Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Having acquired two vintage bottles of Vanilla Fields I've had two completely different reactions to a perfume I've never used before. The first bottle was a horrible smell that eventually morphed into a semi-respectable version of a synthetic vanilla. I wondered what all the fuss was about. And then I happened upon my second bottle, tested it, and found out. No wonder people speak so highly of this little gem! These are vanilla fields, hot with a charred long on the fire smell, when the fire needs to be tended because it's gone too low, only embers are showing with the darkness of the burnt logs. Sure you have a few moments of alcohol whizz to wait through, but once you get through that, then Vanilla Fields begins its journey. The fire needs to be resumed and you're in dire need of replenishment leaves and twigs. It's dark and late, you're foraging and all you find are leaves on the damper side, leaves that have been rotting for awhile, but they'll do with the twigs to spark the dead fire. It comes to life with smoke, the smoke of the fire yet you still have the smell of the wet decayed leaves on your gloves. This is primitive camping at night, late fall, a crisp 40 something degrees and you sit back, a job well done, inhaling the woods around you, the fire in front of you and the forests smell on you. For a very inexpensive perfume, it's worth the try. It has never given me a true vanilla flavor, whether back in the day or now with these two bottles and that's what chemistry is all about. Vanilla Fields seems more about a patchouli woods experience, a very light synthetic vanilla base. A cold weather scent that works very differently for me, and that's what perfume is all about, too. There is a world of difference between "smoke" and "burnt" and both can be equally appreciated in perfumes, especially in the cooler or cold weather months. "Smoke" evokes images of fires and fireplaces, hearths with cinders and smoke curling up chimneys. "Burnt" brings to mind the aftermath of the fire, the logs burnt and charred, blackened with dense smoke. Equally pleasurable, both distinct. No florals for me here, but there are some slightly musky undertones mixed in with the woods. Winds down after roughly five to six hours at the minimum and projection is quite good for an inexpensive drugstore classic. I really do enjoy that charred smell, it's quite different. I could mix in some vanilla with it, but I'm not one to mix my perfumes. I like to let them stand on their own.
Top Notes: Bergamot, Coconut, Peach.
Middle Notes: Lily-Of-Valley, Jasmine, Geranium.
Base Notes: Amber, Virginia Cedar, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk, Tonka Bean, Vanilla.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't realize I could feel so much hate for a perfume I wasn't allergic to. The perfume itself smells like cheap, fake vanilla. It smells like a twelve year old. That in itself isn't so bad. I like the smell of walmart cottoncandy body spray, my taste in scents is not terribly mature. What really bothers me is how this scent reacts on many people. It smells overwhelmingly like body odor. I use to think this smell was from girls in my highschool trying to mask the odor with massive amounts of perfume, but I've come to realize that it's the perfume itself. I've witnessed the scent come alive minutes after being applied, starting to reek of BO. It's such a heavy scent that sticks around in the air. I've done paperwork in the hall at work because the scent was lingering around the office. Ugh.

Reminds me of high school. Like a treasured old sweater I pull it out from time to time for the old memories. :)

I wore this perfume for years when I was younger. I was a flight attendant and couldn't wear anything strong or offensive. This was perfect for that. Of course I wore it mostly because I couldn't afford anything more expensive at the time, however, strangely enough---out of all the perfumes I have worn, some being over 100.00 a bottle, Vanilla Fields has gotten the most compliments by far. I wear Gucci by Gucci now and get some compliments, but not nearly as many as when I wore Vanilla Fields.
I hadn't smelled VF in years so the other day I spritzed some on at the drug store and not a half an hour later, I had already received three compliments. Not sure what it is about this fragrance, but it does seem to go over well with folks.
I may just get myself a bottle to have on hand.
UPDATE******I picked up a small bottle of this yesterday real cheap at a discount store. I wore it today and sure enough...I got 3 compliments! Proves my theory on this stuff. It is YUMMY! Those are the first compliments I have receieved in years. The last time was when I used to wear this stuff. Amazing.

I could not detest a fragrance more than this one. It literally turns my stomach and gives me the most lovely of gag reflexes. This gets the record of the only perfume that has ever caused me to yak. (In HS a girl next to my locker would douse herself in this every hour, and finally my stomach had enough). I like musk, I like some vanillas (not sweet ones), but these two notes do not make a happy marriage to my poor nose. I literally have to leave a room if someone is wearing this fragrance-it has the affect of following the wearer around in a cloud of stink, which I guess is great for someone who actually likes it. It is a VERY cloying fragrance - the vanilla notes are too sweet, the floral notes are over the top, and the musk smells like dirty skin. I obviously don't wear this fragrance and I would be so happy if no one else did either=(.

I bought a .5 oz. mini of Coty's Vanilla Fields at the drugstore and have really enjoyed it. It's a comfort-scent for me, warm, sweet, and a bit powdery. It must smell good on me because my compliment-stingy husband even commented on how nice it smells. Actually, Vanilla Fields reminds me very much of Annick Goutal's Songes. But I actually prefer Vanilla Fields because it doesn't have the weird rubbery note that Songes has on me. Here are the notes I found online: vanilla, jasmine, violet, bergamot, ylang-ylang and mimosa. It is a vanillic floral-oriental, not a foody-gourmand vanilla.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was a big scent when I was in college- along with SunFlowers and CKOne. I remember the guys always flocking around this one particular girl- saying how great she smelled. It was like bees to honey, really! Then I found out what her secret weapon was- Vanilla Fields. I wasn't overly interested in (nor could I afford) perfume at that time. Then one of my aunts discovered it and used such a heavy hand with it- I couldn't stand the smell for a long time. I recently tried it again- I'm so glad I did. Maybe it's not complex or niche, but it is a lovely powdery, woody vanilla- easy on the pocketbook and nose. Sometimes life is complicated enough and Vanilla Fields is like aromatherapy to me!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This has been a favorite for over a decade, it's not expensive & smells really good. It's one of those perfumes you need to spray lightly because it CAN become overpowering but when sprayed sparingly, it has a very inviting scent.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I too used to love this fragrance in my early 20s. I did not get bored of it, just moved on. I still like to stop and sniff it in the stores. Nilla just is not my thang anymore. Seriously maybe I will cycle back around to it in my 80s.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Just ew. I love the smell of vanilla, but this is just overpowering and artificial. (I got a bottle *and* the body lotion for Christmas. Blech!)

Popular Fragrances