Vaseline Lip Therapy - Rosy Lips

Vaseline Lip Therapy - Rosy Lips

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Vaseline's Lip Therapy seals in your lips' moisture. Cheap and effective. The mini container has easier access to the product. On the other hand, that adorable tin is a pain to open. That is the reason for the four stars on the packaging. I recommend this product.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy Lips is a lip care product I want everybody to have. I'm serious, I recommend buying, & in each flavor. There are three: Original, Rosy Lips, & Cocoa Butter. It is without doubt one of the best products I have used on my lips. I have both Original & Rosy, but this one is my favorite. I prefer this one even though I know the only difference is the fact it is fragranced & tinted. It's great for the cold winter weather that causes dry lips; the best thing about this in my opinion is how it's soothing in addition to moisturizing. The healing aspect is why I am a bigtime fan & why I recommend it more than I do even Carmex. This balm is made with one hundred percent pure petroleum jelly, the skin healing stuff we are all familiar with… I remember my mother rubbing it on scrapes when I was young & my brother's back after he'd burnt himself!

The packaging is a play on their original big tubs of petroleum jelly, which is cute! The tub itself is transparent & its lid is blue with a little nub on front used for lifting it off. I apply & smooth it onto my lips with a fingertip the way I do old-school Carmex. I don't particularly like that aspect, but I don't share my lip stuff with anybody (even family) so it isn't a big deal in that part. Other than that, the only issue is what to do with your finger that has jelly all over it. Like any other lip balm in a tin/tub, I must find a tissue or something to clean off the remaining product. The pinkness is a cute tiny & I like that it obviously doubles as a gloss. The color itself is sheer, but noticeable on pigmented lips. I think it's the pink color that makes it "better" than Original or Cocoa Butter. Regardless of which I use, Lip Therapy is the perfect lip balm to moisturize chapped lips.

What made me truly see what a good balm this is & the reason why it's now an essential in my lip care routine is it being able to be effective immediately, & give me effective results in one nite. Depression & anxiety cause a habit of biting or chewing on my lips – usually the bottom – & over the course of a week, licking, chewing, & biting left it inflamed. Cold, dry weather didn't help. Anyway, I slathered a good amount on one nite since I was desperate & in a matter of seconds, the pain from cracks & dryness was soothed. My lips even looked better. By the morning, my lips were almost totally healed! Some of the jelly had absorbed into my skin but a good amount was still there. It is so long-lasting that I can use this as an overnite therapy if I need to.

It costs around $1.50, but I do see it up to $1.90. Regardless, it's less than $2 & I can get all 3 of its flavors (Original, Rose Lips, & Cocoa Butter) for less than $5. It's not "tiny" for its price; that's my opinion though. Good quality balms everyone can afford are a blessing.

on 2/19/2017 2:38:00 AM

I like this and it is currently my go-to lip balm. The actual product is great--very moisturizing. I don't really like the packaging. It's still half full and I find myself having to clean out my fingernails after dipping my finger in the tiny little jar. I probably should use a lip brush but who has time for that?

I like the faint scent of rose and overall it's a good, moisturizing lip balm. A squeeze tube would make a lot more sense though!

on 12/28/2016 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product and have been using it for over a year. I buy the flat tins and love that packaging better than the one that's pictured here.

wonderful product, very effective on moisturizing

on 10/22/2016 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's almost impossible to find these where I live, but I really like these for when I'm sick and for overnight lip treatments. This Vaseline is also thicker than regular Vaseline so it's good for occasional daytime application. I don't like the Vaseline in the tin as much because it's regular Vaseline, thin and slippery and if I move my lips even a little, it gets in my mouth. The price for the lip therapy tubs is kind of ridiculous because compared to a jar of Vaseline, this is REALLY expensive. But luckily, these tubs last a while.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Sadly, this is NOT the same as the highly hyped Vaseline Rosy Lips from the UK that I'd been hoping would come to the U.S. :( THIS is actually just plain Vaseline petroleum jelly with added red dye for color and some rose fragrance. It does not contain the moisturizing ingredients and oils that are in the original European version of the product. Bummer. I bet the UK version is so much more moisturizing. This version does a fine job as an occlusive layer, and softens any dry spots overnight. However, it does nothing for me if applied during the day. I really have to use a thick layer of this overnight to get my lips back in shape...but it does work. I will continue my hunt for a daytime product to keep my lips from drying out so much before bedtime, though.

on 10/17/2016 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm a pretty big fan of regular Vaseline/petroleum products. They do a miraculous job of sealing moisture in (which is why I encourage applying them to damp skin..). However the Vaseline Lip Therapy has let me down.

I've repurchased several times just to give it another chance. Honestly, I don't see what the big hype is about surrounding this product. Even applied to damp lips, I feel like the moisture properties are missing. When I apply it for overnight wear, I don't wake up with dry lips. But - they're not supple either. It's as if the outer layers of skin on my lips refuse to shed while wearing this. Oddly enough, there have been plenty of lip balms containing petroleum jelly that pass the test. Perhaps the difference is those contain other moisturizing agents while Vaseline Lip Therapy is just...vaseline.

Which brings me to my last point - this is dirt cheap. But if you're really pinching pennies, just go and buy the full size plain vaseline tub. There's really no difference other than food coloring and flavor additives (neither have separate benefits).

on 8/27/2016 2:47:00 PM

I love love love this product! The packaging is sooo adorable and cute. Very moisturizing with a tint of color.

on 8/23/2016 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's Vaseline with a hint of Rose tint. Tint barely discernible on lips. Cute container but wish it had a flip cap.