Frankincense Essential Oil

4.5

on 7/4/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am on my second bottle of this stuff and I had been using for at least 8months. Admittedly I have mainly used it in my room diffuser as it is great to help me relax and ruminate, it also blends great with other essential oils, but this is about the skin.

I used to add a few drops to my homemade facial oil blend for fragrance purposes. Then I forgot to add to my last batch. Over the course of a few months my unevenness of skin tone became apparent, my monthly chin/jaw spots became larger and I even began to research retinol products to combat my spots and the aging that I am starting to notice.

It wasn't until recently I have been having moisture barrier/zit issues, due to testing various SS, that I revisited my facial oil blend. On a whim I added max amount of 2% (approx. 8 drops in 10ml) in my organic carrier blend I mix, as I wanted to chill the f-out about my face. I didn't patch test because I have used it before and I was despondant about my face (not advised, please blend 1-2% in a pre-tested carrier oil, only make the smallest amount and patch test. Please)

Well after a few days all I can say is "ohhh that was what was missing". Went straight online to research Frankincense oil and well if its good enough for Jesus....no seriously, this stuff is anti bacterial, anti inflammatory, ci-something-or-other meaning it helps cell communication to stay healthy AND contributes to lightening up the dark marks post zit-gate and even sun spots over time. It is also an astringent, so tones, lifts and even keeps pore walls toned so has a positive effect on those. What's not to love?

As it is summer right now at night I am using a few drops mixed with a pea sized blob of Aloe Vera Gel (Dr Organic, another HG). I use this after my first essence and lotion (Japanese) and before my moisturising step. AM I use 1 drop mixed with AVG let that soak in before I apply SS.

My skin is looking brighter, zit life is greatly reduced, fewer zits, my nasal-labial (is that right? I'm not talking about my lady parts) lines are not so noticeable. Some older PIH marks have gone, and my recent breakout the intensity of PIH is not so dark. Like they have already faded for a couple of months.

This is a heaver hitter in my skincare arsenal. So now I would term this a HG for me. All hail.

I bought 20% frankincense oil in grape seed oil and have been putting 2 drops in my serum day and night. Upon first application, I saw a difference in my skin. It brightened up and looked more radiant. I was surprised because no essential oil has done this before. After one day, my face looked radiant. After 4 days, my age spots are fading. I am so happy I found this essential oil! I'm seeing better results than when I use retinol serums. And quicker results too. I'm now exploring all types of essential oils and what they can do for health and beauty.

Just bought my bottle of doterra frankincense !!! So excited. Finally coughed up the preposterous amount of money for a little 5ml bottle. I am excited though as I understand that this oil has been used for beauty purposes for centuries... Even before the BC. I plan to pour a drop and use it as my under eye cream (one drop for both eyes) and see if there are any significant changes to the severe blue undertone under my eyes. They're not baggy, just dark circles. We will see... High hopes !

on 11/23/2013 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Morning and night I mix 2 or 3 drops of doTERRA frankincense oil into my moisturizer. It is the closest thing to a "miracle treatment" for my skin that I think I will ever find. It normalizes my combination skin through all seasons, improves my skin texture, and gives my face a radiance and clarity that just amazes me. It has even eliminated my blackheads! This is an HG product for me for sure.

There is a lack of good research on the benefits frankincense oil offers for the skin, so try this with that in mind. There is anecdotal evidence, but not much more in my eyes. Still, I started using it on the recommendation of my good friend who is a naturopath. I really did not expect it to be so transformative and there is a noticeable difference in my skin if I do not use it for awhile.

There are some drawbacks that I want to mention. First, the price. This brand is between $60 and $75 for 15mL if purchased through Amazon or at rep cost, which will be unpalatable for some. I will say that one 15 mL bottle lasts about two months for me using 4 to 6 drops total per day. The effect on my skin is well worth the price to me, personally.

The scent may be off-putting to some as well. Since this is a pure essential oil, the fragrance is very strong. It is a woodsy, incense-like smell. I happen to love it though! Frankincense is used in Catholic and other religious services so some of you may recognize it from that. The fragrance lasts and I can smell it ever so slightly even 2 to 3 hours after makeup application. Others around me can't smell it, but I can.

It is a potent essential oil, so it should be applied with moisturizer or carrier oil to the skin, not on its own. I have sensitive skin and applying it with my moisturizer has never given me a reaction.

If you are interested in trying frankincense essential oil, I highly recommend a reputable brand like doTERRA. It is potent and pure. There are a couple other high quality essential oil brands so do your research if do TERRA is not for you! Generic brands may have other oils, fragrances or alcohols mixed in. You want 100% pure frankincense essential oil and I would be cautious if trying to reduce the price by buying something lower quality.

I told my sister about this and it has had the same effect for her!