Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

Smashbox Full Exposure Palette
Smashbox Full Exposure PaletteSmashbox Full Exposure PaletteFull Exposure Palette

3.6

Amazing pallet would totally buy again I think the pigments are amazing and the glitter is it blend in nicely with the mattes I do you find that the letters are popping and good to work with and I don't find any fall out

This was the first eye shadow palette i've ever bought because i was told it was a great for beginners. I bought this smash box product for $130 so I was expecting great results and the appearances and swatches were beautiful, they have your every day matte neutrals and stunning shimmers that can dress up any eye shadow look.

Unfortunately I found this palette a let down as it was very hard to blend, and the shades not being as pigmented on the eye in comparison to swatches. To show true effect of the shimmers you have to layer on the lid with a wet finger/brush, and unfortunately I did find the shimmers almost too glittery as well as having fall out, which to be fair is common in most palettes. If you are a beginner I would say the matte shades are good because you can build up the pigment, but then again hard to blend once you do. The darker shades are more pigmented, for example the black and dark brown as expected.

I have gone back to this palette multiple times hoping for a better result each time, unlike my chi chi palette which im always so impressed with, also being a third of the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I can't believe so many people diss this palette - it's a contender for my HG Palette!

I own A LOT of make up, mainly high end, so I have a good idea about what's on the market and how good and bad eyeshadows perform. I LOVE this palette, by contrast I don't like the Lorac Pro Palette, which I also own.

I love the selection of matte shadows, which have a great formula and blend easily (and are also easily custom mixed, if you want an in-between shade). I adore the sparkle shades, especially the light ones - with these if you want a more intense colour/sparkle pay-off, then just apply with your fingers.

Whenever I travel this is the palette I pack, as it is seriously versatile and there isn't a colour in it that I haven't used. If you don't like sparkly/glitter shades then this probably isn't the palette for you, but even so, the matte shades are still awesome!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I almost didn't buy this palette because I had just returned the Tarte Tartlette (Amazonian Clay) palette after a huge disappointment, and didn't want to exchange it for another dud. No kidding, I was literally reading through reviews here on MA as I paced around Sephora, and I couldn't ignore its lukewarm rating. There were other palettes I had my eye on, too, but I kept feeling myself drawn back to this one. I think what attracted me was the two very different looks I could achieve with it; the cool greys and the neutral browns, and the shimmer shades looked gorgeous. It reminded me of having Charlotte Tillbury's Rock Chick palette and her Golden Goddess palettes in one! I swatched every color and was satisfied with them so decided to take the plunge. I am really enjoying this palette and find myself reaching for it every day. I agree that they're not quite as pigmented as they first seem, but I will say they are easy to build up and it helps that they're super blendable. The colors themselves are stunning and I find I get more compliments when I wear these shadows over any other palette I own. So, soooo glad I decided to go with it. I would definitely buy again!

(I've uploaded two pics showing the greys/black and the browns w/ metallic)

on 7/9/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the colors in this palette. It is separated into mattes and shimmer. The variety means it is great for work and play. Personally, I think the colors on the palette are better than any other palette I own. I have a neutral skin tone, and the colors suit me. I suspect the palette leans slightly towards a cooler skin tone (rather than warm, like Urban Decay's NAKED).

Problems include: poor pigmentation (even with multiple swipes, and primer); chalky consistency; fallout, especially with the glittery shadows. I do not want to waste this product, so I use it on days I want a 'barely there' make up look.

The best thing about this is the brush, which is a nice addition to my collection.

I must admit I have been disappointed with every Smashbox product I own. This is $78, which means I would consider this to be high end. However, it cannot compete with other high end products. Frankly, many cheaper brands such as ChiChi do better in terms of pigmentation.

If you want a neutral palette, I do not recommend this product.

so this palette, i bought it in 2013 i think, when it first got released and was $48, loved the neutral colors, equal mattes and shimmer shades, thought it was better than urban decay's naked. used it, had ton of fall out with not much pigment, put it away and then forgot about it for a few years brought it back out now while trying to clean out my makeup storage, decided to give this another try, its ok not blowing my mind away or anything. mainly used it to set my eyeliners. there are so many versatile shades available, im using some of the shimmer shades as a highlight, the darkest brown shades to contour, and the matte cream to sort of set under eye/brow bone highlight, as well as eyebrow powder, basically everything but an actual eyeshadow palette

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My review of the Double Coverage palette is that is one heck of an awesome palette! The colors are actually really beautiful once you open the palette and play with the shades on your eyes. To get the perfect smokey eye look, you just need to log onto Youtube and search the Smashbox smokey eye tutorial for great demos on how to apply the shades and mix them.
The matte collection is subtle, yet longstanding wear. The glitter collection tends to run and I think what will help make it stick longer on your eyes is if you use the water spray made for glitter eyeshadows. I love experimenting on new makeup brands and colors which is why I won't buy this product again, but I will definitely recommend it to any girl out there who is just starting to play with eyeshadows and learning smokey looks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had my eyes on this palette for a long time now before I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I personally love all the shades and it's a great palette to travel with since it has such a beautiful mixture of mattes and shimmer shades. It is so easy to take a look from day to night which I love.
I'm not the best when it comes to matte shades but I like that the matte shades need to be built up. It keeps me from applying too much and having to redo it. And if I want my color pay off right off the bat, I just need to put more shadow on my brush when I do the first application. I think my only problem with this palette is how much fallout there is with the shimmer shades.
I expected that but there was just more fallout than I had expected. But they are so beautiful when applied to the eyes. I was surprised by the fact that while the shimmer is a bit chunkier, it didn't irritate my eyes. Since I wear contacts, chunkier shimmer can irritate the heck out of my eyes but I haven't had a singe problem with that yet. And a how-to sheet comes with the palette which makes it really fun to try out different styles of application.
I think for the price, it is really good. And I am in love with this palette, I have been using it almost every day since I got it! Also, if you are a beginner or a traveler and want one palette with pretty much any neutral shade you could need, this is a great one to try out. Plus you get a lot in each pan so you won't hit pan right away.

on 2/16/2016 6:23:00 PM

I love eyeshadow palettes and I bought this one because it looked pretty. Unfortunately, that's all this is, pretty. It has shimmer and matte shades that are neutral but the quality is very poor. I'm actually not even a big fan of Smashbox items, they pale in comparison to other brands. The matte and shimmer shades barely have any pigment. There's a lot of fall out with the shimmer shades because of the chunky glitter. The matte shades are just chalky and hard to blend/apply even if I put on lid primer.

Do you need this palette? NO.

This palette is filled with the most beautiful neutral shades in both matte and shimmers. The disappointing thing about this palette is that the mattes are extremely weak. You have to build these colors up in order to reveal the real color. When it comes to blending they are horrible as well. The shimmers are quite beautiful actually. For the way this palette works it's extremely expensive and not worth it. Although, the brush that it comes with is AMAZING. It is my go to brush every single day.