Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

Filtered by hair type : Curly

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVED this perfume. I started wearing it in the 90's as a teenager. I stopped wearing it because a friend found out what I was wearing and started wearing it too. It did smell different back in the 1990's. It was less floral and more vanilla-amber-powder. It's still lovely though. I recently bought the gift set for $7, it was half off at Walmart the day after Christmas. I can usually find it at Walmart and sometimes Walgreens around the holidays.
The floral notes seem more prominent and are very tropical and balmy. I think it almost smells tropical because of the flowers mixing with the coconut. It is intense at first and very floral. It only lasts a half hour tops and then I get lots of vanilla mixed with tonka bean and some musk and powder. The final dry down is vanilla cookie chemistry.
The new formulation gives me a headache. It's nothing like the 1990's version which was a lovely vanilla, amber and sandalwood. It had little florals.
The new formulation is terrible.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Believe it or not, I'd never smelled this until recently (or maybe I did and forgot). This is good stuff! It reminds me a bit of BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar, with maybe a touch more muskiness. It lasts all day, too. Worth $9.99!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was a big scent when I was in college- along with SunFlowers and CKOne. I remember the guys always flocking around this one particular girl- saying how great she smelled. It was like bees to honey, really! Then I found out what her secret weapon was- Vanilla Fields. I wasn't overly interested in (nor could I afford) perfume at that time. Then one of my aunts discovered it and used such a heavy hand with it- I couldn't stand the smell for a long time. I recently tried it again- I'm so glad I did. Maybe it's not complex or niche, but it is a lovely powdery, woody vanilla- easy on the pocketbook and nose. Sometimes life is complicated enough and Vanilla Fields is like aromatherapy to me!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My very best friend used to wear this in Jr. High/High school (late 80's/early 90's). I used to tell her that she smelled like corn. ;p This scent definitly never did anything for me. I could never detect the vanilla tones that are supposed to be there... again, more like corn fields!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

All I can say is this is headache inducing, and this does not smell subtle or nice on anyone who has worn it in my presence.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

A good old tried and true scent that I go back to from time to time. Very light and pleasant smelling without being overbearing. Worth trying out.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my new signature scent. It is soft, vanilla-y, with a light touch of jasmine. great for day or night, any time of the year. Plus it doesn't cost me an arm or leg to buy.

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I love Vanilla Fields and have for years. At a junior high dance my date said, "You smell like your skin looks, sweet and soft." I fell in love with him and the fragrance!!! This is a must try and is so inexpensive