By Terry Terrybly Densiliss

By Terry Terrybly Densiliss
Terrybly Densiliss

4.3

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sodium Citrate, Tocopherol, Dextrin Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Talc, Pentylene Glycol, Parfum/Fragrance, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Hibiscus Abelmoschus Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Silica, Xanthan Gum, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Palmitic Acid, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Eugenol, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), CI 77019 (Mica)

on 9/19/2016 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I'm still on the foundation safari, even at my advanced age. I am forever tempted, even though my thin and sensitive skin is now extremely picky. Having read great things about By Terry's foundations and their kindness to aging skin, some time ago I tried an on-sale tube of Sheer Expert, found it lovely, if slightly sheer, looked at Cover Expert, which was fine, but over too soon for the price. Too much money for that tube. Soooo, I finally tried Densliss (eBay purchase) and, having used it for a few weeks, I am delighted with it. Yes, it is ghastly expensive, but there is finally a reasonable amount of product in a pump bottle (glass, one point off). I apply just one layer with a foundation brush, using one pump from the bottle on the back of my hand. It is not full coverage--no doubt it could be if that is what you are after--but I do not want full coverage. I do not want a face too glowy or too dull. I do not want perfect skin--I have earned the imperfections that have appeared. I want to look a bit younger, fresher, softer (don't we all) while everyone swears I do not have any foundation on. It is hard to explain but this is for me transformative. It is MFBB, it does not do anything wrong---no pore collecting etc, and it lasts most of the day; wearing off so subtly I hardly notice.. I do not use powder, I sometimes use LM primer, and I always use a moisturizer. And so, is this it? Probably, but-- not necessarily! I will stay with By Terry. However, I wonder what her most expensive foundation is like? The one that costs an obscene amount of money? Who knows, I might someday find it off price somewhere. But if not, I think I will stay where I am. I just never say never.

So i bought this foundation after looking at the reviews in the everlasting search for the holy grail of foundations. First of all, its hideously expensive, i got it a little cheaper by buying it from strawberrynet, it comes in a pump bottle and you can control how much comes out of the pump easily. It doesnt feel anything like a foundation applying it, more like a skin product, its neither sticky or grippy, but a little on the slippery side, which makes it almost impossibly to build up. One thing i will say of the By Terry foundations and concealers is how well she has nailed the colours for the very pale shades, not too beige too yellow or too pink, literally the most perfect when it comes to shades for the very pale.
This sealed up the pores and little icepick scars easily, it grab a little to some dry patches but not noticeably, my skin feels ultra soft and plump and although id usually apply a primer underneath i didnt with this one since it is meant to be a skin product also, it doesnt feel like i am wearing much. My skin is quite good but not perfect, i have pigmentation, red marks left over from pimples here and there plus the odd tiny red dot from healing pimples, i usually wear estee lauder double wear which covers just about everything, but this one left quite alot showing through even though id still describe it as medium coverage, not quite enough coverage unless you already have brilliant skin or you want full coverage. So, unfortunately not the holy grail of foundations :( Overall it is really lovely, but even if my skin was good enough to wear this it would still not justify the price of it.

on 8/13/2016 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is by far the best foundation i have ever used, i love it. The only negative comment i have about this product would be the price, since it's really expensive. i love how this foundation doesn't cake up (all my previous foundations use to cake up i hated it) and makes my skin look super clear and soft. everytime i have this on people would compliment my make up. i totally recommend this to everyone, it's amazing, i promise.

on 8/10/2016 10:07:00 AM

I guess I'm in the minority in terms of hating this foundation. I really really do not get the hype at all. I'm gutted I spent so much money on this when it is no better than a regular high street one. My favourite foundation is ysl touche eclat illuminating foundation, sadly now discontinued, hence the purchase of this, I'm looking for a replacement as I hate the new awakening formula. I'm roughly nw20 in terms of macs colour scheme, though I am lighter at the moment perhaps between nw15/20 and I was advised vanilla beige would be my best match... Way too light, I'd say it is n15... Definitely neutral. The formula is quite thick and just does not blend. It sits on the top of my face, it does nothing to blur pores and is very easily transferable. It covers nothing. My skin is normal at the moment and I have tried so many different formulas trying to make this work for me. Different primers, moisturisers, a clean bare face, beauty blenders and so many different brushes, Ie: Tom ford cream foundation brush, Rae Morris liquid foundation brush and radiance brush, Kevyn aucoin foundation brush, real techniques buff and expert face brush, beauty blender etc etc. Nothing has worked...nothing. Once again I was caught up with the amazing reviews from bloggers. Hate, hate, hate it.

on 7/26/2016 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an absolutely lovely foundation. I have mature skin, not terribly dry (which I think might not work as well on a really dry skin JMHO). I have tried many foundations, lower-end when i was younger - all high-end for past several years. This is unbeatable. I have fairly light skin and the one foundation that is also good on me texture-wise and color is the EL Re-Nutriv Cream in Fresco for reference. In TD I am a perfect #7 - love it. Again, might now work for really dry skin.
The only downside is that there are not many shade choices and the lower-end numbers are pretty light.

on 7/9/2016 7:20:00 PM

This is a high quality product however it doesn't meet my foundation goals: med-high coverage, yellow based, lasting and non-cloying texture. This is really something for pink or beige based girls, dry-very dry skin and those who want light coverage. This has less pigment than a BB cream. Also its heavy for the coverage so I don't particularly enjoy using it since it has pooled into fine lines after 4hrs, there is too much migration. I could see this working for dry skin since it can suck up the moisture so it doesn't migrate as much. It looks as if I'm wearing make up with this as well, so I'm not inclined to recommend unless you try sample and you love it. I tried hard to make it work but gave it away after 2 weeks.

This is my favorite foundation for daily, flawless coverage, and I've tried dozens! I had been using and loving highly rated, extremely hardcore, very full-coverage pro foundations (including but not limited to Kat Von D Tattoo Lock It, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer, CoverFX Extreme Cover, MAC Pro Full Coverage Cream, RCMA, Kryolan, Graftobian) along with several popular medium to full-coverage commercial liquid and stick ones (i.e. Dior Star, Dior Capture Totale Anti-Aging, Chanel Lift, Marc Jacobs (re)Marcable, MUFE Ultra HD Stick, Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation, Tom Ford Traceless Stick and Perfecting Liquid Foundations, Suqqu Face Fix N+, et cetera). Don't get me wrong, they're all truly excellent in their own way, but I found that By Terry Densiliss foundation offered a way more "blurred, naturally luminous, lit from within skin finish without much blending, effort, or additional highlighters or glow enhancing primers.

Why does this take the very top slice of the base-cake? As I mentioned above, it blurs using bio-mimetic pigments and gel-ish textured polymers, instead of the usual flat color pigments and heavy silicones or waxes, so it looks almost ethereal while covering a a whole host of imperfections with an airbrushed, perfect finish.Sounds too good to be true? Well...

Truly, the only cons I can think of are:

* Not a great shade selection for very warm-yellow-olive skin tones (I use #7, and it is a pinch darker than ideal for my C25 winter skin tone, but quite close with a little blending)
* The price tag…OK, this is prohibitively expensive for most. It retails $116 for 1 fluid ounce, but you can use a three-installment payment plan on Beautylish, or Ebay to find yourself a bargain. It really is gorgeous, and easy to apply! I get compliments on my skin ALL THE TIME with this!

Added Bonus: It smells like roses!!!

on 7/5/2016 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been a loyal 'brand' kind of gal when it comes to my make up through the years, and especially foundation. I'm 45 and this year I've been on a quest to find a foundation that helps my skin appear younger. I have somewhat good skin but am seeing some fine lines appearing on my forehead (and when I smile around my eyes). This is amazing. It goes on beautifully (I use 2 pumps and apply with a brush). I finish it off with the By Terry loose powder but am starting to think that the powder isn't necessary. My skin looks better with just the foundation. It's very expensive (the most expensive one I've found!) but I love it and will buy again...

on 1/14/2016 7:01:00 AM

Eversince I got Terribly Densiliss, I never touch my Cover Expert anymore. TD doesn't enhance dry patches like CE do which is horrible! I've combination skin, I'm 20 (some of yall might think I'm quit young for a serum foundation but trust me, where I live in causes so much damage to our skin and most of us here started using anti-aging products at a young age). I'm an NC30 and I have TD in no. 5 Medium Peach and CE in no. 7 Vanilla Beige. Medium Peach is quite too light and rosy for me but strangely it blends with my skintone seamlessly. It's coverage amaze me being it a serum foundation, I believe most of the other serum foundations only gives light coverage, I'd say TD gives medium but build-able coverage. I've been wearing TD for a good 1 week and have been loving it so far. I also set my base with By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra Powder, which I highly recommend too!

on 7/21/2015 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is pretty amazing stuff. I have oily/combo skin. And this just lasts without feeling mask like and cemented on the face. The finish and quality is just so unique. No other foundation compares. But the price. AUD $152... I don't know. Yes I would repurchase because it's so hard for me to find a foundation that lasts and doesn't break me out. Can't lie though, it hurts the wallet!