Revlon Matte Top Coat

Revlon Matte Top Coat

3.3

on 11/9/2017 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This matte top coat is from Revlon’s Transforming Effects line. I had really good success with this matte top coat. It applied evenly with no streaking. It didn’t leave behind any white spots. With one coat it was perfectly matte.

I applied this over my SH Insta Dri top coat as i wanted the benefit of a QDTC. That combo make the top coat and polish dry quickly. I got good wear without any chipping. Removal was easy.

The formula is on the liquid side but I got no running or pooling upon application. It may have seemed a little liquid to me because I am used to using a QDTC which tends to be a little thicker than standard top coats.

Packaging is the standard Revlon polish bottle. The brush is a pretty standard polish brush.

I paid $3.97 plus tax for this bottle. I would repurchase though I doubt I will ever have to as I am generally not a fan of the matte polish look.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Exactly what I wanted/expected! Wanted Pinterest type matte nails, and I got them! Apply one complete coat over polish, let dry, repeat until you get your desired results. I only needed 2 coats before I was happy. Would recommend!

on 7/15/2015 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Applies smoothly, provides a real matte finish, and it dries very fast. You can actually watch it dry in seconds. I got this at CVS dirt cheap with coupons & ECBs.

on 1/3/2015 12:17:00 PM

I love this top coat! This layers well over other nail polishes and really does leave a matte finish. It does not chip easily and lasts about five days to a week. I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I normally like Revlon products, but this was a bit underhwelming. It dried quickly and did not go on streaky, but as other people said, it lost a lot of it's matte effect after a few days. It chipped a little faster than my normal top coat (Essie Good To Go). It's really more of a satin finish than matte after about 24 hours. I actually really like the satin look, but it's not a good matte top coat.

on 12/23/2015 8:49:00 AM

I am in fact returning this bottle of matte top coat. Was so excited upon finding it, tested an already painted fingernail as soon as I got home.. when it dried it looked all white and streaky? So I figured because of dirt and what not, that was the issue.
I preformed a complete manicure on myself that night, painted my nails, applied the top coat, let dry, and went to bed.. Upon waking up 8 of my nails look good but two of them have white spots all over them, that I can not seem to remove.
This product sucks, and then I remembered how Revlon tests on animals and I've decided to never buy their garbage again.

on 1/31/2014 3:57:00 PM

This does a good job creating a matte effect, but my main complaint is how streaky it is. I think a wider brush would help. I also find that when I apply this on top of a matte polishes, the polish tends to chip the same day. It's less than $5 but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/12/2014 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is not that great of a matte top coat. You have to use VERY thin coats to get the matte effect, if you don't it will look super shiny...don't even know how that's possible but it does. I found it took way too long to dry (most matte top coats are within seconds) this was a few minutes or more.

It's not that matte either, its more of a dull look. I was not impressed with this and will not repurchase. If you want a great matte top coat, check out OPI and Essie's. This is a waste of money unless you want more of a dull look. It's not a true matte.

on 12/27/2013 4:12:00 PM

I hate this stuff! In fact, I havent been very impressed with any of the Revlon polishes. It went on so streaky and bumpy. I thought it was a bad bottle, and knowing not to put polish thinner in matte polish, I bought another bottle that was just as bad. So now I've got 2 of these dumb polishes that I will never use. At least they weren't expensive, I guess.

on 7/14/2014 3:50:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I don't like it very much. For me, it was pretty easy to apply and the brush was nice. I did not get streaky application and even with a thick layer it dried very fast. It gave the typical matte look you'd expect.

However, for some reason it faded off my nails! It was weird, in a day or two my nails would be shiny again so I'd have to keep redoing it. Never had that happen before. Also, when you brush it on you have to be careful because the polish grabs the other colors so you might move some polish if ya get what I mean. The brush is also stained.

You can get matte top coats that are a lot better, I've been living OPIs matte top coat.