Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've noticed some people tend to give negative reviews just because the price of an item. Very snobby! This happens to be made by Coty and sold in drugstores, so that is where all the negative reviews come from. Someone said it smells like a cheap hooker. Like you know what hookers smell like?PLEASE! Bottle this by Chanel and everyone would be praising it.

I like this perfume, it's long lasting and is not sickly sweet like most vanillas. Everyone has different chemistry,so it may stink on you but smells great on someone else.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This smells great, but makes me sad. Vanilla Fields was the only perfume my mother ever wore, and she has been gone for 5 years now. I can wear other Vanilla fragrances now but I don't think I'll ever be able to wear Vanilla Fields again. I can't even stand to smell it on other people. I can spot it in a crowd. Oh, well.

Update: My mom has been gone for 6 years now. I found myself missing the scent of Vanilla Fields and believe it or not I bought a small bottle this evening. It smells different now and doesn't remind me of sad times. After all I was the first one to wear it and mom copied me. My husband loves it, and I think my mom would be proud of me

So I've had this random bottle of Vanilla Fields sitting around for a long time - I never really wore it, save for once, when it made me a little ill, as I'd overapplied. I think that it might have cost me $10 at most. At any rate, last night, I was a little bored with my current rotation and thought I'd whip it out for a test drive. I applied a small spritz to the wrists and did a walk through, and WOW! When I emerged, my husband complimented me on my scent - which NEVER happens. By the end of the evening, I'd received six - SIX - compliments from everyone who sniffed me. The hostess at the restaurant politely asked, "May I ask what scent you're wearing? I'm sorry to be so forward, but you smell AMAZING." The waiter came over and commented, "Well someone here smells fantastic!" and my in-laws both nearly swooned.

I will say this: a tiny dab'll do ya. Oversprayed, this goes too smoky and quickly becomes dangerously overpowering.

$10. For the love of God. I'm wasting my money on high-end scents. Wasting, I tell you!

I wore this perfume for years when I was younger. I was a flight attendant and couldn't wear anything strong or offensive. This was perfect for that. Of course I wore it mostly because I couldn't afford anything more expensive at the time, however, strangely enough---out of all the perfumes I have worn, some being over 100.00 a bottle, Vanilla Fields has gotten the most compliments by far. I wear Gucci by Gucci now and get some compliments, but not nearly as many as when I wore Vanilla Fields.
I hadn't smelled VF in years so the other day I spritzed some on at the drug store and not a half an hour later, I had already received three compliments. Not sure what it is about this fragrance, but it does seem to go over well with folks.
I may just get myself a bottle to have on hand.
UPDATE******I picked up a small bottle of this yesterday real cheap at a discount store. I wore it today and sure enough...I got 3 compliments! Proves my theory on this stuff. It is YUMMY! Those are the first compliments I have receieved in years. The last time was when I used to wear this stuff. Amazing.

I bought a .5 oz. mini of Coty's Vanilla Fields at the drugstore and have really enjoyed it. It's a comfort-scent for me, warm, sweet, and a bit powdery. It must smell good on me because my compliment-stingy husband even commented on how nice it smells. Actually, Vanilla Fields reminds me very much of Annick Goutal's Songes. But I actually prefer Vanilla Fields because it doesn't have the weird rubbery note that Songes has on me. Here are the notes I found online: vanilla, jasmine, violet, bergamot, ylang-ylang and mimosa. It is a vanillic floral-oriental, not a foody-gourmand vanilla.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was a big scent when I was in college- along with SunFlowers and CKOne. I remember the guys always flocking around this one particular girl- saying how great she smelled. It was like bees to honey, really! Then I found out what her secret weapon was- Vanilla Fields. I wasn't overly interested in (nor could I afford) perfume at that time. Then one of my aunts discovered it and used such a heavy hand with it- I couldn't stand the smell for a long time. I recently tried it again- I'm so glad I did. Maybe it's not complex or niche, but it is a lovely powdery, woody vanilla- easy on the pocketbook and nose. Sometimes life is complicated enough and Vanilla Fields is like aromatherapy to me!

Although I'm not a fan of Vanilla Fields (smells very similar to the expensive Casmir by Chopard!!), I agree that some drugstore fragrances can smell very good and "expensive" too. All the famous, legendary "old" Coty fragrances were sold in drugstores! This was the idea of Coty. Many luxury high-end-price-fragrances do not smell better!! To make a brand new perfume famous, is all tough, very expensive and clever marketing strategy. I remember that inexpensive Vanilla Fields was a very popular top-seller when it came out. So many women loved it!! If you are self-confident enough, you will wear the fragrance you love. Try to forget price, ad, bottle and make your own decision. Info from the internet: Vanilla Fields, 1993 Coty(Benckiser) France.

Olfactive family: Oriental. Olfactive description: Fruity Floral Sweet Oriental Ambery Woody Vanillic. Remarks:FiFi Winner!!!!! :-))))

Cheap, and not very chic, but I like it.

Lots of people bash this one, and yes, it isn't all that sophisticated or interesting, but for those days when you want comfort and simplicity, this is the scent to go for. I really like it, everything considered. And all the people around me like it, too. Perfect for a cold, dreary fall or winter day - when the sleet or rain is beating down on the house, but the fire is cozy and there's hot chocolate and cookies around, along with all the people you love -

This is in my regular rotation, along with fragrances that cost three times its cost, but simply stated, it's an old favorite. I think if a person tries it at least once, and lets it dry down and wear a bit, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Believe it or not, I'd never smelled this until recently (or maybe I did and forgot). This is good stuff! It reminds me a bit of BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar, with maybe a touch more muskiness. It lasts all day, too. Worth $9.99!

I want to always keep a bottle of this fragrance around as a "corrector" fragrance. I do not use it as a stand alone, but as an enhancer/corrector for those frags I bought that ended up being set aside because they were not sweet enough to suit me. So, I can use VF to fix them up into desirables that I can wear. This method has been successful many times and because of that I give VF a rating of 3, only because it is waaay too sweet as a stand alone, but combined with one that is not sweet, it works great!

Popular Fragrances