Vaseline Lip Therapy - Rosy Lips

Vaseline Lip Therapy - Rosy Lips

on 2/19/2017 2:38:00 AM

I like this and it is currently my go-to lip balm. The actual product is great--very moisturizing. I don't really like the packaging. It's still half full and I find myself having to clean out my fingernails after dipping my finger in the tiny little jar. I probably should use a lip brush but who has time for that?

I like the faint scent of rose and overall it's a good, moisturizing lip balm. A squeeze tube would make a lot more sense though!

on 12/28/2016 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product and have been using it for over a year. I buy the flat tins and love that packaging better than the one that's pictured here.

wonderful product, very effective on moisturizing

on 10/22/2016 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's almost impossible to find these where I live, but I really like these for when I'm sick and for overnight lip treatments. This Vaseline is also thicker than regular Vaseline so it's good for occasional daytime application. I don't like the Vaseline in the tin as much because it's regular Vaseline, thin and slippery and if I move my lips even a little, it gets in my mouth. The price for the lip therapy tubs is kind of ridiculous because compared to a jar of Vaseline, this is REALLY expensive. But luckily, these tubs last a while.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Sadly, this is NOT the same as the highly hyped Vaseline Rosy Lips from the UK that I'd been hoping would come to the U.S. :( THIS is actually just plain Vaseline petroleum jelly with added red dye for color and some rose fragrance. It does not contain the moisturizing ingredients and oils that are in the original European version of the product. Bummer. I bet the UK version is so much more moisturizing. This version does a fine job as an occlusive layer, and softens any dry spots overnight. However, it does nothing for me if applied during the day. I really have to use a thick layer of this overnight to get my lips back in shape...but it does work. I will continue my hunt for a daytime product to keep my lips from drying out so much before bedtime, though.

on 10/17/2016 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm a pretty big fan of regular Vaseline/petroleum products. They do a miraculous job of sealing moisture in (which is why I encourage applying them to damp skin..). However the Vaseline Lip Therapy has let me down.

I've repurchased several times just to give it another chance. Honestly, I don't see what the big hype is about surrounding this product. Even applied to damp lips, I feel like the moisture properties are missing. When I apply it for overnight wear, I don't wake up with dry lips. But - they're not supple either. It's as if the outer layers of skin on my lips refuse to shed while wearing this. Oddly enough, there have been plenty of lip balms containing petroleum jelly that pass the test. Perhaps the difference is those contain other moisturizing agents while Vaseline Lip Therapy is just...vaseline.

Which brings me to my last point - this is dirt cheap. But if you're really pinching pennies, just go and buy the full size plain vaseline tub. There's really no difference other than food coloring and flavor additives (neither have separate benefits).

on 8/27/2016 2:47:00 PM

I love love love this product! The packaging is sooo adorable and cute. Very moisturizing with a tint of color.

on 8/23/2016 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's Vaseline with a hint of Rose tint. Tint barely discernible on lips. Cute container but wish it had a flip cap.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have very dry lips and I love this product. It is amazing. It moisturizes my lips and leaves them feeling soft and hydrated for hours.
I love the scent(very light and rosy) and packaging
I am a lip balm junkie and this is the only product that has actually helped my lips and I've tried a lot.

I would definitely (and have) recommend this to a friend.
I've repurchased twice(the creme brulee and this one)

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Not too sticky but the packaging could have a wider mouth, so as to make it easier to get to the last of the product. I give these as stocking stuffers to my girlfriends.