Wet 'n' Wild Fergie BB Cream

Filtered by age: 44-55
Wet 'n' Wild Fergie BB Cream

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide - 3.8 % (Sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, CyclopentaSiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Alcohol Denat., Cetyl PEG, 1 Dimethicone, PPG-10, Squalane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-32, Aloe barbadensis Leaf Juice, Alumina, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Caprylyl Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 10/18/2016 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've bought this twice and am satisfied. It's nice for days that I want a natural finish and not a lot of fuss. The applicator is really nice - you can get just the right amount of product when you squeeze it, and the bottle stands up nicely in the cabinet for storage. It applies pretty sheer but can be built up with a little more product. I use a sponge to apply it. Sometimes I add a little dust of translucent powder, as it is slightly sticky and takes some time to dry down. I have dry skin and I do find that this is hydrating enough to be helpful to my skin. I recommend this product.

on 7/7/2016 5:25:00 PM

This product is no longer referred to on the packaging as the "Fergie" BB Cream but Wet n Wild continues to use the same package design with the designation that it is an "8-in1" product containing SPF 15. I bought this on a whim after I misplaced my usual cream-to-powder Extra Lasting foundation (an Avon product). This provides similar coverage to what I was using. It imparts a dewy finish and is far less drying in appearance than the "miracle skin perfector" BB cream by Garnier that I tried (but in fairness, that product contains salicylic acid to keep breakouts at bay).

This Wet n Wild BB cream doesn't seem to have much of a scent. It dispenses from almost a needle-nose tip, so you don't get a lot of excess product (or air) into the package. You only get 1 ounce for the money but it's inexpensive and ideally-sized for a cosmetic pouch, travel and the like. In general, I haven't been impressed with BB creams because they seem to provide limited coverage. As I age, however, fine lines on my skin seem to be accentuated by a number of foundations that offer a matte finish. Unfortunately, I'm still very much prone to breakouts, too, and so foundations aimed at providing more moisture tend to feel mask-like (too much silicone is typically the problem I find with foundations).

A107 Light/Medium is a good match for my skin (fair). It applies smoothly, builds adequately and doesn't look cakey. The only real downside is that it does seem to melt a bit on the face in hot weather so it's probably best suited for cool, dry weather. Out of sheer laziness, I was stuck the past year on a cream-to-powder foundation sold by Avon that at first I liked because it is very easy and fast to just wipe/blend the product on using the foam applicator. But over time I realized that it never materialized into a "powder" finish, and was instead settling into the lines of my face. When the occasion calls for it — I need better coverage — I inevitably fall back to my standby, which is Clean Oil-Control by CoverGirl. I still prefer the CoverGirl product for having decent staying power, good coverage and being pretty much impervious to whatever the temperature happens to be (all without feeling heavy or mask-like). However, without a good deal of moisturizer, typically in the form of an SPF, CG Clean foundation was beginning to accentuate fine lines on my skin.

When I need extra coverage, I apply my CG foundation followed by a thin layer of this as a means to blur (minimize) the "11s" between my eyes. While it's true that a moisturizer will do the same thing, some types can, in my experience, shorten how long a foundation wears and/or combine on the face to form the appearance of an oil-slick later. This Wet n Wild BB cream is a good solution because it leaves the skin looking more moist (and therefore natural) but, unlike a moisturizer, doesn't dissolve the foundation or cover-stick I apply to problem areas that require more coverage.

For days that I don't care about perfect coverage, I would say that this product performs adequately on its own (a good value for the money). Wet n Wild BB Cream's main drawback is that it doesn't have as much staying power, particularly in the heat of summer, and it isn't adequate to cover angry red blemishes, either. Like most BB creams, I tend to think the ideal candidate for a product like this is someone with normal/dry skin — as opposed to oily/combination — however anyone of a certain age may appreciate the wrinkle-minimizing properties of a BB cream. Given that I'm still dealing with combination skin — my age is showing on my forehead but my chin/jaw still thinks I'm a teenager — the best solution I've found is to use a combination approach: a conventional foundation over the problem areas and a BB cream on areas that are dry or more wrinkle-prone.

on 6/28/2015 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is something I picked up on a whim as I really love Wet n' Wild eye shadows, bronzers, and lipsticks and with the low cost of around $3, I was willing to give the BB cream a try too. I like that this has some sun protection in it and is rated SPF 15. I can use all the layers of SPF I can get. This states on the packaging 8-in-1 beauty balm. I couldn't tell you what all 8 purposes are and nowhere on the packaging are they designated. I have the shade A102 Light/Medium. This is a thin lotion/creme and it blends well and leaves some radiance to the skin but it has minimal coverage. It does add a sheer wash of color and evens out skintone somewhat, but it isn't going to give you a perfect canvas for a full face. This works well over a primer and underneath a foundation and it has been compatible with all my skincare products so far. If you are going for a natural no make up look, this works fine with just a mineral powder to set it. Without it, it has some trouble with staying power though in the summer heat and with a little sweat this tends to become patchy and needs adjustment. I've only experienced one breakout after using this multiple times so it may have been mostly my fault for falling asleep before removing my makeup for the day. I plan on using this up as it's not a bad product, but I simply need more coverage and something to hold up to heat and humidity. I'll use this up while it's summer for an everyday stay at home look, but not for an evening or more made up look. It isn't a terrible product by any means, and I can still use it beneath my foundations and with a mineral powder it works well enough. I will get my money's worth, but I won't repurchase.

on 2/1/2015 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Not too heavy, unscented, applies and blends very nicely. I bought the medium-dark shade and it is not too dark for my medium toned skin. I really like this BB Cream.

on 3/21/2014 3:17:00 PM

This is really my first tinted moisturizer. It's not bad but it's not the best. It goes on very sheer. I also apply with a bit of concealer around my eyes. It does help to even out my skin a bit but I made the mistake of not setting with powder and my face looks oily and very shiny. I got this in the Medium shade. It also looks orange in sunlight (at least on me). I don't have anything to blot it with at the moment so it's making me very self conscious as I keep looking in my mirror on my desk. This is good for someone with very minimal skin issues which unfortunately is not me. Perhaps if I could find a better match and lessen the shiny/oily look I might wear in cool weather. It's warming up in Texas and I can see this stuff melting right off my face and my concealer staying put. Not a good look. Won't repurchase.

on 2/7/2014 5:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Eh...you get what you pay for! I got the light/medium, and the color is great for my skin. I didn't notice any odd smell, but it sure took a lot to cover anything. I have tinted moisturizers that cover better than this. It left a nice finish on my dry skin, but that's it. I could have skipped it entirely with the same results.ETA - it smells just like Elmer's glue. Yuck.

on 11/17/2013 8:58:00 AM

While checking out the makeup section in Walmart recently, I came across the Fergie BB Cream. It was $5.62 but, there was an instant $2 off coupon. For $3.62, I figured I'd give it a try.

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much since I haven't had the best luck with BB cream's. I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised!

I purchased the Light shade and it matches my skintone perfectly. This applies nicely. Goes on smoothly & evenly. I've applied it just using my fingers and I've also applied it with my Real Techniques Magic Complexion Sponge. It leaves a nice smooth finish. Coverage is medium. I set it with Wet n Wild Coverall pressed powder or Rimmel Stay Matte powder.

My only drawback with this BB cream is, when you first apply it, there is an odd smell but, it doesn't linger.

I would definitely repurchase this product. Even at $5.62, I feel its worth the price.