Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

3.8

Ensulizole (3%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18, PVP, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylene, Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Arachidyl Behenate, Methicone, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Sodium Benzoate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ethylene Brassylate, Behenic Acid, Polyethylene, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 2/25/2017 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Background: I've extremely oily skin on my t-zone with mix dry patches, and a couple of hormonal blemishes from time to time and rosacea.

Pros:
- Good Coverage
- It's a matte finish. I start to get oily after 3 hours, but it's clearly a foundation for normal to oily skin
- You can do touch ups without looking too heavy

Cons:
- Shades. I choose buff beige and it's still too pink. All shades are too pink !
- It oxidizes
- It breaks and looks a little cakey after I start to get oily, but I can work around that
- Doesn't stay put all day, on the t-zone after one day I don't much foundation on
- If you have a pimple, I still had to use concealer
- Price: I had to ship it from the US, so it has a expensive foundation for me for what it actually did. I won't buy it again for that reason, there are foundations on the drugstore that do the same job for a cheaper price

on 2/23/2017 5:27:00 AM

I have read good things about this foundation, and therefore felt confident about trying it myself as a possible replacement for Estée Lauder Double Wear. ELDW has not played as nicely on my mature skin in the last couple of years, so I felt the time was right to give CG Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 a go. However, this product was just a mess on my skin.

There was a faintly paint-like smell in the bottle, but this faded very quickly once pumped onto the back of my hand. Initial application was easy (either by brush or by blending sponge) as the product could be dotted in various areas of my face and it remained "wet" and blendable for the few minutes it took me to work around all my face. However, the initial finish was not pleasing. While it achieved a nice natural sheen (neither too matte nor too dewy), it seemed somehow to magnify every current hormonal blemish, every line and wrinkle, every pore, and every bit of uneven texture resulting from a lifetime of adult acne. In order to achieve a solid medium coverage, I had to double layer it in my problem areas, which led to a thick, cakey appearance. I persevered, thinking it may settle with wear, so I went ahead and applied one of several different setting powders, before adding blush, eyes and lips.

Without exception, no matter what products I used to prep/prime or set, within 30 minutes or less my face had turned a vibrant shade of something between peach and coral. I've never experienced such dramatic oxidation in such a short space of time. The worst oxidation was when I applied this foundation on top of my beloved Eve Pearl Priming Moisturising Treatment.

Every time I have worn this foundation, I have removed it as soon as I returned home because the oxidation and cake-face were just awful. Hence I can't comment on how long it wears because I've never managed to tolerate it for more than three hours' wear.

It's possible that this foundation may work well for someone on the drier side of combo/normal, and who has a younger, perfectly smooth, poreless skin to begin with. Sadly, that person is not me.

Cons:
- Does not sit well on my skin without a primer.
- Oxidises to various shades of orange when used with a primer - have tried quite a few different primers and sunscreens and have not found one which doesn't show this effect.
- Settles into lines, especially the deeper expression lines on the forehead and alongside the nose/mouth.
- Emphasises any uneveness in skin texture. This becomes even more pronounced when adding a second layer in areas where more coverage is needed.
- It seems to "repel" setting powders - it does this odd thing where the powders just sit visibly on top of the foundation, looking caked, thick, and pore-magnifying. I've tried four different loose and pressed powders without success.

Pros:
Love the pump packaging
Good blending time - does not dry down or "set" too quickly
Nice texture when dispensed - not too thick and not too runny.
Medium coverage out of the bottle, buildable to medium-full with a second layer. However, see "cons" above.

Overall, I can't recommend this product because I have not been able to get it to work for me at all, despite combining it with a variety of primers and setting products.

on 2/9/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I tried this foundation by accident, actually borrowed from my daughter's friend. My go-to foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear. Cover Girl Outlast is much more blendable, and the coverage is similar. It doesn't seem to last as long, but that is fine for my purposes. I didn't need any moisturizer or primer, which is different from Double Wear which is a bit too dry for my at times. Outlast is a bit thicker, which can be good or bad depending on what you like or want. The packaging is pretty good, better than some department store foundations. I find one pump is a bit too much, however. It would be nice to have more shade selection, but for this price I will not complain. An excellent value overall.

Great for a drugstore foundation. Good coverage. Just dot a little extra over blemishes and voila. Gone for the day. It's not thick and blends easily. Lasts all day with a little shine through by the end of the day. But that's going to happen to me regaurdless. Dries to a pretty velvet texture thats not thick looking or masky feeling @ all. Blends wonderfully. There is bad flashback in photographs though. However it's not one that makes you look white, white nor horrible either. If u r rocking your winter complexion anyways just put on some blush in flash photos and if your goth don't even worry about it lol! I wouldn't wear it to a photo shoot but if I'm going out on the town or out for a long day and want a look that lasts this is ideal. Animal tested though. So a Lippy off for that.

on 1/28/2017 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This has been my go to drugstore foundation since high school. It's super underrated and I don't know why no one on youtube ever talks about it. I'm really pale and the lightest shade is just a tiny tiny bit too dark but i can blend it into my neck and you can't notice. I have neutral undertones and drugstore pale foundations almost always look too pink but this one works! Good medium coverage, build-able. I like it with a sponge or a brush, but i usually use a sponge because i find it to be faster. It lasts all day and oil doesn't break through - I've worn it in dry heat, in high humidity, in negative forty degrees, basically everywhere. Good all around foundation!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm not sure why it took me so long to finally try this foundation, it has amazing coverage and a lightweight formula, a little goes a long way. I have freckles and tend to have redness in areas of my face, and this covers it up without looking too obvious or overdone. I can use half a pump for my entire face, I'm sure that I could build it up with that extra half pump but the product blends so well that I never need to add more. It doesn't need to be set,and my combination skin doesn't seem to break it down, I might get a little shiny on my nose by the end of the day, but no product I've used has been able to conquer that anyways, I doubt it has anything to do with this foundations amazing formula. I completely agree with the claims of being both a foundation and a concealer, it gives my face such a nice even colour and while I always extra conceal my dark circles, this foundation could let me get away with not having to do that daily. The lightest shade blends with my pale skin perfectly, looking neither pink or yellow, as most foundations usually appear on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a wonderful foundation at a great price. My skin is oily and acne-prone. This provides decent medium coverage with a natural finish which doesn't look heavy or cakey.
I find I get the best results using the beautyblender or any other kind of damp sponge because that way I get the coverage without looking like I'm wearing a lot of makeup.
This foundation lasts reasonably well on me. I start getting oily after 3-4 hours of wear, but I am very oily and this is quite good for me. This is not as mattifying as Revlon Colorstay or L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte, but it looks more natural.
I have the shade 825 Buff Beige and it seems a tad too dark for my NC20/25 skintone. However, with a bit of blending I can make it work,
I'm on my third bottle of this and will continue to repurchase it.

This foundation goes on smooth and dewy and dries pretty quickly to a semi-matt consistency on me. It conceals red spots and small spider veins by putting a little more product on those areas. Seems to stay put from daylight to dark. Looks slightly masky or powdery but nothing I can't handle. It does not break my skin out which is a plus!! I got the color buff beige #825 and it's about 1 shade too light to look good on me color wise. It also conceals the dark spots under my eyes initially as well any concealer I've ever used, however, it does wear off pretty quickly in that area. I like other drug store foundations better than this one that cost about half the price, thus the average rating I'm gicing this one. Will buy again in a darker shade if I can find this on sale! Then I'll rate that one as well.

on 10/23/2016 4:24:00 AM

This is an excellent medium coverage foundation that requires a power to set it. I am a big fan of this product but it's definitely not long lasting if it's not set with a powder or a concealer.

on 10/21/2016 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this based on reviews trying to find a dupe for estee lauder double wear. At my local drug store I was surprised they only had like 5 shades to choose from so I bought mine from a different store. This is definitely not a dupe for it. Product was very easy to apply and blend. I really liked the pump in the bottle. It looked lighter than my skin when I first applied. Once dry it matched really good. The coverage is not full coverage more like medium which was ok in the morning but as the day progrosed it seemed like it had accentuated flaws. I have very oily skin and it stayed looking matte for about 8 hours but that was like till 3pm but I was still at work! Estee lauder double wear looks flawless over 13 hours. At the 5pm mark 10 hours since application my face was so orange it was embarrassing. This product may work better on someone that is looking for medium coverage that doesn't have extremely oily skin.