Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

This is another one of those perfumes I am ashamed to say I ever wore. I went through about a year (when I was a young teenager) where I wore this constantly - every darn day. Now, when I smell it, I get sick. It's heavy, immature, and cheap. What was I thinking???

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVED this perfume. I started wearing it in the 90's as a teenager. I stopped wearing it because a friend found out what I was wearing and started wearing it too. It did smell different back in the 1990's. It was less floral and more vanilla-amber-powder. It's still lovely though. I recently bought the gift set for $7, it was half off at Walmart the day after Christmas. I can usually find it at Walmart and sometimes Walgreens around the holidays.
The floral notes seem more prominent and are very tropical and balmy. I think it almost smells tropical because of the flowers mixing with the coconut. It is intense at first and very floral. It only lasts a half hour tops and then I get lots of vanilla mixed with tonka bean and some musk and powder. The final dry down is vanilla cookie chemistry.
The new formulation gives me a headache. It's nothing like the 1990's version which was a lovely vanilla, amber and sandalwood. It had little florals.
The new formulation is terrible.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't realize I could feel so much hate for a perfume I wasn't allergic to. The perfume itself smells like cheap, fake vanilla. It smells like a twelve year old. That in itself isn't so bad. I like the smell of walmart cottoncandy body spray, my taste in scents is not terribly mature. What really bothers me is how this scent reacts on many people. It smells overwhelmingly like body odor. I use to think this smell was from girls in my highschool trying to mask the odor with massive amounts of perfume, but I've come to realize that it's the perfume itself. I've witnessed the scent come alive minutes after being applied, starting to reek of BO. It's such a heavy scent that sticks around in the air. I've done paperwork in the hall at work because the scent was lingering around the office. Ugh.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is a cloying, overly sweet mess and I'm not just saying that because I hate all things vanilla scented. I'm saying it because it is STRONG. One of only two perfumes to give me a headache. One little spray made my whole office, car and everything smell overwhelming. It smells like some kind of super sugary, fake vanilla confection and who wants to walk around smelling like a cheap cake? When it dies down it dies down and smells like exactly what it is, a very cheap drugstore perfume.

I could not detest a fragrance more than this one. It literally turns my stomach and gives me the most lovely of gag reflexes. This gets the record of the only perfume that has ever caused me to yak. (In HS a girl next to my locker would douse herself in this every hour, and finally my stomach had enough). I like musk, I like some vanillas (not sweet ones), but these two notes do not make a happy marriage to my poor nose. I literally have to leave a room if someone is wearing this fragrance-it has the affect of following the wearer around in a cloud of stink, which I guess is great for someone who actually likes it. It is a VERY cloying fragrance - the vanilla notes are too sweet, the floral notes are over the top, and the musk smells like dirty skin. I obviously don't wear this fragrance and I would be so happy if no one else did either=(.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

For the love of God. This stuff is offensive! Gives me a migraine within 2 minutes. It seems like NO ONE can wear it in moderation. Smells like some cheap hooker.

This is some pretty icky stuff! My mom received it as a gift, and we both scrunched up our noses to it. Ugh..heavy, sickening, vanilla.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

All I can say is this is headache inducing, and this does not smell subtle or nice on anyone who has worn it in my presence.

GAG, just dont care for the over done vanill scent

This has a really plastic-like scent in my opinion. I like vanilla and I like most florals but this mix of them is quite offensive to my nose. Vanilla fields? I think not. Maybe a field of Barbie dolls sprayed with 409 cleaning spray is more like it.

Popular Fragrances