The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 11/27/2016 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is fabulous. It's every bit as good as similar products I use from Clinique or Clarins but so much less expensive, especially with the great value deals that The Body Shop often has (buy 3, get 3, etc.). This removes every trace of makeup, including my eye makeup, and it is so gentle and pleasant to use and yet thorough. I remove it with a muslin cloth or an ordinary face cloth wrung out in warm water. A really great product!

on 4/24/2016 6:28:00 PM

This is a great product, similar to the popular Korean cleansing balms without the price tag. Its very effective, gently and emulsifies well. Most of the time you can get some kind of a deal and I got this at 40% off, give this a go, you can't go wrong. The ingredients could be higher quality and there could be some skincare benefits but for the price, its super gentle and very effective. You need a pea sized amount and extra marks for being packaged in a metal tin. Most of these things are in plastic containers which leaches chemicals into the product making it rancid.

on 8/7/2017 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A great dupe for Clinique's TTDO Cleansing Balm! Quite literally exactly the same product - colour, texture and performance-wise.
Except far cheaper!

+ Great for travelling. Solid balm that melts into an oil upon touch. Slim tub, fits into toiletries bag nicely.
+ Very effective make up and sunscreen remover
+ I love the way it feels on the skin upon melting
+ Good value. Only AUD$23 for 100ml (as oppose to Clinique's at AUD$34 with the same amount of product and a chunkier tub)

- For those who like fabulous ingredients in cleansers, this is not for you... it's just a basic balm cleanser :)

Would definitely buy again. Still have a tub left, except now I save it for travels!

on 11/25/2013 10:03:00 AM

Holy Grail Alert for make-up remover.
This is my favourite make-up remover at the moment and I feel it is going to stay that way for a while. It does not break out or sting my very sensitive skin or eyes, does not aggravate my redness, removes heavy make-up and waterproof eye make-up easily and rinses out well.

I was using TBS Shiso cleansing oil before this but it blurred my vision badly if I used it on my eyes, and it also stang my eyes a little bit. This butter has a lovely, soft texture that turns into oil – it is lighter than Shiso- melts my makeup and I can wash it off my skin easily – though I go for a second round of cleansing due to my new friend acne. It doesn’t clog my pores (lots of other products do). I prefer a thick, almost rubbery waterproof mascara for everyday use and this butter sweeps it away easily whereas a lot of liquid eye make-up removers struggle with it. I love its smooth texture, love the fact that it is in a tin and do not mind the smell.

Highly recommended both for eyes and face.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

As busy as hell traveling software trainer who has to be flawless daily, this makes night time cleansing so fun. I love the light smell and helps me to calm my nerves and senses! I love the container as I know it won't come out while it's in transit--have to love how American Airlines destroys your luggage.This is my first step in my double cleanse nightly. I have tried other balms the Clinque one and Pixi which are both great but this one just does something to my soul. Maybe it's the scent or the the texture but it's a luxe experience for a first time body shop user.

on 4/12/2017 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG I love this stuff. If you would have told me a year ago I would be using an oil/balm on my face I wouldn't have believed it. I have oily/dehydrated/acne prone skin and this doesn't break me out. However, I do always follow with a second cleanser because it does leave a slight film. It's just so soft and relaxing to use. It melts all my make up right off. All i need is a dime sized amount and it gets the job done. And a huge plus for me is it's so reasonably priced compared to the other balm cleansers on the market.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My newest obsession is cleansing balms. I love this product as much as the very expensive It Cosmetics 3 in 1 Bye Bye Makeup Balm. The tin is a bit hard to open but I do appreciate that this will be sturdy for travel. I apply a small amount on my fingertips and massage into my face for a couple of minutes. This feels amazing, not greasy, super hydrating and breaks down all makeup easily, including waterproof mascara. The balm rinses away easily too although I follow up with my Clarisonic and a creamy hydrating gentle cleanser, just a personal preference when I've worn makeup. On non-makeup days I still use this at night but skip the follow up cleanser so I don't strip my skin unnecessarily. Skin feels soft and supple. If you haven't tried a cleansing balm I recommend this one.

on 4/24/2016 5:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been reading up quite a bit on skin care recently and the wonderful Caroline Hirons recommends this on her blog as a budget version of cleansing balms.

It's not strong smelling, feels very smoothing on the skin, and I really enjoy using it. I use it every evening, and in the morning if my skin is feeling a bit sensitive.

I massage a small amount into dry skin-the balm quickly turns into a milky oil upon contact with the skin. Then I use a warm (not hot!) flannel to wash it off. I give it a couple of goes with the flannel to make sure I get it all off. It doesn't leave a residue.

It's mild enough to use on the eyelids without causing irritation in my experience. Once the balm has turned to an oil I use a bit to massage into my eyelashes and I find it removes mascara very well (I don't wear waterproof, so I can't tell you if it works well on that).

The tin it comes in is very handy for travelling, and I don't find it a bind at all to open and dispense product. Some people may be put off by putting their hands into the product. Considering I wash my hands before I clean my face (obvs!) and I store this in a cool dry place, I don't see an issue with this.

I'd recommend this for anyone making their first foray into cleansing balms, as well as anyone looking for a decent cleanser for a decent price.

on 1/3/2016 9:10:00 PM

I absolutely love this cleansing balm for makeup removal. It is similar in concept to Clinique's Take The Day Off or Eve Lom's balm, but it doesn't leave an oily residue or weird film. It is a clear balm that comes in a screw top tin. It removes my makeup quickly, effectively and gently, including eye makeup.

I apply it to my skin (I don't add water at this point and I don't use a cloth) and gently massage my face with my fingers it til it dissolves my makeup. Then I rinse it off with water and follow up with another cleanser to do a double cleanse. It lasts a long time, as well. I use this about 5 days a week and am only about 1/5 way in. I would absolutely repurchase and consider this to be a holy grail product.

on 6/15/2015 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have not tried any cleansing butter before and only picked this one up as there was a 3 for 2 in The Body Shop and didn't know what else to purchase. I am so glad that I picked this up as I would not have picked it up for any other reason than it being in the offer.

I love this product, I comes in great packaging, smells nice and works well (what more could you want from a product).

So the product looks almost waxy in the tin but when its worked into your hands it turns into an oily consistence which goes onto skin nicely. I only use this with my hands to put on and wash off and find that it still removes my makeup, I have not tried it with a cloth to remove.

When washing off it does leave a silky film over the skin which I guess from reading other reviews is not great for everyone, but I feel that this helps to moisturise the skin, however I do feel that I need to still moisturise after as I have very dry skin.

Only a small amount of product is needed each time so although it may seem pricey it does last a long time.

Before showering I use a face wipe to take the majority of my makeup off and then use this to take the rest off and find that it does, and when washing it off my face I can see the foundation patches of water in the shower from my makeup (gross I know but highly satisfying).

I love this product and will defiantly continue to repurchase it and so glad I picked it up on a whim.

I have a video review of this if you would find it helpful: