The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Filtered by skin tone : Other
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 7/13/2018 11:43:00 PM

Not a fan of this stuff.

Pros:
Smells lovely
Removes foundation effectively

Cons:
Awkward packaging with a large screw on top that is hard to open and close
Greasy texture that requires multiple cotton pads or a washcloth to remove
Leaves a film in my eyes that burns

Love this cleanser so much - I actually get excited about using it each night. I use it as a first cleanse to get all my make up off (yes, even all the mascara - dissolves it instantly and doesn't sting eyes). This is super cheap, and if you sign up for Bodyshop emails you regularly get discount codes which make it a steal. I heard about it on Caroline Hirons / Sali Hughes video as being a dupe for Clinique 'Take the Day Off'. Love it. At such a cheap price you should just get it and try it out. Winner.

on 1/3/2016 9:10:00 PM

I absolutely love this cleansing balm for makeup removal. It is similar in concept to Clinique's Take The Day Off or Eve Lom's balm, but it doesn't leave an oily residue or weird film. It is a clear balm that comes in a screw top tin. It removes my makeup quickly, effectively and gently, including eye makeup.

I apply it to my skin (I don't add water at this point and I don't use a cloth) and gently massage my face with my fingers it til it dissolves my makeup. Then I rinse it off with water and follow up with another cleanser to do a double cleanse. It lasts a long time, as well. I use this about 5 days a week and am only about 1/5 way in. I would absolutely repurchase and consider this to be a holy grail product.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleansing butter does a good job at removing makeups - even mascara. It comes in a tin, and the cleansing butter is in a butter-like texture that makes it perfect for travelling. However, compare to other makeup removers, this one is a little messier, as you have to massage over your face and wash it off, then follow by a facial cleanser. I would still stick to my Bioderma Sebium H2O, as I can swipe everything off using a cotton. This is still a very good product at removing makeup and perfect for travelling, as there is nothing to spill.

Love me some cleansing oil and cleansing balms. Currently I use Cliniques TTDO balm, until I seen this gem at The Body Shop. I am super impressed, as this cleansing balm really does take away all my makeup. I wear long wearing/ waterproof makeup at that. A little is all you need as you rub it on dry skin, then emulsify it with water. It rinses away clean, no filmy residue. It doesn't blur my eyes when I rub it over them to take off my gel/ liquid liners. It actually does a better job than my Clinique. What's even better is the price. I do admit that I follow up with a MAC wipe to remove all my eye makeup, but no cleanser will remove every trace of liner/ mascara; especially waterproof ones.

I don't recall how much this was, but nothing close to the near $30 I pay for Cliniques. Since I am a "love your body" member I always get 10% off. What a steal! Granted, this is about 1/2 the size of Cliniques, but it doesn't matter as like I stated a little goes a long way.

Looks like I've found my new HG cleanser. Will repurchase.