Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

3.8

Ensulizole (3%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylene, Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Sodium Benzoate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 6/13/2017 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Four years ago I wrote a glowing, five lippies review for this product. I deleted that review and now, I am downgrading this to one lipstick because either CG changed the formula or my skin changed, this has became awful. I bought a third bottle of Creamy Natural #850. The formula has became thinner, had a smell like sunscreen, and turned really orange after five minutes. And it wasn't comfortable anymore. It itches, and I had to wash it off. Won't be buying this again. Too bad, CG has a lot of pink shades, but they turned various shades of orange.

on 5/28/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the idea and shade selection (many pink shades yay!) and the pump........ and I guess it's more long lasting than some. But to say it can be used as a concealer is laughable at best. This formula to me is thin and not easily blendable which is weird cuz usually thicker foundations are harder to blend. Coverage is medium I'd say at best. Plus I sweated it off! I'd recommend Mac Pro longwear nourishing (drier skin) or hourglass immaculate (oiler skin) for longevity, but both of those formulas are so good they work whether I'm having an oily or dry skin day (severe combo skin w simultaneous oily and flaky patches), and they don't sweat off. I wouldn't buy this again and will probably give it to my daughter or trash it before I use much more of it. Oh well it was cheap. Just the shades are so perfect for my pink skin!!!

on 5/8/2017 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I gave this product a fair chance before I decided it wasn't for me. So I have a very oily skin and it would be a joke to think that this product would last on me without a primer. To be fair, it lasted on my skin for long hours but looked very unnatural. The problem with CG foundations is mainly the shade selection. The yellows all have a peach or orange undertone. I tried several shades on my NC30 skin and literally, none worked. Other than the shades, the product doesn't melt on the skin. It just sits on top. It is like having a mask on.

on 5/7/2017 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

It's a pretty good product for drugstore, good coverage as concealer, doesn't make me too oily. The long lasting claim is a lie though, even with great primers, it still rubs off and cakes around my blemishes. So it's pretty good, I just think for about $20 (aud) I could buy a better foundation for just a little more and it actually be worth it and looks good.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I find this to be very mediocre. The good is that it is indeed long lasting. The not so good is that it oxidizes like crazy (@least on me), it clings to dry patches and the coverage is medium.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My friends loved this foundation and reccomended it to me, but they both have dry to normal skin. I had tried a little before at their houses and it looked nice and just recently I purchased it. However, we all agree the formula is a lot more liquid-y than before their "new packaging". I tried it out anyway and it wasn't nearly as great and it oxydized to orange pretty noticibly :( so i returned it and will more than likely not re-purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was the best my skin had ever looked in my life.....until the cystic acne started rearing it's ugly head....why me....why?????

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a naturally very oily T zone and this foundation could not stand up to it. I eventually ended up setting it aside until recently when my skin became much drier due to chemical peels. I don't have issues with oil breakthrough anymore, but this foundation really highlights the flakiness from my peels. I don't fault this foundation because I can see it working for those with normal to slightly oily skin without textural imperfections. I never experienced oxidation with this and the shade "nude beige" was a reasonably good match for my NC25 skin. I like the pump packaging, but now that I'm nearing the end of the bottle, it won't pump out anymore and I can see that there is still quite a bit of product left.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Super pricey foundation for drugstore. I expect the quality to go up if the prices are going up too because it's not fair that drugstore products are becoming less & less affordable.

I got the shade golden tan as I have yellow undertones. Is the shade a perfect fit? Nope. Not golden at all. It's very orangey.
Moving on to the next point, I have severe oily skin. Nothing holds up against the oils of my face. I must say I was impressed that this held up for a while before the oils broke it apart. I was an oil slick by the end of the day. That has pretty much happened to any foundation I've worn on my face, but if you have oily skin you'll still get at least a few hours of matte skin with this.
The finish is satin/matte. It sets to a powder finish as well and can be prone to looking cakey if you blotchy or textured skin as I do.

Was this worth the price tag? It wasn't the best but I liked it more than other drugstore foundations I've tried. I just hated how orange the shade was. I would buy this again but I'd prefer to try something else.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Like most all Covergirl foundations, they've added fragrance. If Covergirl would start using vanilla extract or something instead, I'd be more willing to use them since at least that isn't volatile. I first tried this out a few years ago now before my knowledge of ingredient lists was very well-rounded. The formulation has not changed at all since I bought it on sale last week. At least other Covergirl foundations have a good formula and look and feel to them. This, however, does not. The yellowy shades are not yellow enough for my undertones and they set to a pinker/redder/orangey color. Then, throughout thr day, it oxidizes darker. The coverage is not good for a "concealer" foundation even when you layer and cake it on. It's enough to even out the skintone but dark circles, freckles, blemishes, hyperpigmentation, etc show through. Also, even layered lightly, this foundation looks like a mask. What's worse is that this transfers worse than cream stage makeup even when you set with powder. You can bake it, but then you'd be left with rough-looking skin. Lastly, the ingredients are atrocious. Years ago I saw it made my skin more red and made my breakouts worse and I still find that true today. It's enough fragrance that it stings around the eyes. Maybe I'm squeamish but I can feel the damage on my cells. I don't remember if the active changed but it still doesn't have broad spectrum SPF but it is a "chemical" or "synthetic" SPF and it does sting the eyes(or skin if you're sensitive/allergic to it) more than "mineral" SPF. And it's not even broad spectrum, at the very least, knowing it would protect a little bit from the sun would've justified that. There are a lot better foundations with SPF in the drugstore that cover better than this and don't have terrible ingredients and also a lot of foundations that cover more than this, tend to look more like skin, and have better lasting power. Maybelline Dream Velvet, Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse, L'Oreal Infallible(all of them have better coverage, but Total Cover is my favorite), L'Oreal True Match, Maybelline Better Skin. If you want to shell out more cash for a med-full and SPF, Tarte Amazonian and Clinique Repairwear are ones I love mixing together. I originally tried this because of the ease of availability and because of all the great Youtube reviews. They must have had perfect skin or great lighting because this does not look as good in person or even with average lighting.