Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

3.8

Ensulizole (3%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylene, Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Sodium Benzoate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

The only two foundations I've really used have been Covergirl Outlast 3in1 and Covergirl clean wear foundation. In this one, I am shade 905 and in the other, 510. Personally, I find they wear very lightly on the skin, with buildable coverage. I never find that I look cakey, especially when my skin is feeling and looking drier than usual. I generally apply with a damp BB or just a regular foundation brush. I've never had any issues with breakouts, sweating the product off on a hot summers day, or the wear of it just not lasting nicely. I always use a primer (NYX photoready or maybeline primemaster blur+illuminating) and it always wears very very nicely. The only issue I do find is the foundation (because it has SPF) has a quite a bit of flashback! I would love it if it didn't but the spf is a must have for me, so it usually is not a problem.

on 9/5/2017 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA: Think my breakout may not have been caused by this foundation, but a food I introduced at the same time. Going to eliminate it and try this again and see, since its such a great foundation for oily skin
-------------------------
This is a great foundation if you can find a good color match for your undertone, if you are oily, and if it doesn't bother your skin.

I found the shade nude beige 832 to match my yellow undertone perfectly, and unlike others, it didn't oxidize on me. It was also a tad lighter than my skin, so I think that was part of it. I also usually set my foundation with a powder that is a tad lighter too, so take that into consideration. My face matched my neck just fine. This doesn't have any smell that I could find, and I'm really sensitive to that. It's creamy, not too thick, not too thin so you can build up coverage, it feels light on the skin, can come off a bit powdery once set - mostly because this has talc and silica in it - so it works VERY well for keeping shine at bay. Probably one of the best foundations I've tried that kept me matte for 4 hours. I'm usually shiny by hour 2. Also another pro - it washes off very easily compared to other "full coverage" foundations. This was a huge plus for me.

Unfortunately, after just two full days of wearing this foundation - this product wrecked a bit of havoc on my skin by little whiteheads all over. A few on my forehead, which I never get - usually only from a skin product - and then I got a TON of inflamed whiteheads in the area all around my nose. My skin started to look really inflamed. I believe either the sunscreen or the talc in this is clogging my pores. So bummed, I love the matte look of this foundation, but it is not for me. Back to NYX Total Control (HG foundation) - and possibly a mattifying primer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Blech. The packaging with the pump is nice, but the product inside is not very noteworthy. It was chalky and cakey-looking, which no one wants from a foundation. Some things from CoverGirl are pretty decent for the price, but this is not one of them. Look elsewhere if you want a medium coverage foundation in a pump bottle.

on 8/24/2017 9:07:00 PM

One of the drugstore's most full coverage foundation ..keeps me matte FOREVER

on 8/24/2017 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay.... I don't want to speak too soon, but I think I might just have found my HG foundation. This foundation is amazing! I bought it because I've been looking for a new foundation and there were lots of rave reviews on YouTube about this one, so I wanted to see for myself if it was worth all the hype.

What I tend to look for in a foundation is good coverage (for all my hyperpigmentation and post acne marks), matte finish (for my oily skin), long wearing, but lightweight and natural looking. I love a no makeup makeup look.

Now, onto the foundation itself: this foundation fulfils basically all of those prerequisites. It has good coverage - I would say medium, but buildable. It definitely conceals my hyperpigmentation and scarring well. The finish is very matte and it keeps me shine-free almost all day! After a few hours, I will need to blot a little, but only just around my nose - everywhere else remains looking fresh and matte. That hasn't happened to me with any other foundation so far.

Also, this foundation lasts really long without looking cakey or flaking off. I think the longest I've worn it is 11 hours, and it held up beautifully with the coverage still there. And the best part is that it does indeed look quite natural - which I love.

The price (here in Trinidad where I live) is a bit steep, but you know what? For the quality of this product, I'd say it's worth the splurge. And the packaging is wonderful. Of course, we all love it when the bottle has a pump, so kudos to CoverGirl for that. Plus, I think the bottle is just really cute. I like that it has a blue cover - so many foundations come with a black cover, so I thought the blue was very original and makes it stand out. The shade range is good, except they don't have a ton of dark shades. I have the shade 842 Medium Beige and it matches me pretty well.

Bottom line: this is a drugstore dream - I absolutely love this foundation, it's gorgeous and it makes my skin look fabulous! Will definitely be repurchasing when my bottle finishes. Thanks CoverGirl!

on 8/4/2017 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation is horrible. I tried it with a beauty blender, and its so patchy and hard to blend, coverage isnt there and its just terrible, nothing from covergirl works for me at all

on 8/4/2017 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is a very nice foundation. i got it 832 nude beige and it's a pretty good match for my skintone (mac nc 20). this foundation definitely lives up to its hype. it covers well (buildable medium coverage), has a thick consistency but feels really lightweight, lasts a long time, has a nice matte finish, blends well, fragrance free and comes in a nice glass bottle with a pump! if you have dry skin, you might wanna put a moisturizer before putting this on as it can cling to dry patches but is non-drying nonetheless. all in all, it's a great foundation. especially for the price. would repurchase it.

on 6/13/2017 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Four years ago I wrote a glowing, five lippies review for this product. I deleted that review and now, I am downgrading this to one lipstick because either CG changed the formula or my skin changed, this has became awful. I bought a third bottle of Creamy Natural #850. The formula has became thinner, had a smell like sunscreen, and turned really orange after five minutes. And it wasn't comfortable anymore. It itches, and I had to wash it off. Won't be buying this again. Too bad, CG has a lot of pink shades, but they turned various shades of orange.

on 5/28/2017 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like the idea and shade selection (many pink shades yay!) and the pump........ and I guess it's more long lasting than some. But to say it can be used as a concealer is laughable at best. This formula to me is thin and not easily blendable which is weird cuz usually thicker foundations are harder to blend. Coverage is medium I'd say at best. Plus I sweated it off! I'd recommend Mac Pro longwear nourishing (drier skin) or hourglass immaculate (oiler skin) for longevity, but both of those formulas are so good they work whether I'm having an oily or dry skin day (severe combo skin w simultaneous oily and flaky patches), and they don't sweat off. I wouldn't buy this again and will probably give it to my daughter or trash it before I use much more of it. Oh well it was cheap. Just the shades are so perfect for my pink skin!!!

on 5/8/2017 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I gave this product a fair chance before I decided it wasn't for me. So I have a very oily skin and it would be a joke to think that this product would last on me without a primer. To be fair, it lasted on my skin for long hours but looked very unnatural. The problem with CG foundations is mainly the shade selection. The yellows all have a peach or orange undertone. I tried several shades on my NC30 skin and literally, none worked. Other than the shades, the product doesn't melt on the skin. It just sits on top. It is like having a mask on.