Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

3.8

Ensulizole (3%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylene, Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Sodium Benzoate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was the best my skin had ever looked in my life.....until the cystic acne started rearing it's ugly head....why me....why?????

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a naturally very oily T zone and this foundation could not stand up to it. I eventually ended up setting it aside until recently when my skin became much drier due to chemical peels. I don't have issues with oil breakthrough anymore, but this foundation really highlights the flakiness from my peels. I don't fault this foundation because I can see it working for those with normal to slightly oily skin without textural imperfections. I never experienced oxidation with this and the shade "nude beige" was a reasonably good match for my NC25 skin. I like the pump packaging, but now that I'm nearing the end of the bottle, it won't pump out anymore and I can see that there is still quite a bit of product left.

on 3/12/2017 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Covergirl and I could not see eye to eye because in the past, the shade selection was bizarre. These days, I am beginning to like the company more and more. Starting with the mascaras and then eyeshadow palettes, Covergirl is no longer the teenagers' makeup. This foundation doesn't cater to yellow undertones much, but luckily, I matched perfectly with 824 or Medium Beige. MAC calls me NC30. As an oily girl, I am used to makeup melting on me so I didn't even try using this without a primer. This is despite the fact that supposedly, this makeup has a primer component. I used NYX clear primer and the results were awesome. The foundation lasted on my face the whole day. Comparing this to Colorstay, I have to say, I do like the color much better. A winner in my diary!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Super pricey foundation for drugstore. I expect the quality to go up if the prices are going up too because it's not fair that drugstore products are becoming less & less affordable.

I got the shade golden tan as I have yellow undertones. Is the shade a perfect fit? Nope. Not golden at all. It's very orangey.
Moving on to the next point, I have severe oily skin. Nothing holds up against the oils of my face. I must say I was impressed that this held up for a while before the oils broke it apart. I was an oil slick by the end of the day. That has pretty much happened to any foundation I've worn on my face, but if you have oily skin you'll still get at least a few hours of matte skin with this.
The finish is satin/matte. It sets to a powder finish as well and can be prone to looking cakey if you blotchy or textured skin as I do.

Was this worth the price tag? It wasn't the best but I liked it more than other drugstore foundations I've tried. I just hated how orange the shade was. I would buy this again but I'd prefer to try something else.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Like most all Covergirl foundations, they've added fragrance. If Covergirl would start using vanilla extract or something instead, I'd be more willing to use them since at least that isn't volatile. I first tried this out a few years ago now before my knowledge of ingredient lists was very well-rounded. The formulation has not changed at all since I bought it on sale last week. At least other Covergirl foundations have a good formula and look and feel to them. This, however, does not. The yellowy shades are not yellow enough for my undertones and they set to a pinker/redder/orangey color. Then, throughout thr day, it oxidizes darker. The coverage is not good for a "concealer" foundation even when you layer and cake it on. It's enough to even out the skintone but dark circles, freckles, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, etc show through. Also, even layered lightly, this foundation looks like a mask. What's worse is that this transfers worse than cream stage makeup even when you set with powder. You can bake it, but then you'd be left with rough-looking skin. Lastly, the ingredients are atrocious. Years ago I saw it made my skin more red and made my breakouts worse and I still find that true today. It's enough fragrance that it stings around the eyes. Maybe I'm squeamish but I can feel the damage on my cells. I don't remember if the active changed but it still doesn't have broad spectrum SPF but it is a "chemical" or "synthetic" SPF and it does sting the eyes(or skin if you're sensitive/allergic to it) more than "mineral" SPF. And it's not even broad spectrum, at the very least, knowing it would protect a little bit from the sun would've justified that. There are a lot better foundations with SPF in the drugstore that cover better than this and don't have terrible ingredients and also a lot of foundations that cover more than this, tend to look more like skin, and have better lasting power. Maybelline Dream Velvet, Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse, L'Oreal Infallible(all of them have better coverage, but Total Cover is my favorite), L'Oreal True Match, Maybelline Better Skin. If you want to shell out more cash for a med-full and SPF, Tarte Amazonian and Clinique Repairwear are ones I love mixing together. I originally tried this because of the ease of availability and because of all the great Youtube reviews. They must have had perfect skin or great lighting because this does not look as good in person or even with average lighting.

I'm really torn about this foundation. On one hand it looks great when you first apply it and when I first bought it it was because a girl I worked with looked amazing in it. However my personal experience has had a lot of cons.

First of all it oxidizes and turns orangey. I found it quite depressing to look in my car mirror and suddenly realize I'm erring on the orange side of things.

It also had a tendency to emphasize lines and aging and can get cakey with touch ups.

The worst part was it cause my skin to breakout more than I had in years. I actually hadn't broken out aside from the occasional period pimple before I used this foundation so that is why I ultimately discontinued use.

I have "normal" skin with a dry patch every now and then, and I LOVE this foundation. It provides what I would call medium coverage and looks totally natural. I applied with my beauty blender and I got compliments on how I looked so awake and glowing. The only thing I don't like is that the pump can get a little dirty.

on 2/25/2017 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Pros:
- Good Coverage
- It's a matte finish. I start to get oily after 3 hours, but it's clearly a foundation for normal to oily skin
- You can do touch ups without looking too heavy

Cons:
- Shades. I choose buff beige and it's still too pink. All shades are too pink !
- It oxidizes
- It breaks and looks a little cakey after I start to get oily, but I can work around that
- Doesn't stay put all day, on the t-zone after one day I don't much foundation on
- If you have a pimple, I still had to use concealer
- Price: I had to ship it from the US, so it has a expensive foundation for me for what it actually did. I won't buy it again for that reason, there are foundations on the drugstore that do the same job for a cheaper price

on 2/23/2017 5:27:00 AM

I have read good things about this foundation, and therefore felt confident about trying it myself as a possible replacement for Estée Lauder Double Wear. ELDW has not played as nicely on my mature skin in the last couple of years, so I felt the time was right to give CG Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 a go. However, this product was just a mess on my skin.

There was a faintly paint-like smell in the bottle, but this faded very quickly once pumped onto the back of my hand. Initial application was easy (either by brush or by blending sponge) as the product could be dotted in various areas of my face and it remained "wet" and blendable for the few minutes it took me to work around all my face. However, the initial finish was not pleasing. While it achieved a nice natural sheen (neither too matte nor too dewy), it seemed somehow to magnify every current hormonal blemish, every line and wrinkle, every pore, and every bit of uneven texture resulting from a lifetime of adult acne. In order to achieve a solid medium coverage, I had to double layer it in my problem areas, which led to a thick, cakey appearance. I persevered, thinking it may settle with wear, so I went ahead and applied one of several different setting powders, before adding blush, eyes and lips.

Without exception, no matter what products I used to prep/prime or set, within 30 minutes or less my face had turned a vibrant shade of something between peach and coral. I've never experienced such dramatic oxidation in such a short space of time. The worst oxidation was when I applied this foundation on top of my beloved Eve Pearl Priming Moisturising Treatment.

Every time I have worn this foundation, I have removed it as soon as I returned home because the oxidation and cake-face were just awful. Hence I can't comment on how long it wears because I've never managed to tolerate it for more than three hours' wear.

It's possible that this foundation may work well for someone on the drier side of combo/normal, and who has a younger, perfectly smooth, poreless skin to begin with. Sadly, that person is not me.

Cons:
- Does not sit well on my skin without a primer.
- Oxidises to various shades of orange when used with a primer - have tried quite a few different primers and sunscreens and have not found one which doesn't show this effect.
- Settles into lines, especially the deeper expression lines on the forehead and alongside the nose/mouth.
- Emphasises any uneveness in skin texture. This becomes even more pronounced when adding a second layer in areas where more coverage is needed.
- It seems to "repel" setting powders - it does this odd thing where the powders just sit visibly on top of the foundation, looking caked, thick, and pore-magnifying. I've tried four different loose and pressed powders without success.

Pros:
Love the pump packaging
Good blending time - does not dry down or "set" too quickly
Nice texture when dispensed - not too thick and not too runny.
Medium coverage out of the bottle, buildable to medium-full with a second layer. However, see "cons" above.

Overall, I can't recommend this product because I have not been able to get it to work for me at all, despite combining it with a variety of primers and setting products.

on 2/9/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I tried this foundation by accident, actually borrowed from my daughter's friend. My go-to foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear. Cover Girl Outlast is much more blendable, and the coverage is similar. It doesn't seem to last as long, but that is fine for my purposes. I didn't need any moisturizer or primer, which is different from Double Wear which is a bit too dry for my at times. Outlast is a bit thicker, which can be good or bad depending on what you like or want. The packaging is pretty good, better than some department store foundations. I find one pump is a bit too much, however. It would be nice to have more shade selection, but for this price I will not complain. An excellent value overall.