Coty Vanilla Fields (parfum)

Filtered by age: 30-35

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I LOVED this perfume. I started wearing it in the 90's as a teenager. I stopped wearing it because a friend found out what I was wearing and started wearing it too. It did smell different back in the 1990's. It was less floral and more vanilla-amber-powder. It's still lovely though. I recently bought the gift set for $7, it was half off at Walmart the day after Christmas. I can usually find it at Walmart and sometimes Walgreens around the holidays.
The floral notes seem more prominent and are very tropical and balmy. I think it almost smells tropical because of the flowers mixing with the coconut. It is intense at first and very floral. It only lasts a half hour tops and then I get lots of vanilla mixed with tonka bean and some musk and powder. The final dry down is vanilla cookie chemistry.
The new formulation gives me a headache. It's nothing like the 1990's version which was a lovely vanilla, amber and sandalwood. It had little florals.
The new formulation is terrible.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Believe it or not, I'd never smelled this until recently (or maybe I did and forgot). This is good stuff! It reminds me a bit of BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar, with maybe a touch more muskiness. It lasts all day, too. Worth $9.99!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is a cloying, overly sweet mess and I'm not just saying that because I hate all things vanilla scented. I'm saying it because it is STRONG. One of only two perfumes to give me a headache. One little spray made my whole office, car and everything smell overwhelming. It smells like some kind of super sugary, fake vanilla confection and who wants to walk around smelling like a cheap cake? When it dies down it dies down and smells like exactly what it is, a very cheap drugstore perfume.

I wore this perfume for years when I was younger. I was a flight attendant and couldn't wear anything strong or offensive. This was perfect for that. Of course I wore it mostly because I couldn't afford anything more expensive at the time, however, strangely enough---out of all the perfumes I have worn, some being over 100.00 a bottle, Vanilla Fields has gotten the most compliments by far. I wear Gucci by Gucci now and get some compliments, but not nearly as many as when I wore Vanilla Fields.
I hadn't smelled VF in years so the other day I spritzed some on at the drug store and not a half an hour later, I had already received three compliments. Not sure what it is about this fragrance, but it does seem to go over well with folks.
I may just get myself a bottle to have on hand.
UPDATE******I picked up a small bottle of this yesterday real cheap at a discount store. I wore it today and sure enough...I got 3 compliments! Proves my theory on this stuff. It is YUMMY! Those are the first compliments I have receieved in years. The last time was when I used to wear this stuff. Amazing.

Kinda pretty, soft, light, feminine. Like a windy spring day. But no oomph! It's just plain smelling, nothing memorable, boring. Most gals like it though. Got a few compliments. It could be a bit more bold. But that's me. On others, it smells really clean and nice. It stays on well and it's nose friendly.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't really like this, but anytime I wear it, I get more complements than with any other fragrance! Now it has grown on me a bit and it brings back pretty good memories of a time I moved to another town for a while - this is what I was wore for months there. An Autumn & Winter scent.

It is cold and wintery and I'm not prepared to wear my expensive juices to work so I thought this would fit the bill. This is not quite as vanilla based as I was expeting from the name and there is a nose tickling sharpness whe first sprayed but it settles down nicely. I'm afraid it is nothing special and won't buy it again there are better bargain fragrances out there (think L'Aimant and L'Origan) but for now, for winter and for work it will do nicely.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This was always my favorite cheapie! Long lasting, lots of compliments. You cant be fooled by the cheap price tag. Its really nice. I had a man in the grocery store years ago tell me I smelled wonderful.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was a big scent when I was in college- along with SunFlowers and CKOne. I remember the guys always flocking around this one particular girl- saying how great she smelled. It was like bees to honey, really! Then I found out what her secret weapon was- Vanilla Fields. I wasn't overly interested in (nor could I afford) perfume at that time. Then one of my aunts discovered it and used such a heavy hand with it- I couldn't stand the smell for a long time. I recently tried it again- I'm so glad I did. Maybe it's not complex or niche, but it is a lovely powdery, woody vanilla- easy on the pocketbook and nose. Sometimes life is complicated enough and Vanilla Fields is like aromatherapy to me!

This is a nice warm yet slightly powdery musky-floral vanilla. It is very comforting and the sillage it exudes is, to me, not overtly vanilla but simply pleasant. It seems a bit harsh when freshly applied (like so many fragrances do) and needs a few minutes to settle down. I probably will buy this again at some time in the future when my little bottle runs out. On my skin it layers very well with other fragrances - particularly Tabu, that is one combination that my husband evidently likes very much. ;-)

Popular Fragrances