Vaseline Lip Therapy - Rosy Lips

Vaseline Lip Therapy - Rosy Lips

Its petroleum jelly, its vaseline, what can go wrong... my mom gave me one and i used it for my dry lips, i felt it was numbing and i was thinking maybe its working well, 2nd day lips felt like its turning to be like angelina jolie but atill i thought maybe it will dry all up and dead skin will fall up, so used it for the next 3 days, but lips because more rough and all dried up, a but painful if il stretch the lips.... its not rosy at all its scaly

I really dislike this product, and much prefer the tinned version (the UK version, I believe) of Lip Therapy. The one that comes in this small plastic container is thick, sticky, and does not do much for my lips, requiring many reapplications throughout the day.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Vaseline Lip Therapy in Rosy Lips is a lip care product I want everybody to have. I'm serious, I recommend buying, & in each flavor. There are three: Original, Rosy Lips, & Cocoa Butter. It is without doubt one of the best products I have used on my lips. I have both Original & Rosy, but this one is my favorite. I prefer this one even though I know the only difference is the fact it is fragranced & tinted. It's great for the cold winter weather that causes dry lips; the best thing about this in my opinion is how it's soothing in addition to moisturizing. The healing aspect is why I am a bigtime fan & why I recommend it more than I do even Carmex. This balm is made with one hundred percent pure petroleum jelly, the skin healing stuff we are all familiar with… I remember my mother rubbing it on scrapes when I was young & my brother's back after he'd burnt himself!

The packaging is a play on their original big tubs of petroleum jelly, which is cute! The tub itself is transparent & its lid is blue with a little nub on front used for lifting it off. I apply & smooth it onto my lips with a fingertip the way I do old-school Carmex. I don't particularly like that aspect, but I don't share my lip stuff with anybody (even family) so it isn't a big deal in that part. Other than that, the only issue is what to do with your finger that has jelly all over it. Like any other lip balm in a tin/tub, I must find a tissue or something to clean off the remaining product. The pinkness is a cute tiny & I like that it obviously doubles as a gloss. The color itself is sheer, but noticeable on pigmented lips. I think it's the pink color that makes it "better" than Original or Cocoa Butter. Regardless of which I use, Lip Therapy is the perfect lip balm to moisturize chapped lips.

What made me truly see what a good balm this is & the reason why it's now an essential in my lip care routine is it being able to be effective immediately, & give me effective results in one nite. Depression & anxiety cause a habit of biting or chewing on my lips – usually the bottom – & over the course of a week, licking, chewing, & biting left it inflamed. Cold, dry weather didn't help. Anyway, I slathered a good amount on one nite since I was desperate & in a matter of seconds, the pain from cracks & dryness was soothed. My lips even looked better. By the morning, my lips were almost totally healed! Some of the jelly had absorbed into my skin but a good amount was still there. It is so long-lasting that I can use this as an overnite therapy if I need to.

It costs around $1.50, but I do see it up to $1.90. Regardless, it's less than $2 & I can get all 3 of its flavors (Original, Rose Lips, & Cocoa Butter) for less than $5. It's not "tiny" for its price; that's my opinion though. Good quality balms everyone can afford are a blessing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Vaseline's Lip Therapy seals in your lips' moisture. Cheap and effective. The mini container has easier access to the product. On the other hand, that adorable tin is a pain to open. That is the reason for the four stars on the packaging. I recommend this product.

I love this stuff!! Keeps my lips so soft and smooth. The only thing I hate that its a tub you have to stick your finger in! I would much rather a squeeze tube but i over look that for the results it gives my sensitive lips!

on 5/13/2017 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this! Everyone should have this product, its so good. Its small enough to bring with you anywhere, I prefer this to the actual original vaseline tub. The rose makes this feel like an actual lip care product and adds the tiniest, very sheen, color of pink. I love anything rose really. The price is good, I don't like the idea of using my finer to put this on since they won't always be clean (when you're out and have been in contact with the world's germs). This can also get in your nail which I don't like at all. But the product is great.

on 2/19/2017 2:38:00 AM

I like this and it is currently my go-to lip balm. The actual product is great--very moisturizing. I don't really like the packaging. It's still half full and I find myself having to clean out my fingernails after dipping my finger in the tiny little jar. I probably should use a lip brush but who has time for that?

I like the faint scent of rose and overall it's a good, moisturizing lip balm. A squeeze tube would make a lot more sense though!

on 12/28/2016 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product and have been using it for over a year. I buy the flat tins and love that packaging better than the one that's pictured here.

on 10/22/2016 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

It's almost impossible to find these where I live, but I really like these for when I'm sick and for overnight lip treatments. This Vaseline is also thicker than regular Vaseline so it's good for occasional daytime application. I don't like the Vaseline in the tin as much because it's regular Vaseline, thin and slippery and if I move my lips even a little, it gets in my mouth. The price for the lip therapy tubs is kind of ridiculous because compared to a jar of Vaseline, this is REALLY expensive. But luckily, these tubs last a while.

wonderful product, very effective on moisturizing