Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

Filtered by skin type : Other

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't realize I could feel so much hate for a perfume I wasn't allergic to. The perfume itself smells like cheap, fake vanilla. It smells like a twelve year old. That in itself isn't so bad. I like the smell of walmart cottoncandy body spray, my taste in scents is not terribly mature. What really bothers me is how this scent reacts on many people. It smells overwhelmingly like body odor. I use to think this smell was from girls in my highschool trying to mask the odor with massive amounts of perfume, but I've come to realize that it's the perfume itself. I've witnessed the scent come alive minutes after being applied, starting to reek of BO. It's such a heavy scent that sticks around in the air. I've done paperwork in the hall at work because the scent was lingering around the office. Ugh.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This stuff makes me feel really cozy, but not in a good way! This perfume is way too stuffy and powerful. I don't really like vanilla scented perfume in the first place, and this stuff I definitely don't like.

Although I'm not a fan of Vanilla Fields (smells very similar to the expensive Casmir by Chopard!!), I agree that some drugstore fragrances can smell very good and "expensive" too. All the famous, legendary "old" Coty fragrances were sold in drugstores! This was the idea of Coty. Many luxury high-end-price-fragrances do not smell better!! To make a brand new perfume famous, is all tough, very expensive and clever marketing strategy. I remember that inexpensive Vanilla Fields was a very popular top-seller when it came out. So many women loved it!! If you are self-confident enough, you will wear the fragrance you love. Try to forget price, ad, bottle and make your own decision. Info from the internet: Vanilla Fields, 1993 Coty(Benckiser) France.

Olfactive family: Oriental. Olfactive description: Fruity Floral Sweet Oriental Ambery Woody Vanillic. Remarks:FiFi Winner!!!!! :-))))

So I've had this random bottle of Vanilla Fields sitting around for a long time - I never really wore it, save for once, when it made me a little ill, as I'd overapplied. I think that it might have cost me $10 at most. At any rate, last night, I was a little bored with my current rotation and thought I'd whip it out for a test drive. I applied a small spritz to the wrists and did a walk through, and WOW! When I emerged, my husband complimented me on my scent - which NEVER happens. By the end of the evening, I'd received six - SIX - compliments from everyone who sniffed me. The hostess at the restaurant politely asked, "May I ask what scent you're wearing? I'm sorry to be so forward, but you smell AMAZING." The waiter came over and commented, "Well someone here smells fantastic!" and my in-laws both nearly swooned.

I will say this: a tiny dab'll do ya. Oversprayed, this goes too smoky and quickly becomes dangerously overpowering.

$10. For the love of God. I'm wasting my money on high-end scents. Wasting, I tell you!

Ahhh. Junior high. The big time. As I moved from elementary school to middle school I graduated from Love's Baby Soft to this--made a new friend and she wore it so we both wore it; how very junior high of me!--then I quickly moved from this to BB Skin Musk. I'm pretty sure the other girls I sat next to in school were wearing much stronger scents than Vanilla Fields. The kind that made teachers, when asked for help, try to talk while holding their breath. VF is cheap, sure, but even now I think it's a pretty decent fragrance for the price. Very light in my opinion. I don't think quite as highly of it as I once did, but I also thought rather highly of stirrup pants, HyperColor shirts, and a t-shirt that said "Can't Touch This." I look back at Vanilla Fields in the same way I look back at those clothes: with loving and laughing nostalgia.

I used to LOVE this fragrance - one of a kind scent. A bit musky but very nice. I used it too much and now got bored of it. Maybe in a few years I'll come back. (this scent lasted me ALL day)

Unfortunately I have to give this scent a one since I don't really like it on me at all. It smells like a very cheap foral and I can hardly smell any vanilla. I was really hoping that this would smell like a very nice vanilla scent for a reasonable price but Unfortunately it didn't turn out that way to be. :(

Well, I had a bottle of this the first year it came out, in the parfum, I think. I was in my mid 20's and wore my first bottle down to the bottom. I never did that with any other perfume, ever! It was my signature. Got lots of compliments. When my first bottle ran out I got the eau de toilete and lasted 2 weeks wondering why it did not smell the same. There was a note on the box saying different lots would vary in scent and color because of the "natural ingredients", etc. I found the parfum recently at Big Lots and bought it hoping for the best. I found it overpowering and my boyfriend thought it too "perfumy." Oh well, I still have fond memories of my original bottle, with it's original supplier, with the original yumminess, and college flashbacks. Or else my nose/preferences have changed since. Or maybe I am just getting old :) Still, a three for old time's sake, and I will rate it a "yes" anyway.

OK. I'll confess it. I know this is a cheapie that lots of people slam, but I have to admit, I like the parfum. The spray doesn't do too much for me, but the parfum has this rich vanilla, bourbon and possibly a hint of floral scent to it that is lovely. Not too cheap/chemical-smelling and not too sweet. It's not as rich as Casmir, but it is a refreshing and lovely vanilla scent. If you've been turned off by the cologne spray, try to find the parfum. Completely different (and better) scent. Well worth the nine bucks!

Popular Fragrances