The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.6

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this make up remover. Having dry skin, the buttery texture makes my skin feel lovely as well as removing all my make up. I apply it directly to my face and use my clean hands to melt it and work it in, then remove it with cotton pads. I find it melts off all my make up, even the stubborn waterproof stuff! It's also very gentle as my skin can be sensitive to certain products. A tin lasts a long time so it's worth it. Also being a robust, flat tin, it's perfect for travel. I've repurchased this a few times, and will continue to do so.

on 11/8/2017 4:09:00 PM

Before using this I used the same name oil cleanser which came in a pump bottle. Unfortunately it used to leak a lot and wasn't travel friendly. So I decided to move onto this when it was finished.

Very good as a makeup remover, I double cleanse with this if I am wearing makeup - applying this first to dry skin, rinsing, then following with my regular cleanser. It removes everything! I always double cleanse when using this as I don't think my skin will take nicely to this alone. Has a floral scent to it and looks like solid coconut oil, it melts quickly in the hands but doesn't turn into a completely thin oil unlike the oil cleanser of the same name (this is expected). It is like a thicker oil (maybe it's the cold weather).

Recommend for 1st step of makeup removal followed by your regular cleanser. If I have a full face of makeup I like using this over micellar water as it's not drying, and I don't have to pull at my skin to remove makeup.

on 8/18/2017 7:45:00 PM

Love this stuff! I used to use Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing balm, but I switched to this because Clinique is no longer cruelty free. The Body Shop often has sales or good deals so this can be a lot less expensive than the Clinique balm. I don't need to follow with a second cleanser, but that may be because I shower at night and have no problem rinsing it all off.

on 8/18/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Upon first impression, I love how gentle and moisturizing of a makeup remover this is. Most leave my skin feeling slightly irritated, especially waterproof eye makeup removers. Removing waterproof eye primer and mascara with this worked well and scrubbing on your lashes with this gentle balm doesn't feel too harsh. It's an amazing alternative to harsh makeup removers that can leave the skin feeling stripped. I love how it's very mildly scented and relaxing to use, has quite a natural scent. I can imagine you'll get a lot of product for the price you pay, the tin probably contains a good amount of use. I don't appreciate perfume in skin care products or makeup but with this one I won't mind as long as it won't break me out more.

I love facial washes and makeup removers that make the process fun and beneficial. I have some sensitive skin on my eyes and for the first time in ages that skin was not irritated after removing makeup. It's good to double cleanse though, with something that will remove the last bits of makeup and actually cleanse the skin for the night. My skin was left amazingly smooth and soothed even after using a slightly harsher acne face wash foam afterwards, and I can definitely see myself enjoying this product until the end! I doubt it will break me out since it seems so gentle, but I will update on my review after I've used the product for some time. :) For now I totally recommend it as a gentle but effective makeup remover!

on 8/18/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have used this cleanser for over two years. It works great for my oily t-zone/combination skin. I still have to use a micellar water afterwards though, to remove the last bit of residue of makeup. A little goes a long way. I use a kidney bean-sized amount for my whole face. Always repurchase this!

Pros:
Great package for traveling
Takes most of the makeup off
Doesn't dry skin
Removes waterproof mascara and matte full coverage foundation
Subtle smell
Good price
Lasts a long time

Cons: Lid can sometimes be tricky to put back on especially with wet hands
Doesn't remove all the makeup

on 5/28/2017 12:29:00 PM

This is my go-to balm cleanser as a cheaper alternative to Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm (and a more animal-friendly alternative).
I use this as the first cleanse to remove makeup and SPF. It's really good at that taking off the most stubborn mascara, gel eyeliner and long-wearing waterproof foundation. I don't think this is meant to be more that a make-up and SPF remover and a real SKIN cleanser as it is really rich and balmy for that. Does not contain much beneficial ingredients for the skin to be that either. Take it off with a warm water soaked washcloth (because I am not human able to remove this with just running water, if you can - you are a better human than me!)
I follow up with a cream non-foamy cleanser and my skincare routine and it's just beautiful and lovely.
This is my second jar. One lasts you pretty long since you don't need much - just a fingernail full. And I have two stashed as a backup because I refuse to be left without this in the near foreseeable future.

on 5/4/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is absolutely wonderful! Smells like fluffy towels indeed and looks/feels like solidified coconut oil. You only need a small amount for the whole face, doesn't irritate at all and melts even the most stubborn makeup immediately. Gentle on the eyes too. I just massage it on dry skin and rinse. Then I follow with a foaming cleanser since I don't feel comfortable with leaving anything remotely oily on my face but that's personal preference.

I have tried the infamous Clinique Take the day off balm and it does exactly the same job but Camomile Butter smells better, comes in a more compact tub and costs less. Also it's less messy and overall more pleasant to use than oil makeup removers. Doesn't even need any disposable cotton pads or flannels the need to been washed afterwards like milk cleansers.

Have been using it for over a year, have many other cleansers/makeup removers around as I love trying new products but nothing has even come close.

This is my fave cleanser! It's important to double cleanse when you wear SPF and makeup - I wear SPF every day and this is the first cleanser I use, before using Peaches and cream by Soap and Glory. It smells AMAZING!! I love the smell, it's calming after a long day! This has a lovely quality to it, it's easy to massage into my skin and it melts away all my makeup. I used to use Clinique balm cleanser - this is the exact same formula and just as good, but I like it much better as it smells amazing and is like half the price of the Clinique balm :) - would recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have bought this over and over again. I prefer it to the oil, even for getting waterproof mascara off.

It smells pleasant, but even though I have irritable rosacea skin it doesn't irritate. It feels comfortable on my skin - however I always double cleanse.

I love it for travel and only find it can be tricky to open if my hands are greasy or wet!

I bought this to replace my Clinique Take The Day Off balm and I don't think I'll go back. I get this for £7 and it lasts me around 2 months. What's not to love? I love it and will buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Close to being my favorite! I still prefer the liquid Body Shop Camomile oil cleanser, as it removes mascara better than this. BUT: this is very travel friendly, doesn't break me out, and doesn't leave my skin uncomfortably dry. When my skin needs a little exfoliation, I mix this cleanser with a little fine salt and rub my face with it - works like a charm!
Would definitely repurchase :)

Pros:
- Good for travelling/transportation
- Gentle on the skin

Cons:
- Jar can be hard to open at times
- Doesn't remove waterproof mascara as well as the liquid version