Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The scent reminds me of an older english lady, having tea in the garden of her humble country home. Waiting for her dear husband who was lost at sea several years ago. One sip reminds her of her ballet lessons as a child. Another sip reminds her of the formality she grew up in, surrounded by family, by political correctness and rules a true lady should never fail to put in practice. And finally, her last, but precious sip of tea reminds her of all the classic vintage romance she once had with the love of her life. Dancing , laughing and making love in the flower fields that surrounded their home.
She did find a message in a bottle by the sea with two words ''Vanilla Fields''.

This perfume is mature, powdery, lightly musky with a dash of vanilla. It may come off as too old at the beginning a bit like one's grandmother's scent. But it soon fades into sweetness and comfort...just like grandma.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This seems to have been reformulated since the 90's when I wore it as a kid. I remember a pretty linear sweet vanilla scent with a hint of musk. Now it's got some powdery floral mixed in that's not very pleasant in my opinion. That floral blast at the beginning does tone down after the topnotes disappear though, and the sweet vanilla scent that I know and love begins to come through. That powdery vibe tends to linger through the whole thing.
It's a decent scent, a great deal around the holidays (I got my 11ml bottle for $3 at Walmart). But it's not the same scent as I (and many others) remember from their childhood or remember their mothers wearing. I wish they would bring the original formula back!

I use to wear this when I was in high school and always received compliments on how nice I smelled from both men and women. People would always say "You always smells so nice!". I even had a guy follow me around the library for 5 whole minutes before coming up to me and confessing that he had been following me because I smelled so good.

One of my friends who loved the smell on me went and purchased it for herself and complained that it smelled horrible on her but so good on me. I figured it had a lot of do with body chemistry and just wasn't working for her.

I've had other more expensive perfumes but never have I received compliments as when I use to wear Vanilla Fields. I'm going to purchase it again years later since it's the only one that gets people's attention.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My very best friend used to wear this in Jr. High/High school (late 80's/early 90's). I used to tell her that she smelled like corn. ;p This scent definitly never did anything for me. I could never detect the vanilla tones that are supposed to be there... again, more like corn fields!

Popular Fragrances