Smashbox Full Exposure Palette

Smashbox Full Exposure Palette
Full Exposure Palette

3.5

i bought this when it first got released, i think in 2013.
i love that there are equal number of mattes and shimmers in this palette.

I think its too powdery, there is a lot of fall out and it isnt too pigmented.

as an eyeshadow palette it is a fail, but i can use a few of the shades as an eyebrow powder, to set eyeliner,
and a bronzer and also to set my makeup.

ill have ti find a way to use up the glitter shades as i did pay $48 for this :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I can't believe so many people diss this palette - it's a contender for my HG Palette!

I own A LOT of make up, mainly high end, so I have a good idea about what's on the market and how good and bad eyeshadows perform. I LOVE this palette, by contrast I don't like the Lorac Pro Palette, which I also own.

I love the selection of matte shadows, which have a great formula and blend easily (and are also easily custom mixed, if you want an in-between shade). I adore the sparkle shades, especially the light ones - with these if you want a more intense colour/sparkle pay-off, then just apply with your fingers.

Whenever I travel this is the palette I pack, as it is seriously versatile and there isn't a colour in it that I haven't used. If you don't like sparkly/glitter shades then this probably isn't the palette for you, but even so, the matte shades are still awesome!

on 7/9/2016 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love the colors in this palette. It is separated into mattes and shimmer. The variety means it is great for work and play. Personally, I think the colors on the palette are better than any other palette I own. I have a neutral skin tone, and the colors suit me. I suspect the palette leans slightly towards a cooler skin tone (rather than warm, like Urban Decay's NAKED).

Problems include: poor pigmentation (even with multiple swipes, and primer); chalky consistency; fallout, especially with the glittery shadows. I do not want to waste this product, so I use it on days I want a 'barely there' make up look.

The best thing about this is the brush, which is a nice addition to my collection.

I must admit I have been disappointed with every Smashbox product I own. This is $78, which means I would consider this to be high end. However, it cannot compete with other high end products. Frankly, many cheaper brands such as ChiChi do better in terms of pigmentation.

If you want a neutral palette, I do not recommend this product.

on 2/16/2016 6:23:00 PM

I love eyeshadow palettes and I bought this one because it looked pretty. Unfortunately, that's all this is, pretty. It has shimmer and matte shades that are neutral but the quality is very poor. I'm actually not even a big fan of Smashbox items, they pale in comparison to other brands. The matte and shimmer shades barely have any pigment. There's a lot of fall out with the shimmer shades because of the chunky glitter. The matte shades are just chalky and hard to blend/apply even if I put on lid primer.

Do you need this palette? NO.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've had my eyes on this palette for a long time now before I decided to go ahead and purchase it. I personally love all the shades and it's a great palette to travel with since it has such a beautiful mixture of mattes and shimmer shades. It is so easy to take a look from day to night which I love.
I'm not the best when it comes to matte shades but I like that the matte shades need to be built up. It keeps me from applying too much and having to redo it. And if I want my color pay off right off the bat, I just need to put more shadow on my brush when I do the first application. I think my only problem with this palette is how much fallout there is with the shimmer shades.
I expected that but there was just more fallout than I had expected. But they are so beautiful when applied to the eyes. I was surprised by the fact that while the shimmer is a bit chunkier, it didn't irritate my eyes. Since I wear contacts, chunkier shimmer can irritate the heck out of my eyes but I haven't had a singe problem with that yet. And a how-to sheet comes with the palette which makes it really fun to try out different styles of application.
I think for the price, it is really good. And I am in love with this palette, I have been using it almost every day since I got it! Also, if you are a beginner or a traveler and want one palette with pretty much any neutral shade you could need, this is a great one to try out. Plus you get a lot in each pan so you won't hit pan right away.

This palette is filled with the most beautiful neutral shades in both matte and shimmers. The disappointing thing about this palette is that the mattes are extremely weak. You have to build these colors up in order to reveal the real color. When it comes to blending they are horrible as well. The shimmers are quite beautiful actually. For the way this palette works it's extremely expensive and not worth it. Although, the brush that it comes with is AMAZING. It is my go to brush every single day.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

My review of the Double Coverage palette is that is one heck of an awesome palette! The colors are actually really beautiful once you open the palette and play with the shades on your eyes. To get the perfect smokey eye look, you just need to log onto Youtube and search the Smashbox smokey eye tutorial for great demos on how to apply the shades and mix them.
The matte collection is subtle, yet longstanding wear. The glitter collection tends to run and I think what will help make it stick longer on your eyes is if you use the water spray made for glitter eyeshadows. I love experimenting on new makeup brands and colors which is why I won't buy this product again, but I will definitely recommend it to any girl out there who is just starting to play with eyeshadows and learning smokey looks!

Holy glitter batman. Seriously the shimmer shades in this are incredible. The matte shades are pigmented and pretty as well, but the wow factor is in the glittery goodness. This palette has a wide variety, and is worth every penny of the high price tag.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is literally my favorite palette. I love the mix of mattes and shimmer shadows and the brush works great. The shadows are easy to use and easy to blend. Long lasting.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Disappointing. When I opened the palette I was excited because the colors LOOK so beautiful (look being the operative word) but when applied they are so sheer. Trying to build them up doesn't make any difference. I asked someone what they thought about my new eyeshadow and they said I didn't look like I was wearing any! Other reviewers had the same problem. They suggested rubbing each eyeshadow beforehand and that would help but I tried that and nothing changed. It's a shame because the shades look like perfect neutrals.