Wet 'n' Wild Fergie BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Wet 'n' Wild Fergie BB Cream

2.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 3.8 % (Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, CyclopentaSiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Alcohol Denat., Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Squalane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-32, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice, Alumina, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

It's way too sheer to be considered a BB cream. :/

It doesn't stay for even an hour and barely covers my redness/blemishes, even if I apply primer beforehand. I'm not sure if I'm applying it wrong but I just do 2 layers of it if I have time to do so. The only positive things about it are the packaging & the price for it.

So unless someone has some advice/tips on using it, I probably won't get it again.

on 7/7/2016 5:25:00 PM

This product is no longer referred to on the packaging as the "Fergie" BB Cream but Wet n Wild continues to use the same package design with the designation that it is an "8-in1" product containing SPF 15. I bought this on a whim after I misplaced my usual cream-to-powder Extra Lasting foundation (an Avon product). This provides similar coverage to what I was using. It imparts a dewy finish and is far less drying in appearance than the "miracle skin perfector" BB cream by Garnier that I tried (but in fairness, that product contains salicylic acid to keep breakouts at bay).

This Wet n Wild BB cream doesn't seem to have much of a scent. It dispenses from almost a needle-nose tip, so you don't get a lot of excess product (or air) into the package. You only get 1 ounce for the money but it's inexpensive and ideally-sized for a cosmetic pouch, travel and the like. In general, I haven't been impressed with BB creams because they seem to provide limited coverage. As I age, however, fine lines on my skin seem to be accentuated by a number of foundations that offer a matte finish. Unfortunately, I'm still very much prone to breakouts, too, and so foundations aimed at providing more moisture tend to feel mask-like (too much silicone is typically the problem I find with foundations).

A107 Light/Medium is a good match for my skin (fair). It applies smoothly, builds adequately and doesn't look cakey. The only real downside is that it does seem to melt a bit on the face in hot weather so it's probably best suited for cool, dry weather. Out of sheer laziness, I was stuck the past year on a cream-to-powder foundation sold by Avon that at first I liked because it is very easy and fast to just wipe/blend the product on using the foam applicator. But over time I realized that it never materialized into a "powder" finish, and was instead settling into the lines of my face. When the occasion calls for it — I need better coverage — I inevitably fall back to my standby, which is Clean Oil-Control by CoverGirl. I still prefer the CoverGirl product for having decent staying power, good coverage and being pretty much impervious to whatever the temperature happens to be (all without feeling heavy or mask-like). However, without a good deal of moisturizer, typically in the form of an SPF, CG Clean foundation was beginning to accentuate fine lines on my skin.

When I need extra coverage, I apply my CG foundation followed by a thin layer of this as a means to blur (minimize) the "11s" between my eyes. While it's true that a moisturizer will do the same thing, some types can, in my experience, shorten how long a foundation wears and/or combine on the face to form the appearance of an oil-slick later. This Wet n Wild BB cream is a good solution because it leaves the skin looking more moist (and therefore natural) but, unlike a moisturizer, doesn't dissolve the foundation or cover-stick I apply to problem areas that require more coverage.

For days that I don't care about perfect coverage, I would say that this product performs adequately on its own (a good value for the money). Wet n Wild BB Cream's main drawback is that it doesn't have as much staying power, particularly in the heat of summer, and it isn't adequate to cover angry red blemishes, either. Like most BB creams, I tend to think the ideal candidate for a product like this is someone with normal/dry skin — as opposed to oily/combination — however anyone of a certain age may appreciate the wrinkle-minimizing properties of a BB cream. Given that I'm still dealing with combination skin — my age is showing on my forehead but my chin/jaw still thinks I'm a teenager — the best solution I've found is to use a combination approach: a conventional foundation over the problem areas and a BB cream on areas that are dry or more wrinkle-prone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'll keep buying this as long as they keep making it because it suits my needs perfectly and the price is unbeatable. BB Cream is not meant to be heavy. It's simple meant to be an opaque moisturizer with SPF.

I see a lot of reviews complaining about the sheerness of the product. It's not a foundation. I applied it today for a morning interview and it's very buildable. I applied two light layers and set with a translucent powder. I was pleased because I could still see my natural tone coming through but most of my imperfections were covered within reason.

I found this at Walgreens. I'm Black American with a golden or caramel skin tone, so I had to choose the "deep" shade. It is the darkest color offered in the line. For any woman of color reading this, if your darker than me; you'll have to find a different brand to match your shade.

Sidenote: It smells like cookies or cake, I don't know but it was weird when I first got a whiff of it out of the bottle. I've never owned a facial makeup product that was scented. It's too much and not really needed. After 5 hrs of wear, I noticed some oiliness on my skin, so I patted with a Kleenex. It wasn't enough to make me stop using the product. I'll try it again when I run out as long as my skin reacts well to it.

This BB cream is a disappointment. It is very very sheer and makes me look insanely shiny and greasy, as though I have been out in the heat all day even if it's freshly applied. It never actually settles or "sets" on my skin, even with powder. It just sits over it, feeling thick and...gloopy, for lack of a better word. It made my powder get chunky and gross while simultaneously rubbing the product right off my face.
This also smells strange. I can't place the scent, but it's not something I want on my face to smell all day.
For reference, my skin is mostly even, no real imperfections minus the occasional enlarged pore and one slight pitted scar from surgery years ago. I have minor redness on my cheeks and darkness around the eyes. It's pretty easy to find a foundation to cover or at least minimize all of these, but this product doesn't even do that.
The best I can say about this is that it has SPF. other than that, it's not really anything to write home about.

I love this. my skin feels awesome very light foundation doesn't break me out. I like it for every day use expecially for summer to have something light on my combination skin with a bit of bronzer it's perfect for me. If you need something heavy to do alot of coverage this is not right for u.

I really love love this makeup! I got this in the medium/deep shade. I probably could have gone with the medium shade, but it looked a little pink in the container. The medium/deep shade looked more yellow. I am light to medium with yellow asian skin. I figured undertone was more important and I could use it in the upcoming hotter months. It matched me quite well and gave my skin a glow. Matches perfectly indoors. Outdoors, it is only slightly darker if you look really close.

Product was really easy to blend. I did not have to use a moisturizer. It was sheer but with enough coverage to cover red spots and blur imperfections. It gets dewey about 1.5 hours later after application with no primer. It leaves pores looking great with a natural finish. Unfortunately, if I wrinkle my forehead then lines show up. When I tried using this with a primer, lines were not visible.

Lasting power: stayed on a total of about 6 hours with primer and powder. Probably could've lasted another hour or two. No breakouts with this! Yay! Yes, it has a sweet syrupy smell. This dissipates after about an hour and a half. Be careful if you are sensitive to smells. With the no breakout factor, great undertone color match, makes my skin soft...yes, would totally repurchase.

I only bought this today, but I already love it! Light/medium matches my skin right now, but I'll have to switch shades once summer comes. I love the lightweight feel of this- it felt just like putting moisturizer on. Also, I was very impressed with how it made my skin look and feel. It looked like my skin, only more even toned and perfected (nobody could tell I had makeup on). It was so quick to apply with my fingers and set with a little powder, and it lasted all day. I'll definitely be getting a lot of use out of this product when I'm in a rush or feeling like going for a natural look. The only downside for me is the smell, but it doesn't linger at all so I can't be bothered. This is a great BB cream!

I'm really disappointed with this, as an avid Wet N Wild fan, this was a big letdown. This is extremely sheer and has very minimal coverage, unlike Asian bb creams. It is also kind of greasy feeling initially on the skin until it sinks into your skin, and also needs to be set with powder. At least it was cheap, it came out to 3.80 because of a manufacturer's coupon on the packaging. If you want coverage, the Coverall cream foundation is way better.

on 3/21/2014 3:17:00 PM

This is really my first tinted moisturizer. It's not bad but it's not the best. It goes on very sheer. I also apply with a bit of concealer around my eyes. It does help to even out my skin a bit but I made the mistake of not setting with powder and my face looks oily and very shiny. I got this in the Medium shade. It also looks orange in sunlight (at least on me). I don't have anything to blot it with at the moment so it's making me very self conscious as I keep looking in my mirror on my desk. This is good for someone with very minimal skin issues which unfortunately is not me. Perhaps if I could find a better match and lessen the shiny/oily look I might wear in cool weather. It's warming up in Texas and I can see this stuff melting right off my face and my concealer staying put. Not a good look. Won't repurchase.

on 2/19/2014 10:46:00 AM

I'm new to the BB cream world, so I figured I would give this one a shot since it was 4.99 at walmart. I'm not super thrilled about it, but it's also not a huge disappointment. The coverage is light, which I like. But the more you layer it the more you get. I found out if I use 2 layers it gets a tad too dark, but I also have very light skin. Another reviewer said it evened out her redness, it does the same for me. Its not really oily or greasy, but it also doesn't dry my already dry skin out. It's nice when I don't want to wear foundation.

The smell isn't as horrible as some people are saying, but it does kind of smell like waffles when I first put it on. I don't smell it too much longer after I go on about my day.

I'm not a huge fan, I'll use it while I have it, but I don't see myself buying it again.