The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Filtered by age: 25-29
The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Synthetic Wax (Binder/Emollient), PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (Skin Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Emollient), Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster).

on 8/25/2018 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is AMAZING! Ok, so I’ve been reading that people use this for all over the face, I tried but I was not a fan of the texture on my face and made me iffy buuuut this stuff is the best as an eye makeup remover. A little does go a long way, so I grab a tad bit and massage it over my eye makeup and it just melts off everything (glitter, eyeshadow, gel liner, mascara) and with one swipe everything comes off. Seriously this stuff is so so good. I highly recommend. You won’t regret it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful balm cleanser!! Perfect for double cleansing ❤️

on 4/2/2018 4:18:00 PM

Mixed feelings about this one. It's a good cleanser, leaving the face super clean and soft. But it made me break out like crazy and I am still dealing with the cystic acne I got after using this product for a couple of weeks only. Might be a better option for ladies with dry or medium skin.

on 2/23/2018 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This has gotten such good reviews compared to TTDO from Clinique that I was sure I was going to love it, but that didn't happen.

I have rated TTDO a 4/5, because it cleans slightly worse than my favorite makeup remover, and it costs more, however, it's a decent cleansing balm. The Chamomile cleaning balm however, does not work well for me. It cleans worse that TTDO - I tested this by swiping my face with a cotton pad with toner after washing my face, after using TTDO and the Chamomile Butter, and the pad had way more makeup on it when I used this. I use quite a few long-wearing, waterproof, heavy products, and I need a really good makeup remover to keep my skin in good condition.

Generally, I'm left with an oily layer of some kind of residue on my face when I use this balm, and the layer is hard to get off even with forming cleanser. Those with dehydrated or really dry skin might like this residue, but I don't, because it means my makeup is not fully removed.

Further, I really dislike the smell of this. I generally avoid perfume in skin care, but this was a particularly offensive smell to me; when I open the box, I can smell this from a couple of feet away. It's heavily fragranced, the perfume stings my eyes when I use it to remove my mascara, and it gets into my mouth when removing lipstick, and tastes nasty - I don't want to taste perfume when removing my makeup!

Lastly, the price of this is about half of TTDO, but the amount you get is also about half, so I'm not feeling I'm getting a much better deal price-wise. Also, I bought this to travel with, as it is not a liquid, however, I think the TTDO Balm might be better in this case: it stays solid up to a higher temperature and has a more secure lid. The Chamomile Butter liquefies quite easily (handy when you are at home though), and I can't say I trust the container to not leak if the cleanser melts. EDIT: I had this with me in hot weather. I was right: it meted and leaked out of the tin...

on 1/10/2018 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This did not remove my eye-makeup. It just smears it around my face. It also left an oily film after I rinsed my face. But it smells good :)

To start, I'm one of those ladies who uses things like coconut oil and a washable make-up wipe (think knock-off makeup eraser cloth) to remove my makeup/skincare at the end of the day. But I was feeling indulgent one day so I picked up this butter/balm to test out.

This cleansing butter smells very nice, and it I found that it definitely worked at removing my makeup, including mascara (not the waterproof variety, I don't own any so I don't know how well it works on that). I found that I did have to work it into my eyeliner for that to come off easily.

I bought this during one of the Body Shop's sales, a few months back. It lasted me about 4 months, which in my opinion, is not a very long time. This could also be due to the fact that I found I had to use a lot of the butter to get enough of it on my face to work, I used about the size of a walnut.

It did rinse away nicely though, like most cleansing oils, it rinsed away cleanly in a milky texture taking the makeup/residue with it, I found that it left my skin feeling a tad dry after rinsing, but my biggest issue with this cleansing butter is that it made my eyes burn something fierce every time I used it. I did not like that about it, and for that reason alone I would not repurchase.

I'm off to try some other cleansing oils/balms. Or maybe just stick to my tried and true methods.

on 8/26/2017 9:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleansing butter. Smells nice, feels soft and removes all my make-up. Another plus is that you can rinse it off with water, which is impossible for a lot of other cleansing butters. And: no break-outs! I think I've used up 10 tins in total, and I will continue buying it.

on 8/7/2017 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A great dupe for Clinique's TTDO Cleansing Balm! Quite literally exactly the same product - colour, texture and performance-wise.
Except far cheaper!

+ Great for travelling. Solid balm that melts into an oil upon touch. Slim tub, fits into toiletries bag nicely.
+ Very effective make up and sunscreen remover
+ I love the way it feels on the skin upon melting
+ Good value. Only AUD$23 for 100ml (as oppose to Clinique's at AUD$34 with the same amount of product and a chunkier tub)

- For those who like fabulous ingredients in cleansers, this is not for you... it's just a basic balm cleanser :)

Would definitely buy again. Still have a tub left, except now I save it for travels!

on 5/28/2017 12:29:00 PM

This is my go-to balm cleanser as a cheaper alternative to Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm (and a more animal-friendly alternative).
I use this as the first cleanse to remove makeup and SPF. It's really good at that taking off the most stubborn mascara, gel eyeliner and long-wearing waterproof foundation. I don't think this is meant to be more that a make-up and SPF remover and a real SKIN cleanser as it is really rich and balmy for that. Does not contain much beneficial ingredients for the skin to be that either. Take it off with a warm water soaked washcloth (because I am not human able to remove this with just running water, if you can - you are a better human than me!)
I follow up with a cream non-foamy cleanser and my skincare routine and it's just beautiful and lovely.
This is my second jar. One lasts you pretty long since you don't need much - just a fingernail full. And I have two stashed as a backup because I refuse to be left without this in the near foreseeable future.

on 5/4/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is absolutely wonderful! Smells like fluffy towels indeed and looks/feels like solidified coconut oil. You only need a small amount for the whole face, doesn't irritate at all and melts even the most stubborn makeup immediately. Gentle on the eyes too. I just massage it on dry skin and rinse. Then I follow with a foaming cleanser since I don't feel comfortable with leaving anything remotely oily on my face but that's personal preference.

I have tried the infamous Clinique Take the day off balm and it does exactly the same job but Camomile Butter smells better, comes in a more compact tub and costs less. Also it's less messy and overall more pleasant to use than oil makeup removers. Doesn't even need any disposable cotton pads or flannels the need to been washed afterwards like milk cleansers.

Have been using it for over a year, have many other cleansers/makeup removers around as I love trying new products but nothing has even come close.