The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 8/25/2018 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING! Ok, so I’ve been reading that people use this for all over the face, I tried but I was not a fan of the texture on my face and made me iffy buuuut this stuff is the best as an eye makeup remover. A little does go a long way, so I grab a tad bit and massage it over my eye makeup and it just melts off everything (glitter, eyeshadow, gel liner, mascara) and with one swipe everything comes off. Seriously this stuff is so so good. I highly recommend. You won’t regret it!

on 8/4/2018 9:51:00 PM

I've tried Clinique, Banila Co, and Hiemish cleansing balms and liked them, but the Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter is my absolutely favorite one of all. It melts makeup in a jiffy and rinses off well without drying my face. I have sensitive skin and yet strangely enough most fragrances in skincare don't irritate me, so the fact that this has a scent isn't an issue for me, actually I kinda like it, it's not overwhelming and gets rinsed off anyway. I can understand that it may be an issue for some people though.
I only use this balm when I travel, for everyday use nothing can IMO beat the Hada Labo cleansing oil, but I've had it spill once in my suitcase so I leave it home now and pack the Body Shop balm instead.

All in all this one's a winner and I will keep repurchasing. I should take one lippie off as the tin can be a PITA to open, but I like the product too much to give it only 4 lippies ;)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful balm cleanser!! Perfect for double cleansing ❤️

on 1/28/2018 1:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great for sensitive skin or those wanting to double-cleanse.

I use this to take my makeup off at the end of the day before I go in with a gel cleanser. Just a little bit gets everything off - foundation, waterproof mascara, eyebrow makeup. Has a nice, light, natural scent and doesn't leave any greasy residue on the skin.

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin and this has yet to irritate me.

PROS:
-cruelty-free
-cost efficient
-doesn't break me out
-gets everything off

CONS:
-tin packaging sometimes a little difficult to manage

on 11/17/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used a lot of expensive cleansers in the past such as Clarins, Liz earle, elemis and temple spa. Elemis being my favourite but since having a baby I cannot condone spending so much on a cleanser so I decided to try this one from the body shop.

This manages to take off all of my make up easily. I have waited a week to write this review to see if this was drying or made me break out but it did neither. My skin is soft and looks healthy. Would definitely buy again!!

on 11/8/2017 4:09:00 PM

Before using this I used the same name oil cleanser which came in a pump bottle. Unfortunately it used to leak a lot and wasn't travel friendly. So I decided to move onto this when it was finished.

Very good as a makeup remover, I double cleanse with this if I am wearing makeup - applying this first to dry skin, rinsing, then following with my regular cleanser. It removes everything! I always double cleanse when using this as I don't think my skin will take nicely to this alone. Has a floral scent to it and looks like solid coconut oil, it melts quickly in the hands but doesn't turn into a completely thin oil unlike the oil cleanser of the same name (this is expected). It is like a thicker oil (maybe it's the cold weather).

Recommend for 1st step of makeup removal followed by your regular cleanser. If I have a full face of makeup I like using this over micellar water as it's not drying, and I don't have to pull at my skin to remove makeup.

on 9/8/2017 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love how affordability this product is. It takes off all my eye make up easily and it's so simple to apply. Love using this in the shower. Highly recommended!

on 9/3/2017 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is my HG makeup remover - I love it and will rave about it to anyone. The tin is great for travelling and a little goes a long way, with one tin lasting months. This cleansing butter is smooth, easy to use and washes off with water. It doesn't dry out my skin and removes a full face of makeup with hardly any pulls or tugs. I do double cleanse after I use this, just to make sure every scrap of makeup is gone. I've tried The Body Shop's camomile cleansing oil, but prefer the butter as it's less messy. Highly recommend as I wouldn't use anything else to take off my makeup.

on 8/26/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleansing butter. Smells nice, feels soft and removes all my make-up. Another plus is that you can rinse it off with water, which is impossible for a lot of other cleansing butters. And: no break-outs! I think I've used up 10 tins in total, and I will continue buying it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic cleanser. Thoroughly cleans face leaving it smooth & feeling absolutely beautiful. Definitely my go to cleanser from now on. Highly recommended.