, and tastes nasty - I don't want to taste perfume when removing my makeup!

Lastly, the price of this is about half of TTDO, but the amount you get is also about half, so I'm not feeling I'm getting a much better deal price-wise. Also, I bought this to travel with, as it is not a liquid, however, I think the TTDO Balm might be better in this case: it stays solid up to a higher temperature and has a more secure lid. The Chamomile Butter liquefies quite easily (handy when you are at home though), and I can't say I trust the container to not leak if the cleanser melts. EDIT: I had this with me in hot weather. I was right: it meted and leaked out of the tin...

on 11/17/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used a lot of expensive cleansers in the past such as Clarins, Liz earle, elemis and temple spa. Elemis being my favourite but since having a baby I cannot condone spending so much on a cleanser so I decided to try this one from the body shop.

This manages to take off all of my make up easily. I have waited a week to write this review to see if this was drying or made me break out but it did neither. My skin is soft and looks healthy. Would definitely buy again!!

on 9/8/2017 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love how affordability this product is. It takes off all my eye make up easily and it's so simple to apply. Love using this in the shower. Highly recommended!

on 5/4/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is absolutely wonderful! Smells like fluffy towels indeed and looks/feels like solidified coconut oil. You only need a small amount for the whole face, doesn't irritate at all and melts even the most stubborn makeup immediately. Gentle on the eyes too. I just massage it on dry skin and rinse. Then I follow with a foaming cleanser since I don't feel comfortable with leaving anything remotely oily on my face but that's personal preference.

I have tried the infamous Clinique Take the day off balm and it does exactly the same job but Camomile Butter smells better, comes in a more compact tub and costs less. Also it's less messy and overall more pleasant to use than oil makeup removers. Doesn't even need any disposable cotton pads or flannels the need to been washed afterwards like milk cleansers.

Have been using it for over a year, have many other cleansers/makeup removers around as I love trying new products but nothing has even come close.

on 4/11/2016 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The best cleansing even!!! Make my skin super smooth!

on 3/28/2016 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I have been using Shisheido Benefiance cream ckeanser for years and it was discontinued. So I was on the hunt for a good cream cleanser, I am delighted with this. It is soothing on my skin and does a great job. As it is so calming I use it with a buffer to exfoliate once or twice a week.

Leaves my skin soft and is soothing. Wish I had discovered this sooner, could have saved my $ as this is great value compared to what I was paying.

The only problem I have is I find the lid difficult to twist off.

on 12/11/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use cleansing oil to remove my foundation, followed by another cleanser, and it has kept my face feeling very nice. I love the idea of a cleansing butter, so I went out to buy this from TBS during one of their great sales. I love this! It feels luxurious during the dry winter months, and is less messy to deal with than oil, which can drip. I'm not happy about the tin. I don't generally like tins to store products, but I will put up with it for this. This is a lovely, and less expensive, alternative, to my favorite cleansing oils.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cleansing balm feels so luxurious! It goes on my skin really smoothly and removes all traces of makeup while being very gentle. The scent is lovely, very subtle, and the calming, non-irritating formula is great for sensitive skin.

Just a fair warning:
I use this cleanser as the first step in my two-step cleansing routine, to remove my makeup. This cleansing butter is not suited to be used as the only cleanser in your routine but rather as the makeup remover before your purifying cleanser. You will need to double cleanse! I have heard many people complain that this product clogged their pores when they used it as a cleanser - that's because it is not intended to be used on its own. The people at the Body Shop store actually advised me not to use it on its own but as part of the double cleansing routine.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Really love this offering from the body shop. The butter melts so easily and removes all make up really well with no stinging. The floral fragrance isn't really like camomile but I like it a lot. Feels luxurious to use and yet is pretty budget friendly. Not sure how long a tin will last but I am enjoying using this above other cleansers I own at the moment so probably not long! Although it doesn't leave a film on my skin, it does contain synthetic wax and so I like to double cleanse with another product after using this one as it is slightly drying on my skin.