MAC Cosmetics Lipglass Lip Gloss - Oh Baby

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I impulse bought this as a mini in line at Ulta. I love it! It’s a warm brown-ish that has micro rainbow shimmers! Not gritty though like dazzleglass. I’d defo get full sized since I tend to use the minis fast. I am 40 years old & have NW-13-20 skin (product/season dependent — fair and pink basically). The pic with faux fur everywhere is me. I like to use wth a warm bronzy makeup lewk. In the pic, I applied a thick layer to my pretty pigmented lips - with nothing underneath. Quality, scent, longevity etc on par with MAC lipglass in general.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I finally broke down and got a mini of this lipglass to try. It is your typical old school MAC lipglass...much like Lovechild, Plum Dandy (now gone), Prr, & Nymphette are. If I had tried this back in 1999 when I was in my (these type of glittery) lipglass phase, I probably would have loved this. But, these days I much prefer MAC Deelight lipglass type texture/look than more frosty, glittery shades like Oh Baby. For example, I really like the new LE Best Teddy lipglass (beige type gloss, but no glitter or metallic frost, not as creamy as Deelight).

My main frustration with this shade is that, on me...nw20, deep winter, this would like a nice bronzey nude beachy lip on good days, but on bad days, it would look like the late 90's music video look (icy & frosty). I have seen it look like perfection on Karen from Makeup and Beauty blog. On me, this is a bit hit or miss. I am debating whether to return, but I think this is one of those shades I will just hang on to as a reminder that I tried it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Oh Baby is a medium brown/golden shimmery Lipglass by MAC. It glides on quite light w/hints of brown & mostly gold glitter shimmer. Can apply alone for calm effect & can be applied on top of brown/golden lipsticks.
Pros: Lightweight, smooth, vanilla esque smell.
Cons: Mostly gliterry, color really isn't visible.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Oh Baby is in my opinion, a beginner lipglass. I've been trying to get through the same tube forever. It's a nice nude, but not crazy about the glitter.

I've been using this lip gloss for years and love it! It blends well with all of my lip liners and softens my lips when they are chapped. Like other lip glosses, it can come off when drinking from a glass and get a little sticky, but I don't have any other complaints! And I just bought another today!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love OH BABY i fell in love with a similar Mac lip glass product in 08 and ran out of supply and this came very close to it and ever since then i've been married to it :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Nope. I tried Oh Baby on only once in a MAC and all the large chunks of Christmas glitter just put me off. I'm NC45. It ain't my baby let's just say. But someone who reviewed before I did said it looks great over Coconutty lipstick, which is a lipstick I do like, so hey maybe it does.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Very pretty but glittery, won't be purchasing again. Another reviewer suggested MAC Liqueur for the same effect sans the glitter, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My favorite Mac Lipglass! Not too brown and not gold. Even I prefer lipstick, Oh Baby is MY official lipglass. Maybe a little bit expensive for a gloss but... it's MAC!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I actually really, really like this l/g. It was a "please don't hate us" gift from MAC when I received really horrendous customer service at a counter on one of my buisiness trips. (I don't usually e-mail corporate over little things; working retail sucks enough without people reporting you all the time, but this was awful.)

Anyway, I received it in the mail today and tried it on. I'm actually impressed at how well it works on my peach-toned skin. I wear it over peachstock or ever hip and it gives a nice glow and shimmer to my lips. Really nice. I've read others say they think that it's cool toned? It's bronze w/gold shimmer -- that's about as warm as you can get. It's really nice, though, and I enjoy it.

I don't know if I'd honestly repurchase it for $14. But if the opportunity came up to get it again for a good price, I'd snag it. It's good to have around and works really well (worn thinly) on redhead colouring.

The package made it look like nothing special, but trying it on made all the difference.

It is fairly sticky, like most lipglasses, but I don't think it's as bad as the dazzleglass creme line or some of the others. It's not uncomfortable to wear, lasts for several hours and contains a moderate amount of micro-shimmer. I think it's sophisticated and just a bit glam.

Not a bad staple for any gal's collection, but specifically recommended for redheads and warm-toned, tan or peachy people.