Andalou Naturals All-In-One Beauty Balm Sheer Tint SPF 30

Andalou Naturals All-In-One Beauty Balm Sheer Tint SPF 30

3.9

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20.0% Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis Juice*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) and Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oils*, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Fruit Stem Cell and BioActive 8 Berry Complex*, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil*, Algae and Cucumis Melo (Melon) Extracts, Magnesium Sulfate, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos), Hibiscus Rosa-S

I was very excited to try a natural B.B. cream, as most creams on the market contain a plethora of harmful ingredients. I bought mine off amazon for around $22 CAD.

Giving 2 stars because it didn’t break me out, but otherwise I was quite disappointed for a few reasons:
1. The dispenser pump broke after 2 weeks of use, and I have to uncap the bottle to get any product out.
2. There is only one tint, and it’s too pink/red for my Asian skin tone
3. If you put this anywhere around your eyes (ie eyelid or undereye), it will sting like crazy. Exactly like getting sunscreen in your eyes.
4. This product comes off easily and does not stay well.
5. It has a mildly strong citrus smell, and I don’t like when my face makeup has a scent as it’s a bit unnecessary.

This was a mediocre product for me.
Tint - it does go on slightly orange and so you have to blend into your neck and up on to the ears to avoid discontinued colour. Not hideous.
Was extremely oily on my face and just didn't absorb at all during the day. This is regardless of mid 20 celsius heat vs <10 celsius temp.
Didn't break me out that bad, yes slightly clogging but not the worst. The main reason for not wanting to repurchase and looking for another one is that my face becomes so unbearably greasy after my commute.
I tried it for 1 month and it never improved. Haven't finished the tube but want to try something else.

Edit: 12/19/17 This product has been repackaged into a squeeze tube. Unfortunately Still has dimethicone. I am just having issues with companies changing / reformulating products and the changes are not clearly stated. It was my understanding the previous version of this product did not contain dimethicone. I purchased the brightening version. My skin is dry, aging and most of the time looks blah and uneven. I really liked this product, however became more disenchanted with the dimethicone the more research I did on this ingredient added to skincare and cosmetics. If you don't have any issues with it I would give this a try. I would come back to this product if they ditched the dimethicone and it came in a darker tinted version. I am a C4 in MAC and this was always just a tad light. I didn't mind it under foundation but by itself it looked too light. I did use the product up but I moved on to Josh Rosebrook tinted nutrient day cream which I much prefer even at that higher price point. See my review on that. Otherwise I would still recommend Andalou as a brand but read those labels!!

on 4/8/2017 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't use this as a bb cream necessarily (whatever that means) but as my daily sunscreen. I have dry skin, nc40 skin tone, and this is awesome. Gives me a great glow and has a slightly evening effect. I just set it lightly with powder and apply a concealer over top.

Highly recommended for dry skin.

on 9/29/2016 10:11:00 PM

I've tried drugstore bb creams, and nothing comes close to the sheer coverage of this bb cream. It smells fantastic, like fresh oranges, and did not turn orange on me like my la Roche posay tinted mineral sunblock. I'm an NC30, and this cream just enhanced my skin. I have extremely dry skin so I would probably use this over a moisturizer in winter. I don't know what's in it, but this is my new hg and ewg rated it a 2 - a baby could use this!

on 8/4/2016 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I think I've been using this as my "foundation" for about a year. As I've gotten older, my complexion has gotten a a bit drier so this seems to work nicely and even though I am fair, I don't have the issues others have mentioned with it oxidizing or turning orange.

I do use a concealer to cover redness and under my eyes first and I follow up with PF powder to set it. Also, I have not experienced breakouts with this which is GREAT NEWS! This is most definitely a keeper if not a grail for me.

on 6/24/2016 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

So this seems to have an okay finish, not sure how well it would fair throughout the day because it's so orange that I could not wear it. I tried blending it out and lightening it with powder but I just couldn't get the orange to lighten. So disappointed. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am not quite sure I like this product... I think it is a good tinted moisturizer, it may be a little too tan for really fair skin tones, but gives my fair skin a nice glow. It is very shiny and greasy looking and feels gross at first, but after letting it sit for 15-20 minutes, it settles in and I have to reblend it or else it doesn't look right - the reblend also gets rid of most of the shine. After about an hour I forget I have it on and I like what I see in the mirror.
I found it to be a pain if I was in a rush because of the need to reblend it. I also think there is too much orange oil in it - why they put something in a sunscreen that could cause photosensitive reactions I don't know. I think it is a decent, reasonably priced (when found on sale) natural bb cream that has both good points and bad points.
Update: I decided to give this another shot as I am a big fan of the Andalou Naturals brightening line. Again, it takes a few minutes to settle in, and the color works only after I have gotten some sun as it will look orangey on pale skin. So overall this is my preferred summertime BB, when I want something to enhance a summer glow, but won't use it in the winter when I prefer a more matte look.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I hate sunscreen at best of times. I don't use chemical ss nor do I use ss with titanium dioxide. So I had a very difficult time finding a product with high enough spf and one that didn't turn my face to a sticky, ghostly mess.

This product is great. It's very sheer and lightweight, absorbs quickly and gives me a healthy glow. The colour works for me - I'm pale neutral - but my black friend bought it as well as it doesn't really give much colour; it's just a light tint. We both loved the feel of this on our skin.

I wore this all day yesterday and my skin felt hydrated and protected. I'm so glad I found this. I feel it will become my HG of ss.

I've been using this stuff since last summer when I picked it up as a face sunscreen while at the beach. Wasn't expecting much more than a natural, safe sunscreen but I was soooo surprised at what I found! This stuff is amazing in so many ways. I use it as my foundation under a powdered mineral makeup. It is ultra moisturizing & covers really well when topped with either bare minerals or everyday minerals. Also has the added benefit of sunscreen & is natural. Such an amazing product! Also the price is great too!