Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

Filtered by skin type : Combination

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The scent reminds me of an older english lady, having tea in the garden of her humble country home. Waiting for her dear husband who was lost at sea several years ago. One sip reminds her of her ballet lessons as a child. Another sip reminds her of the formality she grew up in, surrounded by family, by political correctness and rules a true lady should never fail to put in practice. And finally, her last, but precious sip of tea reminds her of all the classic vintage romance she once had with the love of her life. Dancing , laughing and making love in the flower fields that surrounded their home.
She did find a message in a bottle by the sea with two words ''Vanilla Fields''.

This perfume is mature, powdery, lightly musky with a dash of vanilla. It may come off as too old at the beginning a bit like one's grandmother's scent. But it soon fades into sweetness and comfort...just like grandma.

Wow! I love this scent and so do all of the men in my life: father, brothers, boyfriend. I wore expensive fragrances: D&G, Dior, even a couple from Italy. I picked this bottle up while restocking on another scent. When I put it one weekend I got a lot of compliments. My father said I smelled like vanilla ice cream, his favorite. My brothers kept hugging me. My boyfriend said it was his favorite and admitted that D& G light blue smelled like hand sanitizer on me :-P He wants me to wear it more often. A 12 dollar bottle of perfume? Wow. I hope I can find it again.

I use to wear this when I was in high school and always received compliments on how nice I smelled from both men and women. People would always say "You always smells so nice!". I even had a guy follow me around the library for 5 whole minutes before coming up to me and confessing that he had been following me because I smelled so good.

One of my friends who loved the smell on me went and purchased it for herself and complained that it smelled horrible on her but so good on me. I figured it had a lot of do with body chemistry and just wasn't working for her.

I've had other more expensive perfumes but never have I received compliments as when I use to wear Vanilla Fields. I'm going to purchase it again years later since it's the only one that gets people's attention.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Believe it or not, I'd never smelled this until recently (or maybe I did and forgot). This is good stuff! It reminds me a bit of BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar, with maybe a touch more muskiness. It lasts all day, too. Worth $9.99!

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

When I was about 12 years old, I recieved this as a gift, but even back then I was too discerning to wear it with any regularity. I remember trying to force myself to like it, but I never did. It smells like vanilla extract, or like someone has been drinking vanilla vodka. That's all you need in the seventh grade is for your teachers to think you're an alcoholic. Men usually tend to like vanilla scents (even though I'm not a big fan), but most of the guys I know who have smelled this on a woman say that this smells like a stripper in a dive bar, or like a teenager's attempt at sex appeal.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This fragrance has been around for years and so has my obsession with vanilla. I remember smelling this for the first time at 12 years old. I had been gifted three small bottles of this. I can remember thinking it was clearly not an appropriate choice to be my first perfume. Fast forward almost ten years. I've revisited this scent and I still don't find this perfume to be appropriate. Upon first spritz I'm bombarded by its strength! The one spritz I sprayed was cloying and heavy. The most irritating aspect of that first part, is that there was no discernible scent to it. I could not identify vanilla or any of the florals. It was one loud scent without any clear notes. On my skin it took roughly two hours for this fragrance to dry down into something even mildly acceptable. By then the vanilla had become quite apparent but I just didn't feel it was blended well with the other notes. The final result was just okay, nothing to write home about. I adore vanilla and this did eventually deliver on that, plus the lasting power was excellent on me. Two lippies for those qualities. The packaging isn't the prettiest and could probably use an update. Overall, to my nose it does smell like a drugstore fragrance. There's no mistaking this for a Frederic Malle or a L'artisan.

Ahh it's reminds me of junior high! I recently re-purchased this fragrance. It reminds me of the good ol' days. And surprisingly, I get alot of compliments when i wear it!! I like to wear as a day fragrance. All you need is two squirts of it, cause it is rather strong. But I love it!

Cheap, and not very chic, but I like it.

Lots of people bash this one, and yes, it isn't all that sophisticated or interesting, but for those days when you want comfort and simplicity, this is the scent to go for. I really like it, everything considered. And all the people around me like it, too. Perfect for a cold, dreary fall or winter day - when the sleet or rain is beating down on the house, but the fire is cozy and there's hot chocolate and cookies around, along with all the people you love -

This is in my regular rotation, along with fragrances that cost three times its cost, but simply stated, it's an old favorite. I think if a person tries it at least once, and lets it dry down and wear a bit, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Reminds me of high school. Like a treasured old sweater I pull it out from time to time for the old memories. :)

I want to always keep a bottle of this fragrance around as a "corrector" fragrance. I do not use it as a stand alone, but as an enhancer/corrector for those frags I bought that ended up being set aside because they were not sweet enough to suit me. So, I can use VF to fix them up into desirables that I can wear. This method has been successful many times and because of that I give VF a rating of 3, only because it is waaay too sweet as a stand alone, but combined with one that is not sweet, it works great!

Popular Fragrances