Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

3.5

on 7/9/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the colors in this palette. It is separated into mattes and shimmer. The variety means it is great for work and play. Personally, I think the colors on the palette are better than any other palette I own. I have a neutral skin tone, and the colors suit me. I suspect the palette leans slightly towards a cooler skin tone (rather than warm, like Urban Decay's NAKED).

Problems include: poor pigmentation (even with multiple swipes, and primer); chalky consistency; fallout, especially with the glittery shadows. I do not want to waste this product, so I use it on days I want a 'barely there' make up look.

eg. I have 2 matte browns which look similar in color between my Urban Decay and Smashbox palettes. I swiped once from palette to hand and got a dark brown (UD). For me to achieve the same color, I swiped from palette to hand and back again - literally 5 times - to get the same result with Smashbox.

The best thing about this is the brush, which is a nice addition to my collection.

I must admit I have been disappointed with every Smashbox product I own. This is $78, which means I would consider this to be high end. However, it cannot compete with other high end products. Frankly, many cheaper brands such as ChiChi do better in terms of pigmentation.

If you want a neutral palette, I do not recommend this product.

on 2/16/2016 6:23:00 PM

I love eyeshadow palettes and I bought this one because it looked pretty. Unfortunately, that's all this is, pretty. It has shimmer and matte shades that are neutral but the quality is very poor. I'm actually not even a big fan of Smashbox items, they pale in comparison to other brands. The matte and shimmer shades barely have any pigment. There's a lot of fall out with the shimmer shades because of the chunky glitter. The matte shades are just chalky and hard to blend/apply even if I put on lid primer.

Do you need this palette? NO.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had my eyes on this palette for a long time now before I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I personally love all the shades and it's a great palette to travel with since it has such a beautiful mixture of mattes and shimmer shades. It is so easy to take a look from day to night which I love.
I'm not the best when it comes to matte shades but I like that the matte shades need to be built up. It keeps me from applying too much and having to redo it. And if I want my color pay off right off the bat, I just need to put more shadow on my brush when I do the first application. I think my only problem with this palette is how much fallout there is with the shimmer shades.
I expected that but there was just more fallout than I had expected. But they are so beautiful when applied to the eyes. I was surprised by the fact that while the shimmer is a bit chunkier, it didn't irritate my eyes. Since I wear contacts, chunkier shimmer can irritate the heck out of my eyes but I haven't had a singe problem with that yet. And a how-to sheet comes with the palette which makes it really fun to try out different styles of application.
I think for the price, it is really good. And I am in love with this palette, I have been using it almost every day since I got it! Also, if you are a beginner or a traveler and want one palette with pretty much any neutral shade you could need, this is a great one to try out. Plus you get a lot in each pan so you won't hit pan right away.

This palette is filled with the most beautiful neutral shades in both matte and shimmers. The disappointing thing about this palette is that the mattes are extremely weak. You have to build these colors up in order to reveal the real color. When it comes to blending they are horrible as well. The shimmers are quite beautiful actually. For the way this palette works it's extremely expensive and not worth it. Although, the brush that it comes with is AMAZING. It is my go to brush every single day.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My review of the Double Coverage palette is that is one heck of an awesome palette! The colors are actually really beautiful once you open the palette and play with the shades on your eyes. To get the perfect smokey eye look, you just need to log onto Youtube and search the Smashbox smokey eye tutorial for great demos on how to apply the shades and mix them.
The matte collection is subtle, yet longstanding wear. The glitter collection tends to run and I think what will help make it stick longer on your eyes is if you use the water spray made for glitter eyeshadows. I love experimenting on new makeup brands and colors which is why I won't buy this product again, but I will definitely recommend it to any girl out there who is just starting to play with eyeshadows and learning smokey looks!

Holy glitter batman. Seriously the shimmer shades in this are incredible. The matte shades are pigmented and pretty as well, but the wow factor is in the glittery goodness. This palette has a wide variety, and is worth every penny of the high price tag.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is literally my favorite palette. I love the mix of mattes and shimmer shadows and the brush works great. The shadows are easy to use and easy to blend. Long lasting.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Disappointing. When I opened the palette I was excited because the colors LOOK so beautiful (look being the operative word) but when applied they are so sheer. Trying to build them up doesn't make any difference. I asked someone what they thought about my new eyeshadow and they said I didn't look like I was wearing any! Other reviewers had the same problem. They suggested rubbing each eyeshadow beforehand and that would help but I tried that and nothing changed. It's a shame because the shades look like perfect neutrals.

This palette was something I had my eyes on for awhile, I had heard a ton of great reviews about it and being a neutral shadow lover, I thought it would be the perfect palette to add to my collection. Unfortunately it wasn't quite what I expected.

First of all, the colors are gorgeous. I am a fan of shimmer eyeshadows, not a huge matte lover, but this palette offers both. There is a shimmer and matte version of each color included which is great. For the most part the colors are more on the warm end of the spectrum, but there are also some nice cool colors as well.

The color payoff is really disappointing. Some of the shimmers have chunks of glitter in them which makes them a little bit harder texture, which as a result makes it difficult to get the color onto your brush. The matte shadows are much smoother but they are fairly dry, so you don't get great pigmentation which is really a shame because like I said the colors are beautiful.

I have not tried the shadows wet, but I feel like they may give a better color payoff if you use them on a damp brush, however I am not a fan of doing that usually. All in all I would not repurchase this palette and for someone considering purchasing it, I would say save your money and look into one of the lorac pro palettes instead!

on 3/4/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the palette I would choose, if I were only to choose ONE for the rest of my life. The neutral shades in both a matte and shimmery version is just everything I need in a palette. The shimmers are gorgeous, and the mattes are really beautiful. The pigmentation is just right for my taste, it is pigmented enough for me to create beautiful looks.
For the shimmers, remember a good primer, because they contain tiny tiny glitters (which only makes them more beautiful than a standard shimmery eyeshadow). :-)

I love love love this palette.