Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

Filtered by skin tone : Other

2.4

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

This stuff makes me feel really cozy, but not in a good way! This perfume is way too stuffy and powerful. I don't really like vanilla scented perfume in the first place, and this stuff I definitely don't like.

Although I'm not a fan of Vanilla Fields (smells very similar to the expensive Casmir by Chopard!!), I agree that some drugstore fragrances can smell very good and "expensive" too. All the famous, legendary "old" Coty fragrances were sold in drugstores! This was the idea of Coty. Many luxury high-end-price-fragrances do not smell better!! To make a brand new perfume famous, is all tough, very expensive and clever marketing strategy. I remember that inexpensive Vanilla Fields was a very popular top-seller when it came out. So many women loved it!! If you are self-confident enough, you will wear the fragrance you love. Try to forget price, ad, bottle and make your own decision. Info from the internet: Vanilla Fields, 1993 Coty(Benckiser) France.

Olfactive family: Oriental. Olfactive description: Fruity Floral Sweet Oriental Ambery Woody Vanillic. Remarks:FiFi Winner!!!!! :-))))

Ahhh. Junior high. The big time. As I moved from elementary school to middle school I graduated from Love's Baby Soft to this--made a new friend and she wore it so we both wore it; how very junior high of me!--then I quickly moved from this to BB Skin Musk. I'm pretty sure the other girls I sat next to in school were wearing much stronger scents than Vanilla Fields. The kind that made teachers, when asked for help, try to talk while holding their breath. VF is cheap, sure, but even now I think it's a pretty decent fragrance for the price. Very light in my opinion. I don't think quite as highly of it as I once did, but I also thought rather highly of stirrup pants, HyperColor shirts, and a t-shirt that said "Can't Touch This." I look back at Vanilla Fields in the same way I look back at those clothes: with loving and laughing nostalgia.

This is some pretty icky stuff! My mom received it as a gift, and we both scrunched up our noses to it. Ugh..heavy, sickening, vanilla.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

All I can say is this is headache inducing, and this does not smell subtle or nice on anyone who has worn it in my presence.

Well, I had a bottle of this the first year it came out, in the parfum, I think. I was in my mid 20's and wore my first bottle down to the bottom. I never did that with any other perfume, ever! It was my signature. Got lots of compliments. When my first bottle ran out I got the eau de toilete and lasted 2 weeks wondering why it did not smell the same. There was a note on the box saying different lots would vary in scent and color because of the "natural ingredients", etc. I found the parfum recently at Big Lots and bought it hoping for the best. I found it overpowering and my boyfriend thought it too "perfumy." Oh well, I still have fond memories of my original bottle, with it's original supplier, with the original yumminess, and college flashbacks. Or else my nose/preferences have changed since. Or maybe I am just getting old :) Still, a three for old time's sake, and I will rate it a "yes" anyway.

OK. I'll confess it. I know this is a cheapie that lots of people slam, but I have to admit, I like the parfum. The spray doesn't do too much for me, but the parfum has this rich vanilla, bourbon and possibly a hint of floral scent to it that is lovely. Not too cheap/chemical-smelling and not too sweet. It's not as rich as Casmir, but it is a refreshing and lovely vanilla scent. If you've been turned off by the cologne spray, try to find the parfum. Completely different (and better) scent. Well worth the nine bucks!

Popular Fragrances